• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo Directs Thread

Loved the Pyra/Mythra Smash reveal, they look really fun to play for sure.

The Famicom Detective Club games look neat, might try them out and I'm down for even more VN's on Switch.

Samurai Warriors 5 let's go! Definite day one buy.

Monster Hunter Rise another definite must buy for me, nice to see footage of it here.

No More Heroes III is another exciting reveal, though I might wait on this one for a bit.

Neon White looks interesting and character designs are pretty cool, will certainly keep a look out on this.

Project Triangle Strategy looks so cool, also looks like Octopath Traveler (and at first looks like a sequel?).

Not a fan of Danganronpa personally, but World's End Club actually looks interesting.

Ninja Gaiden Master Collection another hype release to me, though will have to be another wait game for me.

I actually liked LoZ Skyward Sword, so seeing it released as a HD port is fine by me.

Splatoon 3 is also a nice highlight to end the Direct, of course looking forward to this one as well.

Overall I thought the Direct was alright, quite a few games I'm interested in/was anticipating so I'm pretty satisfied with what I saw. Was lowkey kinda hoping there'd be a surprise FE Warriors 2 in it, but with Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity and Persona 5 Strikers already out (and localized for the latter) I figured it wouldn't happen.

I am so f---ing happy. I finally get my most wanted rep from XenoBlade, I get Age of Calamity DLC which I wanted, and Splatoon 3.

I still wanted BOTW2 news but I guess their waiting for E3 time (or whatever happens to replace E3), but damn those Skyward Sword Joy-Cons look real nice.

Really excited for Miitopia coming to Switch, for some reason. That and Splatoon 3 are probably what I'm excited for the most.

I'd probably go for some of the RPGs if I have nothing else to spend my money on. Triangle Strategy is coming out too far from now for me to be excited for it.

Famicom Detective Club looks interesting, but I hope it has some kind of investigation and mystery-solving gameplay like Ace Attorney instead of being a straight-up visual novel.

"Skyward Sword was released ten years ago."
Why am I so old now?!

Triangle Strategy reminds me of Tactics Ogre, so I'll keep an eye on it. I was hoping for a bit of detail on the Age of Calamity DLC but at least it's confirmed.

Overall, I think it was a pretty decent Direct. Nothing very mindblowing like E3 2019, but pretty nice after 531 days with no Direct.

-Glad to see a new Mario Golf, and the new speed golf and story modes look nice.
-Pyra/Mythra was a decent surprise for Smash, though I'm still just hoping for Crash or Cinderace.
-Mario items in Animal Crossing are nice. Those functional warp pipes are pretty cool.
-Seeing No More Heroes 3 get a release date was great. Love how it looks.
-Neon White looks pretty cool tbh.
-Seeing Fall Guys finally coming to the Switch is great.
-Skyward Sword HD is nice, though Aonuma at least confirmed we will hear more about Breath of the Wild this year.
-SPLATOON 3!!!! I knew that tweet was a teaser for Splatoon 3!

I think they will have one more Nintendo Direct Mini before E3 to get the rest of their smaller announcements out of the way so their big event can be just for big announcements.

Probably at E3

View: https://twitter.com/thetruebowser/status/1379817725938130947

Yeah, if this tweet from Doug Bowser is anything to go off of, we're definitely getting an E3 Nintendo Direct.

I don't know what we'll see for new reveals, but in terms of what's already announced here's what I think we're gonna see...

Very Likely: Mario Golf: Super Rush, Shin Megami Tensei V, Smash DLC, No More Heroes 3, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, Splatoon 3
Possible: Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild 2, Bayonetta 3, Pokemon Legends: Arceus
Not Likely: Metroid Prime 4

When it comes to possible games, Aonuma said BoTW2 news will be shared at some point later in the year during February's Direct, so there's a chance it could be here. When it comes to Bayonetta 3, Hideki Kamiya said its safe to expect some kind of news at some point in the year, so maybe E3. As for Pokemon Legends Arceus, who knows. Metroid Prime 4? Yeah, I wouldn't expect anything. Development restarted only 2 years ago, so who knows if we'll even get to see it on the Switch...

Last edited:
Any day starting tomorrow, there will be some sort of Direct or Presents, possibly on the 2nd or the 9th.

Any day starting tomorrow, there will be some sort of Direct or Presents, possibly on the 2nd or the 9th.
I think its gonna be a week later, as a part of E3, which is from the 12th to the 15th. I imagine it'll occur on the 14th or 15th since they don't tend to do Directs on the weekends.

I think its gonna be a week later, as a part of E3, which is from the 12th to the 15th. I imagine it'll occur on the 14th or 15th since they don't tend to do Directs on the weekends.
A Nintendo Direct yes, but a Pokemon Presents is done usually earlier than a Nintendo Direct. On another note, I don't see Nintendo waiting until their turn on E3 to reveal the Switch Pro since they are probably ready to show games that use its functionality at the event instead.

Last edited:
Is E3 in person this year, or is it also gonna be online due to the pandemic?
It's most likely going to be online, but we might see demos of games that they want to show off. First to create even more hype and second, to receive feedback which is a crucial part of game development.

It's possible that they will bring up something about Metroid Prime 4 or just port the Metroid Prime Trilogy collection with a mention of Prime 4 at the end of the trailer.

Based off what happened in the February Direct I'm expecting some BOTW2 news, but not as much as people are hoping for. The Hyrule Warriors DLC may come up too.

I think it's very likely we'll get some info about the DP remakes, but I'm not so sure about Legends.

I can see BDSP being showcased here, though probably only during the Treehouse Live. From what I can remember of past E3 Directs, upcoming Pokemon games never really get mentioned during the presentation itself, but are almost always played on Treehouse afterwards. Legends might be a bit too far off for that though.

As far as what I wanna see announced in this Direct? The same as every year - Mario Kart 9, or a Tomodachi Life port/sequel. ...I can dream, y'know!

Back
Top Bottom