• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN070: Please! Catch Morpeko!!

Despite being fun, there wasn’t really much that changed. Yes, Morpeko acted nicer, but if anything it actually seemed as though it has always acted that way when it’s not hungry. It was basically just the gag going on several times over, with the positives coming from Morpeko’s cuteness and the other Pokemon showing up.

Ok this was a decent episode. The most enjoyable part was morpeko's interactions with Greedents, Raichu, and Drizzile. But that's mainly because thoes three have more personality than the backgrounds extras that make up the majority. Don't deny it, most of Goh's Pokemon lack a personality. Speaking of Goh's background extras, he caught two more. Were they enjoyable catches? Not really. Raticate was clearly trying to run away and and I felt bad for it and Pidgeotto really didn't feel earned. So the normal feeling of a Goh capture. Oh and while I didn't want Morpeko to be caught by anyone, I'm at least happy it got caught by James instead or Goh.

Final rating B-.

Its Friday?

....Anyway nifty/good for James. Also can't Goh just evolve the Pokemon he already has....
Yea, it especially feels weird having Go capture 2 Pokémon that are the evolved forms of Pokémon he already owns so far away from the debut of the pre-evolved form, especially having a running thing of him trying to get one of them. It’s like, dude just train your Pokémon if you want the evolved forms so badly. Would’ve thought we were past that bit of redundancy by now.

He evolves some, like Scyther and Exeggcute - sometimes he just catches the evolve form... keeps us guessing I suppose.

Will Drowzee evolve or will he catch a Hypno? And so forth for Mankey, Krabby, Bunnelby, etc
I really don't understand it. Are Drowzee, Bunnelby, Pidgey, etc. just doomed to never reach their fully mature forms and stay as part of Goh's collection? I would've been fucking depressed by my fate if I was one of Goh's Pokemon.

Okay, Morpeko Development Episode idea, Anipoke writers who definitely use obscure message boards, please take notes:
Morpeko sees a recording of itself in Hangry mode and is disgusted and ashamed with itself, and it runs away because it thinks QuarTRet would be better off without him. James finds him and gets him back and then they start working and training for Morpeko to control it's Hangry form.

Full VA list courtesy of Adamant

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Kenta Miyake: Kairyu
Daisuke Namikawa: Lucario
Kei Shindo: Raichu
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Sayaka Senbongi: Kikuna
Noriaki Kanze: Renji
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

This episode was very cute and I think that while James and Morpeko's bonding moment seems rushed it is the premise for more future development. James will be able to manage Morpeko's anger with his softness and patience and call it back into the pokeball when it is necessary. And maybe I dig too much on the details but I also wonder if the moment when Natu looked at James means also something for a future episode.
I wondered if this pokemon was examining his soul or his past
(who knows?)

Oh and I was going to forget one thing, I really felt fear mixed with frustration when Goh tried to capture Morpeko XD

Last edited:
It was a cute episode. Had some good humor and James catching Morpeko was pretty wholesome. Nice to see Lucario and Drizzile get some spotlight as well.

Also, is no one going to mention how freaking powerful that Morpeko is when Hangry? I mean, that thing managed to send Pikachu and Cinderace flying with an attack. Christ, it even created an explosion!

Last edited:
Yea, it especially feels weird having Go capture 2 Pokémon that are the evolved forms of Pokémon he already owns so far away from the debut of the pre-evolved form, especially having a running thing of him trying to get one of them. It’s like, dude just train your Pokémon if you want the evolved forms so badly. Would’ve thought we were past that bit of redundancy by now.

Gohs laziness is showing.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom