• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Gen 9 Predictions (Development predictions, New Regions, Version names)

So... what is your speculation and which animals do you think are appropriate for an Indian region to be turned into Pokemon.
National animal of India - Tiger
National Bird of India - Peacock
I could see a Cow based Pokémon because of its sacredness. There are hundreds of Cow species but one cow which always comes to my mind is Gyr Cattle or one based on Kamadhenu.
Asiatic Lion because it is only found in India.
Asian Elephant (/Regional Variant for Copperajah)
River Dolphin
Red Panda
Lion-tailed Macaque/Golden Langur/other Monkey
Antelope/Stag/Deer/Buck/Mouse Deer
Flying Squirrel/Malabar Giant Squirrel
Snow Leopard
Flying Fox
Bear
Rhinoceros
Indian Cobra/Mythological Snakes

There are so many varieties of species in India and it's hard to predict.

National animal of India - Tiger
National Bird of India - Peacock
I could see a Cow based Pokémon because of its sacredness. There are hundreds of Cow species but one cow which always comes to my mind is Gyr Cattle or one based on Kamadhenu.
Asiatic Lion because it is only found in India.
Asian Elephant (/Regional Variant for Copperajah)
River Dolphin
Red Panda
Lion-tailed Macaque/Golden Langur/other Monkey
Antelope/Stag/Deer/Buck/Mouse Deer
Flying Squirrel/Malabar Giant Squirrel
Snow Leopard
Flying Fox
Bear
Rhinoceros
Indian Cobra/Mythological Snakes

There are so many varieties of species in India and it's hard to predict.

Well... technically the correct term is Peafowl. Peacocks are male peafowl while females fare peahens.

I don't think they will give a regional form for Copperajah only one region after introducing it.

We already have a Red Panda with Bewear.

Flying Squirrel - Emolga regional evo.

Asiatic Lion - Pyroar regional evo

Cow - Tauros/Miltank pre-evo and then Tauros/Miltank regional form and evolution

I don't know if they want to do a Cobra as a Snake.

We have Arbok and Silicobra as Cobra's already. We don't have a Python yet though.

Thats speculation, because we simply don't know that.

So far, the conclusion i made from that one trailer is that the game in itself looks extremely barren (But yet again, this is only speculation).
Well, they've never made a fully open world game before. I honestly expect a Let's GO game next.

I have a hunch that the Generation 9 games will be like an expanded version of the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra. An open world map that still has a linear storyline to follow. I think it's likely that numbered Routes will be dropped entirely in favour of areas with their own unique names.

I think it would be good if some areas were still unlocked as you progressed through the story (which would make it a semi-open world, I suppose). The region could consist of, say, six different Wild Areas joined together, each with different habitats.

I have a hunch that the Generation 9 games will be like an expanded version of the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra. An open world map that still has a linear storyline to follow. I think it's likely that numbered Routes will be dropped entirely in favour of areas with their own unique names.

I think it would be good if some areas were still unlocked as you progressed through the story (which would make it a semi-open world, I suppose). The region could consist of, say, six different Wild Areas joined together, each with different habitats.

So basically like XY, where the routes where named and numbered.

So basically like XY, where the routes where named and numbered.

I really liked how Kalos' routes had names! But I think they might actually end up scrapping the idea of linear, numbered routes. Galar's Wild Areas have a more organic layout; the locations all slot together like a jigsaw puzzle.

I really liked how Kalos' routes had names! But I think they might actually end up scrapping the idea of linear, numbered routes. Galar's Wild Areas have a more organic layout; the locations all slot together like a jigsaw puzzle.

Unless they put a lot of trainers in the wild area (Galars have none) i can't see them getting rid of normal routes.

Unless they put a lot of trainers in the wild area (Galars have none) i can't see them getting rid of normal routes.

Yeah they'd have to add trainers to the wild area, but I think it would work. In a lot of ways, Sword and Shield feel as if they could be a transition between old and new styles of gameplay - similar to Gen 6, which included some traditional elements that were later scrapped in Gen 7 (like the grid-based overworld, chibi characters, HMs, and the Pokemon standing on platforms during battle).

Welp, the likelihood of gen 9 late 2022 has skyrocketed from possible to highly likely.
I don’t see how the release dates really indicate this at all.
At the risk of sounding pedantic I’m gonna point out that there is one trainer in the Wild Area which is significant because it at least means there is precedent for it.

Man I just hope future wild area and routes with overworld pokemon will let the pokemon interact with the world around them. Like you could sneak up on a deerling or something drinking from a river or chasing a pachirisu up a tree and then shaking the tree to initiate the battle with it. Or pokemon chasing each other. Pokemon you have to work to get would be interesting. Like one of the canonically fast pokemon being difficult to initiate battle with unless you manage to corner it or you're on a bike or a fast riding pokemon.

Plus still having routes is not a bad thing in my eyes! We can have both. There are times where linear paths from one location to another make sense. Routes to me or less like just roads between locations and more like big, wild areas that have had a section of it developed somewhat for easy travel between locations. If that makes sense? I'm not good at describing things.

]
Man I just hope future wild area and routes with overworld pokemon will let the pokemon interact with the world around them. Like you could sneak up on a deerling or something drinking from a river or chasing a pachirisu up a tree and then shaking the tree to initiate the battle with it. Or pokemon chasing each other. Pokemon you have to work to get would be interesting. Like one of the canonically fast pokemon being difficult to initiate battle with unless you manage to corner it or you're on a bike or a fast riding pokemon.

Plus still having routes is not a bad thing in my eyes! We can have both. There are times where linear paths from one location to another make sense. Routes to me or less like just roads between locations and more like big, wild areas that have had a section of it developed somewhat for easy travel between locations. If that makes sense? I'm not good at describing things.

I always thought this would happen as the ultimate replacement for HMs. My prediction calls them trainer tools. Some ideas I have involve a large yataghan-style knife for cutting down objects or as a ritual item, a valaska axe for hooking objects from afar or breaking down objects, a large cape that can be used to glide, claws that can be used to climb or to push heavy objects around, a flare gun that can be used to fire illuminating flares either at objects or at the sky, a small harpoon attached to a length of rope than can be used as a grappling hook, platforming stand, or escape rope, and finally a wetsuit for swimming, diving, and ascending or descending waterfalls.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom