• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

I don't doubt at least one of those people is working on L:A. It just seems like too much of a missed opportunity if they hire someone and use them for Gen 9 rather than the first fully open world Pokemon. Especially ex-Square Enix employees.

Sure, that's good for Gen 9, but I feel like if L:A gets bad reviews they might not try this anymore. Not to this caliber, at least.

It's Pokémon, it will always get good reviews.

Did you really think you could trust them in the first place?
In some capacity, yes. I'm horrible with decisions so I just go with reviews to see if my purchase would be worth it.
Now I just take things with a grain of salt and just buy what I think is best for me. Doesn't make the decision any less harder though lol

I'm hyped for this idea. What if all the original Sinnoh starters get "ancient" forms?
Ancient Infernape like the protagonist for Journey to the West
Ancient Torterra being something similar to the legend of the Black Tortoise
Ancient Empoleon maybe representing a Poseidon/Triton-like figure.
Im down for ancient forms. But I don't really want the starters to have ancient forms... mostly because samurott is fine the way it is I just think it'd be better to leave the starters alone and focus on the other Pokemon.

Or even better...maybe this is the world that Cyrus hoped to create.
I'm going to assume no considering Cyrus sought to create a world without spirit, and none of the overworld scenes give that sort of vibe. I mean, the player characters are shown smiling and all. Plus, the trailer suggests that this is set in the current Pokémon timeline, just in the past.

I'm going to assume no considering Cyrus sought to create a world without spirit, and none of the overworld scenes give that sort of vibe. I mean, the player characters are shown smiling and all. Plus, the trailer suggests that this is set in the current Pokémon timeline, just in the past.
Interesting considering Dawn had a neutral expression at the beginning of the trailer.
Zrzut ekranu 2021-05-10 214550.png

Well, if you are just standing there and nothing really is happening, you would have a neutral expression.
Yeah, but isn't the default expression smiling? It just makes me wonder if this is a cutscene or if the player character will finally have expressions other than smiling during gameplay.

Right but that's one out of many other facial expressions right? Still doesn't discount that Cyrus theory which seems really interesting.
That is true. A world without spirit could mean anything though I didn't play Diamond and Pearl yet so I could be wrong.

Personally I just want to believe this game is fully set in the past and none of that time travel baloney. Pokemon stories were never groundbreaking but I would love a story that doesn't incorporate any weird cliches or at least not to this caliber.

Last edited:
Yeah, but isn't the default expression smiling? It just makes me wonder if this is a cutscene or if the player character will finally have expressions other than smiling during gameplay.
But why would you smile if there is nothing to smile about?

To be fair, this guy does it and it works out for him.
intro-1596067346.jpg

this whole interaction made me laugh out loud

I’m fairly certain we’ll get several towns like early Hokkaido.

The Galactic symbol theory about it being a significant ancient symbol immediately makes me draw parallels to the swastika in our own history.

The Galactic symbol theory about it being a significant ancient symbol immediately makes me draw parallels to the swastika in our own history.
That does seem like a plausable theory but I don't think it's the Galactic symbol personally. Maybe they just look similar? Maybe it's an early version of it and Team Galactic just transformed it so it looks unique?

That does seem like a plausable theory but I don't think it's the Galactic symbol personally. Maybe they just look similar? Maybe it's an early version of it and Team Galactic just transformed it so it looks unique?

Yeah, no, that's what I meant. The modern Team Galactic symbol might be a derivative/corruption of another, much older symbol.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom