• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN067: Suspect Pikachu!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pikachu is sick of hacks stealing the spotlight from him.
The episode where he got jealous of Riolu turned out to be foreshadowing. :p

In al seriousness, though, Pikachu's jealousy episode aged like ice cream under the Florida sun. I already found it beyond irritating that he got angry about a literal baby getting more attention than him (like, no s**t, you jerk rat. It's a baby), but the fact that Pikachu continues to get focus episodes while the rest of his teammates, including the Lucario he threw a tantrum over, just get shoved further and further into the background makes him come off as even more whiny, selfish, and entitled in hindsight than he already was.

In al seriousness, though, Pikachu's jealousy episode aged like ice cream under the Florida sun. I already found it beyond irritating that he got angry about a literal baby getting more attention than him (like, no s**t, you jerk rat. It's a baby), but the fact that Pikachu continues to get focus episodes while the rest of his teammates, including the Lucario he threw a tantrum over, just get shoved further and further into the background makes him come off as even more whiny, selfish, and entitled in hindsight than he already was.
Exactly!!! This is so OOC it's unbelievable!!! I could go on a while rant as to how Journeys screwed over Pikachu with their so called attempt at giving their mascot "focus"(I guess we should just shafted the other pokemon who cares about them ammiright lollll) and in doing so they made him a complete brat! Pikachu acts so petty in Journeys it's almost like his character development from OS is nonexist-oh wait.

^ OMG I'm so glad I'm not the only one who couldn't stand that episode LOL. It's been a while since I've seen it, but if I'm remembering it right, Pikachu wasn't the only one who was OOC as all get out there. Ash's reaction to Pikachu suddenly hating him and running away was basically just "oops sorry my bad lol", which struck me as... odd... considering how much I thought he loves that electric cat and how many times he's jumped off of buildings or whatever to save it. But no it was just a silly misunderstanding it's fine I guess? :confused:

Aaanyway... on-topic. I don't think this is the Grookey/Eevee one, but I guess it could be possible, if it's got two separate plots going on at the same time. I just think it probably would have been mentioned in the title if it was.

Honestly, would anyone even complain if Pikachu was cut from the show at this point? Ash's Team can hold itself on its own.

Honestly, would anyone even complain if Pikachu was cut from the show at this point? Ash's Team can hold itself on its own.
Believe it or not, yes, plenty of people would complain. Pikachu does have his fans. Heck, one of them is even in this very forum and replied to the very same comment you quoted from me. Besides, Pikachu is the franchise mascot, so he's far too iconic to remove. Especially since he and Ash form probably one of the world's most recognizable dynamic duos. Separating them would be beyond unthinkable.

I would. As would many others. Pikachu is an extremely important part of Ash's team, is the main reason the TRio many love exists, and has also been the direct cause for many of Ash's captures. You can NOT just remove him from the show. And as for the Ash's team holding itself on it's own...one of the main reasons why I say that Pikachu is OOC in Journeys is because his defining quality that took place firstly in DP is that he is a leader-this is clearly not the case in Journeys. All throughout the series, Pikachu has been responsible for numerous pokemon, and is regularly helping/assisting/supporting his teammates. Fun fact, a lot of Ash's pokemon were introduced through an incident involving Pikachu-as were some of Ash's companions-like Dawn, for example.

I highly doubt that Satoshi's team could manage without Pikachu; we would still have horrible writing and lack of focus and development.

Oh, yes! Hikari, the true coprotagonist!

Last edited:
Why is everyone hating on this episode already when we don’t even have a plot summary? I know why we’re all hyped about Project Mew but is our collective short term memory that bad to forget that fillers this series (and every series in this anime) have frequently been more enjoyable than Big Plot?!...

543.jpg

Why is everyone hating on this episode already when we don’t even have a plot summary? I know why we’re all hyped about Project Mew but is our collective short term memory that bad to forget that fillers this series (and every series in this anime) have frequently been more enjoyable than Big Plot?!...
Don't know if I'd fully agree with that, but fair point.

Honestly, the only reason I'm already judging this episode is because I'm still salty about Journeys Pikachu right now. You can't even call Pikachu the same character as before, with him betting mad over little things, getting jealous of a little baby(contradicting his character in literally EVERY SINGLE SERIES before this), and being entirely, fully dependent on Ash to the point where it makes you wonder if Pikachu is supposed to be a baby in this series(seriously, Lucario acts more independent than Pikachu in this series, which like...??? No??? :confused:).

Not to mention, if we exclude battles in general or certain roles in other episodes, this is like the FIFTH episode with the main focus revolving around Pikachu-which is more than any other series before this. And again, that's not even including battles and episodes where Pikachu has a major ROLE(instead of being the only focus of the episode).

This episode could more than possibly be extremely interesting. But the fact that it's about Pikachu makes me set my expectations extremely low because I detest how Pikachu's characterized in Journeys right now-I'm not going to enjoy an episode about a character that isn't even the same character anymore. It just rubs more salt into the wounds.

one of the main reasons why I say that Pikachu is OOC in Journeys is because his defining quality that took place firstly in DP is that he is a leader-this is clearly not the case in Journeys.
In Journeys nobody is the leader but the main staff members who are always keeping everyone and the real Pikachu in off screen jail, complete with balls on chains.

I'm not hating on it. Just uninterested.

Having the feeling that it'll be bland or boring.

With the way this series has been going and even without Pikachu, Leon's Charizard would easily crush Ash's entire Journeys team all at once before the poor kid can even call out a move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom