• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Controversial opinions

1. That makes sense, but....I mean if Greninja was that broken he could have easily won the league. Would you say that Tobias deserved to lose the Sinnoh league because he used 2 legendaries? Yeah, legendaries are extremely powerful. But even if Greninja was on that level, the fact that he lost to a Charizard in the final part of the Kalos Championship ruins it a little for me, and makes me think Ash deserved to win it.
2. But, Battle Bond was introduced in SM for the games, as an anime tie-in. The anime sometimes doesn't follow the logic of the games, so it doesn't make sense to have something in the anime just for competitive purposes.
3. You're right about this, actually! It would give more personality to them, I'd like that.
4. Fair enough!
5. The only Sceptile I remember is Sawyer's from Kalos lol.
To be honest, your ideas aren't bad. I'm just playing the devil's advocate for most of them lol

1. Greninja wasn't broken I'm not talking about BP, I'm talking about it's hidden ability (Which Ash didn't have that)
2. Then I guess you wouldn't mind If your favorite characters got shifted in show for another one right? I'm not only talking about game logic
5. Apparently Ash's Sceptile doesn't exist? The one that beat Tobias's unbeatable Darkrai.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Greninja wasn't broken I'm not talking about BP, I'm talking about it's hidden ability (Which Ash didn't have that)
2. Then I guess you wouldn't mind If your favorite characters got shifted in show for another one right? I'm not only talking about game logic
5. Apparently Ash's Sceptile doesn't exist? The one that beat Tobias's unbeatable Darkrai.

You mean the Sceptile that beat a Darkrai only because 4 Pokemon beforehand weakened it?

I won't even lie.

I'm more excited for the Grookey and Eevee Episode than I am for any of the Project Mew Arc

But it kinda bums me out that I've seen people on Twitter who seem to dislike Grookey for allegedly "replacing" Cinderace.

Imo Grookey's the most fun First Stage Starter Pokemon we've had since maybe Piplup.

(Everything after Piplup has been either boring, barely any screentime, or just plain annoying imo)

Also Like out of 70 episodes, Cinderace has shown up in a majority of them. Grookey's only been around for less than 10 episodes.

And it's not as if Cinderace doesn't get any screentime. He still has a role in the Project Mew Arc coming up.

At least Be grateful that he didn't end up completely disappearing like a certain Lizard

While Rabbits and Monkeys have been fighting over table scraps the Lizards are outside dehydrated in the middle of a desert :rolleyes:

An actual controversial opinion: XY(Z), let alone overrated, receives a ton of weird vitriol/hate towards it in these forums. There are a thousand posts talking about how hating XY is a controversial opinion, but in reality, most of this forum seems to hate it.

XY is not flawless but I personally had a lot of fun watching it, which isn’t something I can say about the clusterfuck that is JN. (Again, that’s my opinion, before someone quotes me and says something to the equivalent of "No").
I haven’t watched BW yet, but it doesn’t seem that bad to me compared to JN.

Controversial opinion #2: I think JN is the least enjoyable series so far. I have never said this about any series before, but this is the only series where even the parts I try to like have some bittersweet badness about them. I will not pass a full verdict about this so far since it isn’t finished yet. I fully acknowledge it might pull a SM and turn out better in later stages, but f I compare every series till this point, JN feels the most lifeless, with lifeless town and no Ash team interactions. I hope it improves, but it isn’t an enjoyable watch so far (again, I repeat, for me personally, everyone else is free to enjoy it. I don’t want to be trapped into pedantic statements about my phrasing).

Last edited:
I never liked the green monkey line.

Jukain is one of the strongest Pokemon Satoshi has, agreed it neeeded more focus to be the Ace but I felt that was due to Oosubame receiving a fair share of it. And then Battle Frontier introduced rotation.

I've ranted about Cameron and how his battle with Ash sucked many times, but there's also something else in Unova that had similar flaws.

Cameron's battle was especially stupid because the kid was an idiot who made stupid type matchup choices, brought only five Pokémon to a Full Battle, and still ended up winning because of a lucky evolution. In other words, he was rewarded for acting unwisely and relying on luck over skill. And those are not good lessons to teach to the show's target audience.

The other thing that had the same flaw was Ash's first Unova Gym challenge. He beat Chili with another Fire type, lost to Cress, and beat Cilan with a Water type. Here, Ash was not only rewarded for playing unwisely, but also got punished for the one matchup he played up smart. Ash's battle with Cress should honestly be acknowledged just as much as Ash and Trip's first battle for how badly written it is.

Mistys goal was very weird, being a pokemon water type master. Except competing the Whirl cup, did she do anything for it?

I like Kotetsu, as a character.
But I agree that the battle was awful shitty writing at its worst.

Despite XY being one of my favourite generations; I needed a one month break after the League. The Team Flare Arc had to wait.

I never liked the green monkey line.

Jukain is one of the strongest Pokemon Satoshi has, agreed it neeeded more focus to be the Ace but I felt that was due to Oosubame receiving a fair share of it. And then Battle Frontier introduced rotation.

And we had Glalie in the Hoenn League being the MVP outclassing the rest of the team.

Oh. I forgot about Onigohri defeating the overrated orange lizard.
Yeah. It was utterly wasted.

Back
Top Bottom