• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Staff AMA Thread

What is your favorite animal?
Pets-wise, I'm a cat person. I've (or rather my family has) had multiple cats throughout my life. I currently don't have any, but my dad has two (tuxedo sisters) and I kind of consider them my pets as well.

Other than that, I'd say penguins, pandas and elephants.

Do you keep track of members who have created the most number of threads?
I looked around a bit, and I don't believe we do. If we do, I don't think that data is public. We do keep track of who has made the most individual posts:

Some other data for anyone interested:

- Number of total threads: 238,430
- Number of total messages (not sure if this includes profile posts): 7,006,283
- Number of members: 55,869

Keep in mind that unfortunately we have to deal with spambots, which probably make up some percentage of all the numbers I just mentioned.

There's actually tons of spambots, but most do indeed get caught in the spam filter. We used to have a lot of spambots spamming threads in Chinese that didn't even get caught in the filter, but we don't see those much anymore these days. Nowadays it's mostly just spam accounts that don't even post anything :wynaut: They've gotten lazy.

There's actually tons of spambots, but most do indeed get caught in the spam filter. We used to have a lot of spambots spamming threads in Chinese that didn't even get caught in the filter, but we don't see those much anymore these days. Nowadays it's mostly just spam accounts that don't even post anything :wynaut: They've gotten lazy.
I saw a guy on serebii advertising marijuana gummies :ROFLMAO:

The Music Man - ok this one's kind of weird, but I'm a big musical fan, and my favorite non-animated movie musical has got to be this 1962 movie (not the 2003 version, avoid it at all costs). I get that it might not be for everyone, but this is legitimately one of my all time favorite movies. Even if you've seen a stage version of this production, I recommend the movie because I consider it the definitive version. First of all it's absolutely hilarious. Nearly every line, no matter how innocuous, is delivered in this bizarre way that not only makes me laugh but falls into this strange rhythm that pulls you into the wacky world. It is 2.5 hours long, but I've never noticed the runtime because I'm enjoying every second too much.

I love The Music Man!

For everyone...What part of Pokemon would you like to get into more but can't because of time? For example manga, competitive, etc...

What non-Pokemon media do you think it's underrated and why would you recommend it?

Definitely competitive/trading.. used to do a lot of it back in the DS generation :D And probably "My Roommate is a Cat" anime. A truly amazing show that needs more love

For everyone...What part of Pokemon would you like to get into more but can't because of time? For example manga, competitive, etc...
What non-Pokemon media do you think it's underrated and why would you recommend it?
I'd say competitive battle outside of Showdown. I know how to play, I just don't have the patience to breed for perfect IVs with the right nature.
And Shin Megami Tensei for sure (excluding Persona). The 3DS alone has 6 titles - IV/A for mainline, Strange Journey Redux (first-person dungeon crawler), Soul Hackers (first-person dungeon crawler) and the Devil Survivor duology (strategy rpg). I highly recommend the franchise if you're looking for some difficult JRPGs.

Also I'm guessing mods watch their specific forum that they are co-in charge of, but do the Super mods and Admins watch all of the forums? If so, how many alerts do you get on average?
For me I just watch the sections I was in charge of as a mod (Current Events, Pokemon Video Games and The Arcade) and keep an eye on reports. I'm pinged for anything that requires smod/admin attention, so there's really no need to watch the entire forum imo. I actually don't get that many alerts, at least right now - they pile up closer to a mainline game's release date.

What music do you all listen to?
Jpop, Jrock, Kpop and game soundtracks. I err..rarely listen to western artists oops
Some specific artists I listen to include LiSA, Miwa, Babymetal, Band-Maid, Dreamcatcher, WJSN, Yukika, etc. For games, I particularly like the WItcher 3 and Xenoblade soundtracks as well as Shoji Meguro's work on SMT/Persona.

what are your favorite Second stage starters?
Blastoise, Typhlosion, Swampert, Torterra, Samurott and Decidueye.

What is your favorite animal?
Komodo dragons easily.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom