• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

What got me mad about swsh leaks was the starters leaks. I just wanted to know what scorbunnys evolutions looked like. When the other starters evolutions leaked everyone was talking how trash they were and I had to look, only to find the blurriest photo ever to get mad at a fan interpretation of that blurry image that people were judging the design on. So I waited on a leak thread for cinderace, thinking any minute cinderace would leak just like the other starters...took 2 days from the blurry image, dubwool, leaked, yampers evolution, leaked, the coalassal line, leaked...thankfully cinderace finally showed its unblurry face and I was satisfied but it took too long and too much had been leaked for me.

Still though I had a couple of lines to discover for the first time, I still remember thinking wtf when I first saw falinks come out of that hole on route 9(?) Or when I first saw the dreepy line. I fought Leon not knowing it was ghost type until I tried fake out only for it to fail and then I noticed the transparent tail and the ghost like pose.

I actually had a very similar experience. I really just wanted to see Sobble's evolutions, but then more Pokemon like Nickit and Toxel started leaking, and I couldn't resist looking. Before I knew it, I'd seen so many Pokemon I thought I may as well keep checking back to see them all! I did have a lot of fun in the r/SwShLeaks subreddit - there was a real buzz of excitement and positive vibes there - but I also kind of feel like I was robbed of the experience of discovering them myself. The worst part was seeing Eternatus' Pokedex entry about "Rose's meddling", which pretty much spoiled the entire plot.

At one point, I was actually considering not watching any more official trailers after the Zacian and Zamazenta reveal. I was worried they might pull another Sun and Moon and reveal almost everything in the trailers. They didn't, but then I ended up spoiling everything for myself anyway...

I hope I can have the self-discipline not to look at any leaks when Gen 9 comes out. I may look at leaks for Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, however, because I want to know what is and isn't included in them before buying. If there's anything missing that could be sold separately as DLC later, like the Distortion World, that might deter me.

I had an interesting thought. If Pokemon Camp doesn't return as something we can do anywhere, I wonder if Amity Square could be made into a camping area since before it was a place to chill with certain Pokémon. Now, it would be annoying to not be able to use camp anywhere at will (and tbh I DO want camp to return as it was in SWSH), but if not, I thought this could be an interesting alternative. Pokemon would pick up random items in Amity Square, which can also happen in camp so I think it could mesh will hypothetically.

Isn't Amity Square too small?

Speaking of Electivire, still waiting for Electric/Fighting Mega Electivire to be a thing.
Still waiting on a Mega for Dragonite, but I know it won't happen. There won't be new Megas.

I sincerely don't know, considering the Gen VI and Gen VII cycles revealed too much but the Gen VIII revealed too little.
It's a remake, so there isn't much to reveal.

Basically, the discourse surrounding BDSP...
View attachment 142973

Pokémon taught us not to expect much.

That was the intent, as it was supposed to be a city park type area. It only existed to test out the following Pokemon feature, which would be implemented in HGSS.
Yes.
And it seems walking Pokémon won't be in the games. They would need to make 494 chilbi walking models for it.

I actually had a very similar experience. I really just wanted to see Sobble's evolutions, but then more Pokemon like Nickit and Toxel started leaking, and I couldn't resist looking. Before I knew it, I'd seen so many Pokemon I thought I may as well keep checking back to see them all! I did have a lot of fun in the r/SwShLeaks subreddit - there was a real buzz of excitement and positive vibes there - but I also kind of feel like I was robbed of the experience of discovering them myself. The worst part was seeing Eternatus' Pokedex entry about "Rose's meddling", which pretty much spoiled the entire plot.

At one point, I was actually considering not watching any more official trailers after the Zacian and Zamazenta reveal. I was worried they might pull another Sun and Moon and reveal almost everything in the trailers. They didn't, but then I ended up spoiling everything for myself anyway...

I hope I can have the self-discipline not to look at any leaks when Gen 9 comes out. I may look at leaks for Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, however, because I want to know what is and isn't included in them before buying. If there's anything missing that could be sold separately as DLC later, like the Distortion World, that might deter me.
I still remember the super blurry g max grimmsnarl leak, we were certain it was eternatus. Thankfully wasn't spoiled on that. I Wasn't spoiled on rose either, not that it mattered because it was so obvious I was calling it from the moment the game booted up, although part of me was expecting Leon to not be as perfect as he let on.

I'm more curious about how they'll handle Amity Square than it probably deserves considering how minor it was in the original games (probably just a test run for HG/SS followers).

I sort of doubt they'll make follower models in the new world map art style for every BDSP Pokémon (we don't know how big it'll be but "at least as big as the original gen 4" seems likely), so what? Make it a camp location? Minigames? Something entirely new? Pave it and put up a parking lot?

Personally I don't care about graphics in a Pokémon game.

As long as I can make good teams and it have an interesting story I will play it. Also nostalgia factor for me cause gen 4 was during a really happy time of my life.

I will buy it and I will try to enjoy it.

However I understand why some people wanted more for a remake.

I'd love to see the Gym Leaders, Elite Four and Stat Trainers all have full teams in rematches.
I'd also like to see even regular Trainers sometimes use Pokemon with Hidden Abilities, such as the Ace Duo on Route 210 with a Raichu and a Gyarados - if said Raichu has Lightning Rod, then most Electric attacks aren't a threat to Gyarados.
I've never liked that random Collector blocking the post-game section of the Victory Road, so I'd like to see the entrance initially blocked by a body of water you can't surf on (when you first get Surf, you can't use it on Lake Verity, either, in Generation IV). However, after you beat Cynthia, the water level rises, making it navigable.

Do we know when the next trailer and news announcement will be? It's been well over a month since the last one! The ORAS trailers mainly showcased the new Mega Evolutions, but assuming there isn't going to be anything like that in BDSP, I wonder what the trailers will focus on? And will they continue to release information for BDSP and Legends alongside, or will they focus on BDSP first? I'm looking forward to seeing what they do.
So no 1 said anything about Corocoro magazines?

Also, what about the English version of the Zarude movie?

As well as the next live movie, probably Detective Pikachu.

Everything in Galar is bigger. And if camping is limited to Amity Square, what's the use?

I'm not sure what you mean by that. An outdoor square is going to be larger than a single building. There's plenty of space to put down a tent and let your team roam.

Like I said, I HOPE, that camping won't be limited to Amity Square. I want to be able to use it freely like in SwSh. I was just making a suggestion of how it could appear if they don't bring camping back as it was in SwSh.

According to famitsu Theres more interest in bdsp than in Legends arceus
Not surprising. Legends of Arcues looks really rough and it goes against the core mechanics of Pokemon. There hasn't been a new iteration or a spin off that has come near the sales of a traditional mainline game. Diamond and Pearl are also beloved games in Japan and the launch will be huge (regardless of the games quality). I think until we know more about legends, we need to tamper our expectations down a little.

Is nobody going ask about ILCA being the developers, and not Gamefreak (usually spin-off games were made by different developer), but BDSP are the first remake being developed by different developer. However, the co-director is still junichi masuda, Will change anything in BDSP?

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom