• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN070: Please! Catch Morpeko!!

Just because you play a loving strings arrangement at the end, am I supposed to feel some emotion other than annoyance at the fact that Kojiro is an absolute mug? :rolleyes: This episode might have been enjoyable but for the fundamental flaw in its premise...

20210611_062229.jpg

James caught him!

This was quite a funny episode, Team Rocket trying to get Goh to catch Morpeko and failing, only for James to catch it for himself

Apart from that brief bonding moment when James was trying to get rid of it, it did feel out of the blue.

Wonder if they'll keep it in its ball so save their food

Finally, James caught it with it Team Rocket first ever Galar Pokemon. Hope, Jessie will get hers soon in future. Also as for this episode is good to see James bonding with Morpeko, despite going hungry in rampage. Now, they can settle down quite a little bit without going hungry very much. Goh tries three different times and finally caught Pidgeotto with it silly staring at him at the broken rooftop from the mall after Team Rocket got blast away.

Overall rating: B-

Weird episode, but once again (though will confirm with subs) I like the structure of the episode. Keep it up, PM 2019. That being said, I liked the Lab stuff more than the James/Morpeko content, though that was done probably as decently as it could be for one episode.

After around 70 episodes into the series James finally has a Pokémon on hand.

Morpeko is now officially a member of TRio. Now I'm curious about the path forwards.

It's clear James formed a bond with it. And it will also have impressed the others with its attack against Cinderace and Pikachu. Hopefully Morpeko will now mellow down a little bit.

Not a bad episode. And again a little view inside the Dome, the working of it and the relationships between the Pokémon inside.

Holy crapping crap, James actually caught it. I didn't think it would happen because almost every time there's speculation about something like this happening it turns out to be wrong.

Its Friday?

....Anyway nifty/good for James. Also can't Goh just evolve the Pokemon he already has....
He evolves some, like Scyther and Exeggcute - sometimes he just catches the evolve form... keeps us guessing I suppose.

Will Drowzee evolve or will he catch a Hypno? And so forth for Mankey, Krabby, Bunnelby, etc

Finally, the TRio actually have a Pokémon in Journeys they can call their own now.
Technically Wobbuffet was already this kind of a Pokémon. However I guess there is a reason some people see the team as a quartet instead of a trio. Wobbuffet did outgrow this role (however, he technically still is). When was the last time we saw Wobbuffet's pokéball or him going in or out his ball?

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom