• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Do You Fear?

ShinjiLover

Reaction score
I actually saw this on Serebii Forums and though 'hey, does BMGf have this?'. Well, I looked back about four pages, and saw nothing, so I decided to create this thread here in the misc.! And I do so hope I posted this in the correct thread. .

Here's a list of mine (Please note that they don't necessarily have the be 'phobias', just things you wouldn't like to see/be around/et cetera. I have merely listed the unusual things, but you can list any you like. Feel free to include funny things for the lawlz.):

Bathophobia - Fear of depth.
I don't know what it is, but just seeing how deep some bodies of water are scares the crap outta me. I think it's because I can't swim. =(

Automatonophobia - Fear of ventriloquist's dummies, animatronic creatures, wax statues - anything that falsly represents a sentient being.
Yes, ventriloquist dummies. . *shudder* The very thought of them is so vile.

Batophobia - Fear of heights or being close to high buildings.
This one only applies to being close to high buildings. I wouldn't say it's a phobia, but I just get nervous, is all. It's odd.

Emetophobia- Fear of vomiting.
. . . ._. Must I elaborate? Just the thought! Ugh! ><

For a complete list of phobias (so you may take your pick), click here! I stopped at letter 'I'. ^^"

--

Chrometophobia or Chrematophobia - Fear of money.
No, I am not afraid of money. I just saw this and thought it'd be good for some lolz's.

I have:
Acrophobia- Fear of heights.
Aeroacrophobia- Fear of open high places.
Agliophobia- Fear of pain.
Aichmophobia- Fear of needles or pointed objects.
Apiphobia- Fear of bees.
Arachnephobia or Arachnophobia- Fear of spiders.
Automatonophobia- Fear of ventriloquist's dummies, animatronic creatures, wax statues - anything that falsely represents a sentient being.
Eremophobia- Fear of being oneself or of loneliness.
Gerascophobia- Fear of growing old.
Lockiophobia- Fear of childbirth.
Nucleomituphobia- Fear of nuclear weapons.
Nyctohylophobia- Fear of dark wooded areas or of forests at night
Taphephobia- Fear of being buried alive
Thanatophobia or Thantophobia- Fear of death or dying.
Tropophobia- Fear of moving or making changes.
Trypanophobia- Fear of injections.
Vaccinophobia- Fear of vaccination.

I'm a fearful person.

Its not on that list so I guess Im the only one whos afraid of them..

So I have a deathy fear of sting rays or manta rays of any type. Even at Sea World. I cant look at them I cant touch them or be anywhere near them without freaking out.

I have:

Fear of water
Fear of talking to groups of people (takes me a little time before I can get courage to do so)
Eremophobia- Fear of being oneself or of loneliness

And this may seem silly, but fear of not knowing what to d in an airport becuase of my bad shyness towards people sometimes.

Here are some of mine: Arachnophobia- Fear of spiders. Claustrophobia- Fear of confined spaces. Acrophobia- Fear of heights.

Lol at this one.
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words.

I have a bad fear of moths- Mottephobia, Necrophobia- Fear of death or dead things, and Pnigophobia- Fear of choking (I often choke when I drink something too

Spiders, blood, red applesauce(Because of blood), guns, bats, termites, and the fear of being forced to talk to people.

Arachnophobia....

I [censored] HATE SPIDERS! AND ANYONE WHO LIKES THEM CAN GO TO HELL!

Then I guess one of my characters would go to hell then, since she loves spiders.

Actually, she's also PART spider...

Agraphobia - Who doesn't?
Ataxiophobia - Not being able to control my movements would be quite scary.
Coulrophobia - Yeah... They really creep me out.
Demophobia - I've never been good with big crowds...

I have four fears
One is i fear saying something stupid when i talk to people to get them mad.

my second fear is Pragmatophobia why are we living here and what is our purpose it freaks me out!!!

The third one is fear of caterpillars dont ask

My final fear is pteromechanophobia or fear of flying i hate being high up!!!

Last edited:
I have a decent number of fears, many unfortunately are irrational.

Aviophobia - Fear of flying. A bad one considering I almost always fly back home for extended breaks.

Brontophobia - Fear of thunderstorms. I've been afraid since first grade when a tornado struck a neighboring town and the air raid sirens went off during school.

Lilapsophobia - Fear of tornadoes. Goes along with my comments above.

And these two aren't fears of mine, but I just want to point out how ironic it is that there is Hellophobia (fear of Greeks/Greek culture) and Hellenologophobia (Greek terms), since most phobias are based on Greek phrases.

I have a few:

Arachnophobia. Well, little spiders aren't so bad, but I hate big ones *shudders*
Aichmophobia. I have to look away whenever I'm getting an injection.
Fear of deep water...well, I'm scared of whatever maybe lurking in the water, not the water itself.
Acrophobia. I hate heights...
Agraphobia. Well, who doesn't fear this?
Fear of clowns. There's something...not right about clowns.
I also fear toys that are too lifelike/realistic. IDK why, I just find them creepy. Strangely, this only applies to human-like ones (especially those baby dolls), animal-like ones are fine (well, unless said animal-like toy is a spider...)

Last edited:
I have a few:

I also fear toys that are too lifelike/realistic. IDK why, I just find them creepy. Strangely, this only applies to human-like ones (especially those baby dolls), animal-like ones are fine (well, unless said animal-like toy is a spider...)

Like those dolls that people carry around with them at anime cons? The Dollfies? They are fully posable, and like 2 feet tall and run you about 400 dollars for the doll clothes and wigs!
I cannot stand those things!! I had someone show me at a con how they can open the back of their head and push in on the eye socket to move the eye in different directions...it was creepy...

Like those dolls that people carry around with them at anime cons? The Dollfies? They are fully posable, and like 2 feet tall and run you about 400 dollars for the doll clothes and wigs!
I cannot stand those things!! I had someone show me at a con how they can open the back of their head and push in on the eye socket to move the eye in different directions...it was creepy...

I don't think I've seen one of those (I've never been to an anime con *shot*), but the eye thing sounds creepy D:

...OMG, I just looked them up. Gahhh, that is creepy! D:

I was talking about those dolls that are marketed towards young girls. You know, those baby dolls that babble, cry, laugh, etc.

Oh yeah, I can't stand watching/reading a scene when someone's eye/s get damaged...Say, Character A stabs Character B in the eye with a knife. Stuff like that *shudders*

How can you be afraid of water? i've been swimming since I was one.

It happened one day on a trip to the swimming pool with my school when I was about 8-9 and we had to swim across a pool that started at 3ft and went to 6ft 6" and when I had to swim across, I was holding the rail at the side of the pool to help me swim across, but I slipped at the 6ft part and went under, I was choking, tried pusing my arms back, but could not do it and all the other kids just sat and laughed at me and it took the woman who was watching us about a few minutes before she got a pole with what looked like a hard hat on end and told me to grab it and pull myself up. It was not great and I have been scared of deep water ever since, it was worse when the woman took so long to rescue me. I was never a good swimmer to start with because I used to get tired easily and could no swim far.

Some of you have some pretty interesting fears. As for you, SatoshiXHikari, I'm sure there's someone else in the world with a fear of Manta Rays. Personally, they're my favorite fish.

Lygophobia- Fear of darkness.
Yes, I'm afraid of the dark. . ._.

Odontophobia- Fear of teeth or dental surgery.
Eeeehhh, the dental surgery part scares me. Not so much the teeth. XD

Taphephobia/Taphophobia- Fear of being buried alive or of cemeteries.
I'm afraid of being buried alive. Cemeteries are awesome, though.

Tetanophobia- Fear of lockjaw, tetanus.
I'm terrified of lockjaw. Not being able to move my jaw is a scary thought.

Tomophobia- Fear of surgical operations.
I hope to God that I never have to have surgery.

Can you say 'lol'?:
Ithyphallophobia- Fear of seeing, thinking about or having an erect penis.
Logophobia- Fear of words.
Medomalacuphobia- Fear of losing an erection.
Oneirogmophobia- Fear of wet dreams.
Opiophobia- Fear medical doctors experience of prescribing needed pain medications for patients.
Parthenophobia- Fear of virgins or young girls.
Polyphobia- Fear of many things.
Sophophobia- Fear of learning.
Venustraphobia- Fear of beautiful women.

Back
Top Bottom