• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo Directs Thread

I can see BDSP being showcased here, though probably only during the Treehouse Live. From what I can remember of past E3 Directs, upcoming Pokemon games never really get mentioned during the presentation itself, but are almost always played on Treehouse afterwards. Legends might be a bit too far off for that though.

As far as what I wanna see announced in this Direct? The same as every year - Mario Kart 9, or a Tomodachi Life port/sequel. ...I can dream, y'know!

I can see BDSP being showcased here, though probably only during the Treehouse Live. From what I can remember of past E3 Directs, upcoming Pokemon games never really get mentioned during the presentation itself, but are almost always played on Treehouse afterwards. Legends might be a bit too far off for that though.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall this trend being broken in 2018 and LGP/E was talked about in the main Direct. I don't know, though. I like to erase any thoughts of those games, you know. :LOL: (just checked and it in fact was shown a little in the main Direct)

Either way, I still wouldn't expect Pokemon news in the main Direct. It still goes against general trends. But you know what else goes against general trends? The release dates for the the D/P remakes and Legends being revealed in the middle of nowhere in a time that's very close to when an average E3 Pokemon Direct would happen. I don't know what they are thinking with that. Perhaps it means nothing and we'll still get a standard Pokemon Direct, but I don't know.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall this trend being broken in 2018 and LGP/E was talked about in the main Direct. I don't know, though. I like to erase any thoughts of those games, you know. :LOL: (just checked and it in fact was shown a little in the main Direct)
dang, that's right, I actually do remember that! I'll be honest, I think I was so swept up in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stuff during E3 2018 (and I already wasn't that enthused by LGPE back then) that it totally slipped my mind LOL.

I double-checked just to be sure, and Sword/Shield was briefly touched on during E3 2019 as well. So my bad, I retract my earlier statement - there is a pretty good chance for BDSP to be featured during the Direct itself, but if it's not, I imagine it'll definitely get some gameplay footage at Treehouse Live afterwards. :)

With that in mind, I feel like Legends could potentially get another short trailer, but I'm still not holding my breath for it or anything.

I mean, it's still entirely possible for a Pokemon Presents before E3 since Pokemon tends to want the spotlight for itself before the event that shows the other franchises on Nintendo systems.

I think my biggest hopes are...
-Breath of The Wild 2 news.
-That Donkey Kong game rumored to be developed by Odyssey's team
-Some Bayonetta 3 news at last after hearing nothing but "Development is going great!"
-Crash Bandicoot or Cinderace in Smash Bros
-Some big Mario reveal, whether its a new Mario Party, Mario Kart, or a 3D Mario
-A big Animal Crossing update..

Seeing a couple would be nice.

Last edited:
Honestly, my hope is that they show the final two characters from the Fighters Pass to give closure of new fighters. But I do hope they start putting more character costumes whether through updates or DLC, regardless of which ones they should have added, we can all agree that there are definitely missed opportunities regarding character costumes.

Honestly, my hope is that they show the final two characters from the Fighters Pass to give closure of new fighters. But I do hope they start putting more character costumes whether through updates or DLC, regardless of which ones they should have added, we can all agree that there are definitely missed opportunities regarding character costumes.
I doubt that they will reveal two characters at once.

Honestly, I'm just not too hyped. At least not for anything new.

The two games I'm looking forward to from Nintendo are BOTW2 and Pokemon Legends: Arceus and I don't see that it's too likely there will be more than that. More details on those two is all of the hype I have, I suppose, but really I just want to play them.

There's part of me that is excited, knowing the games they already have coming up, but then there's part of me that worries.

Like we could have an amazing Direct that gives updates for games like Breath of The Wild 2, Splatoon 3, Bayonetta 3, Pokemon Legends: Arceus, and BDSP, along with getting maybe 2-3 big new exciting first party reveals. Plus, they could give us an exciting new Smash character and something great like a big Animal Crossing update.

Then there's part of me that worries it could have little from the big heavy hitters with no updates on some of their biggest upcoming first party games. Then the rest just being ports of old games, some 3rd party games I'll have no interest in, then the big "One last thing!" being just a remaster. I'd consider that a let down.

Last edited:
To me, I don't want the Direct to be dominated by 3rd party games because there are already Nintendo games that are overdue for more information drop, one of the few exceptions to this is Bayonetta 3 because that game was shown but never given a more thorough look.

To me, I don't want the Direct to be dominated by 3rd party games because there are already Nintendo games that are overdue for more information drop, one of the few exceptions to this is Bayonetta 3 because that game was shown but never given a more thorough look.
Bayonetta 3 is long overdue for an update. Its nearly been 4 years. They gotta have SOMETHING to show off by now. I could understand Metroid Prime 4 not showing up since its only been 2 years since they announced they were restarting development. Games like Splatoon 3, Pokemon BDSP, Legends Arceus, Breath of The Wild 2, No More Heroes 3, and such I'd hope we get updates on.

Bayonetta 3 is long overdue for an update. Its nearly been 4 years. They gotta have SOMETHING to show off by now. I could understand Metroid Prime 4 not showing up since its only been 2 years since they announced they were restarting development. Games like Splatoon 3, Pokemon BDSP, Legends Arceus, Breath of The Wild 2, No More Heroes 3, and such I'd hope we get updates on.

The biggest thing for me wasn't even on the English direct: way out of friggin nowhere, a new Super Robot Wars game was confirmed. Coming out this year.

- Zeta Gundam
- Char's Counterattack
- Getter Robo Armageddon
- Mazinger Z Infinity
- Combattler V
- GaoGaiGar Final
- Code Geass: Resurrection (or the movies, conflicting reports)

Was not expecting Combattler in HD, and the other two are icing on the cake

Next biggest thing was definitely the Advance Wars remake. Also out of left field, good excuse to play it. Third place is Metroid V.

Advance Wars is alive?!

Finally, some BOTW 2 news. I hadn't considered going into the sky , but in retrospect it makes sense.

A bit surprised there was nothing on the DP remakes, though.

Back
Top Bottom