• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's Heartgold Gift, Event, & Trade (G. E. T.) Challenge

Yeah. Whitlney is considered the hardest Gym LEader of Johto. Her Miltank has a Base Stat Total of 490, which is REALLY high for that point in the game.

Last edited:
Log #33-Ecruteak Dance Theater
Kimono Girls.jpg

Flying to Ecruteak to meet with the Kimono Girls (my team is still levels 40-41), I am surprised when who should back out of there but Silver. Silver was easily beaten by the Kimono Girls, and is even notably shaken from the encounter. He is so embarrassed by the loss that he runs away so he "doesn't have to watch me win". Steeling my resolve, I walked slowly into the Dance Theater, where the Kimono Girls beacon me up to the stage. The battle begins!

Zuki
Zuki was first met in Violet City. She was the one to give you the Togepi Egg. She opened with Umbreon, and I opened with Sudowoodo. Sudowoodo fought hard, but eventually fell to Umbreon. Thinking quickly, I changed out to Ampharos, who outsped the Umbreon.

Naoko
Naoko was first met in Ilex Forest. She was the one that needed to be shown how to get out. A klutz with direction. She opened with Espeon, as did I. The two Espeons faced each other down. Luckily, my Espeon had Headbutt, which made hers flinch until it fainted.

Miki
Miki was met when you had to save her from a Team Rocket Grunt. Don't know why I had to, considering she has a Flareon. Espeon continued to fight on my side, while her Flareon battled for her. Flareon was bested by Espeon.

Sayo
Sayo was the last one you meet in the main story, having appeared in the Ice Path. She was trapped on the ice because her sandals were stuck. She opened with Jolteon, who took out both my Espeon and my Ampharos due to the speed boosts. Typhlosion eventually edged out Jolteon.

Kuni
Kuni was met during the Rocket Takeover of the Radio Tower. I don't know why she didn't just join forces with you to take down the Rockets, though I am sure she battled some. I opened with Gyrados against her Vaporeon. You might think that it is a bad match, but I was able to flinch hers to the point it fainted. This was the last battle of the five. For winning the battle, I was given the Clear Bell and was encouraged to join them at the top of the Bell Tower when a Mysterious Pokemon landed. It was speculated to be Ho-Oh.

In the next log, we will climb the Bell Tower and meet with the Legendary Phoenix, Ho-Oh! See you then!

Log #34-Ho-Oh
Bell Tower.png

Now is the time to go up to witness the great Phoenix, the great Creator of the Legendary Beasts, Ho-Oh! It is very challenging to go up the 9 stories to get up to the roof, where hopefully Ho-Oh will appear. The Kimono Girls ran there, they must know how to get there. Lucky them. I had to use a walkthrough video to get me there, as it winds around a lot, and there are many directions you can take. As long as you figure out the "up" ladders, you will be able to get there to meet the bird.

Once I got up to the roof, the Kimono Girls were there indeed. They danced, the Clear Bells chimed, and Ho-Oh came down from the sky.

600px-250Ho-Oh.png

The Legendary Phoenix cried, then I engaged it in battle. Just to see if it would work, I threw a Fast Ball. When that failed (I expected as much!), Ampharos paralyzed Ho-Oh, then managed easily to get the HP down to red. Ho-Oh luckily missed a lot of its Fire Blasts, having resorted to Sacred Fire. Ampharos went down, Gyrados went down, and Sudowoodo went down, and still it wasn't captured. Luckily I had gone into this battle with 22 Ultra Balls, 14 Fast Balls, and I still had the Master Ball (just in case!). 17 Ultra Balls later, over half my team dead, and eventually, Ho-Oh was weak enough to catch.

The Legendary Phoenix was captured, and I bid goodbye to the Kimono Girls. I will take a few days, level up my team, then continue through the journey. I was debating whether or not to put Espeon in the box and take Ho-Oh to the League, but I think I will handle it the other way around.

By the end of my training, my team should be:
Sudowoodo (Level 50)
Ampharos (Level 50)
Typhlosion (Level 50)
Espeon (Level 50)
Gyrados (Level 50)
Togetic (Level 50)

After all of that training (should be a few days), I will go through Routes 27, Tohjo Falls, & Route 26. That will get me to Victory Road and allow me to take my first steps into Kanto. We have almost made it to Kanto Folks!

The Next Logs:
Log #35-First Steps Into Kanto
Log #36-Victory Road
Log #37-Pokemon League: First Round

That's right! Just 3 More and we begin the Kanto part of the Quest! Woohoo! See you for the First Steps Into Kanto in a few days.

Log #35-First Steps In Kanto
Tohjo Falls.jpg

Well, looks like I am doing this one a bit earlier than expected, but turns out my Pokemon (Level 42) are good enough to take my first Kanto steps, so I thought I would train against the many Ace Trainers here. Plus, it seems that the Kanto grasses have stronger Pokemon than even the Johto Safari Zone, so I will take some time, level up now, and then move into the Victory Road the next Log as planned.

First flying to New Bark Town, I Surfed through the water, arriving on Route 27, where I am met by this guy who welcomes me to Kanto. I was a bit hesitant going into the nearby cave past him because I thought I would need Waterfall and Whirlpool before I passed through Tohjo Falls. Turns out I only needed Waterfall, so I decided to go up the waterfall and pass through Tohjo Falls. Leaving the cave, I arrived on Route 26, where a huge bridge and a bunch of Ace Trainers awaited me. Eventually I beat them all, but not without some healing. Lucky for me, there is a healing house close to the end of the route, so I was able to use their services to heal up, then battle some more.

In a few Days, I will manage to reach my Level 50 goal before going into Victory Road, so no worries. See you later!

Log #36-Victory Road
Ok, so I thought about going to Level 50, but if you are playing a Kanto/Johto Game (or have ever played one), you will remember the amount of grinding you have to do to get levels. I did get to Level 43 before going after the Victory Road...

The interesting thing about this Victory Road is that, unlike in Generation I or Generation III, in Generations II and IV, the Victory Road has no trainers AT ALL, meaning that if you are going to train, you will be training against wild Pokemon. The only trainer battle is against Silver. I used a video to help me get through, mainly because there are a lot of rocks that could be pushed, and a lot of holes that can be jumped down, so it can be tricky. Sudowoodo was my Strength user, so it was not too bad. Still, don't want to mess up.

When we were about to leave, Silver came up, intending to beat me. He also claimed to be the reason why there were no trainers in the Victory Road, so whatever lets him feel good about himself. I battled him, and he was an easy fight. His team was between 36 and 40, so if he beat all of the trainers in the Victory Road, what levels were they? Or maybe he just lies. Who knows.

He opened with Sneasel, which Typlosion OHKOed with Flamethrower. He sent out his ace, Feraligatr, which Ampharos beat, though Feraligatr was a little bit faster, firing off a Waterfall. One Discharge and a Thunder Punch later and it died, and with it went any chance of Silver winning the fight. Next came his Golbat, which Espeon OHKOed. Then was Magneton, which I was unsure who to use, settling on Typhlosion. A Flamethrower OHKO. Next came Haunter, which Sudowoodo OHKOed with Faint Attack. I was surprised by this, since Sudowoodo is slow generally, and it went faster even without the held Quick Claw. Finally, Kadabra was his last effort. I switched to Gyrados. Kadabra set up a Reflect and I used a Bite, which almost OHKOed Kadabra. It was left with a sliver. Instead of attacking me, it used Disable, which blocked Bite. I switched to Ice Fang and Kadabra died.

Silver was now defeated, and I could move on. He left muttering about what Lance was attempting to teach him. I passed through the Victory Road, healed up, then saved. I will be training up until Level 50 using the Pokemon in the Victory Road (the levels here are Levels 32-35). I will also be getting Dark Pulse and give it to Gyrados in replacement for Bite. Once my team is actually there, I will have the next post, which will be the Elite Four & Champion.

See you then!

Log #37-Elite Four, First Round
Johto Elite Four.jpg

Here we go! Went in at Level 48, confident that I could have a very effective fight with them. For the most part, it wasn't too bad, but there were some rough patches.

Will
The battle with Will wasn't too bad at all. He opened with his first Xatu, and Ampharos OHKOed it. Then came Jynx, who Typhlosion OHKOed. This made me very confident. When his Slowbro came out, I thought Ampharos would be able to OHKO, but Slowbro was bulky, and it took quite a bit to end the fight. Exeggutor was OHKOed. Then came the second Xatu. It refused to go down, hitting Ampharos with Confuse Ray and Psychic, but eventually Ampharos beat it down. One down, 3 (and a Champion) to Go!

Koga
It is nice to see Koga move up in the world. First he was a Gym Leader, and now he is an Elite Four member. Good for him. I opened with Typhlosion against his Ariados. OHKO. Next came his Forretress, which blocked my Flamethrower with protect, but then got blasted by another Flamethrower. OHKO. Koga switched strategies, sending out his Muk and I switched to Espeon. Espeon was able to Psybeam and Confusion Muk, even though Muk used Minimize to increase evasion. Crobat went down after using Double Team. OHKO. I switched to Typhlosion against Venomoth. It was an easy OHKO. Two Down, 2 (and a Champion) to Go!

Bruno
Bruno was where things started to get tough. He brought out Hitmontop, and I opened with Espeon. Espeon mostly dropped down Hitmontop with Psybeam. Hitmontop changed strategy, Digging down. I switched to Togetic and Togetic brought down Hitmontop. Switching to Gyrados to OHKO Onix, I then switched back to Espeon to take out Hitmonchan and Machamp. Hitmonlee beat down Espeon and Togetic, leaving me with a struggle. Eventually, I used Typhlosion to end that fight. This was starting to make me nervous. Three Down, 1 (and a Champion) to Go!

Karen
Karen was very difficult. She opened with Umbreon and I opened with Ampharos, though I considered using Sudowoodo. Umbreon was very dense and hard to take down. She switched to Gengar and I switched to Sudowoodo. Eventually, I beat it down, but it beat Sudowoodo first. Gengar fell to Gyrados, as did Murkrow. Houndoom was tough, taking down three of my Pokemon, but Typlosion beat Houndoom and Vileplume, winning me the battle. I was a bit exhausted from this fight, and I almost withdrew to continue to train. With some nervousness, I continued forward to the Champion.

Lance_anime.png

Lance (Champion)
I opened with Ampharos against Gyrados, though I was considering a Gyrados vs. Gyrados fight. Gyrados was an OHKO. Then came the first Dragonite, where Gyrados managed to beat it. Then came the second Dragonite, though this one beat down Gyrados. Sudowoodo beat it and the third one, though the Dragonites were tough to beat. Next came Aerodactyl, who was beaten by Sudowoodo. Sudowoodo did a lot in this fight. Finally, Charizard took out a few Pokemon, but Espeon ended that fight, winning me the battle.

I am now the Champion! The Credits rolled, and I am now back in my room. I am going to spend a few days in Johto (namely Cianwood) to get a few Heart Scales and finish my first Blue Card. 30 Blue Card points and I can get Buena's phone number. I might as well, I am at 25 points.

In the next log, we will start the Kanto end of the quest. Woohoo!

Log #38-Sailing On The S. S. Aqua
Woohoo! On to Kanto! Before I went on the S. S. Aqua, I got the National Dex from Professor Oak, then took on the Bug Catching Contest, in an attempt to get a Shiny Stone. Scyther at Full Health is essentially a 100% Win in a Bug Contest. I used Ampharos to paralyze the Scyther, then threw balls until I caught it. Then I crossed my fingers and waited...only to win and get a ... Water Stone. Dang it! I will get it eventually, even if I have to get a box full of Scythers. I also stayed at Cianwood to get a few Heart Scales. I also found some shards and went to the "Shard Guy" in Violet City, getting some berries as a result. I think I know how Whitney got a Lum Berry for her Miltank. Travel to Cianwood, break some rocks, get a ton of Green Shards, and then get a Lum Berry. Who knew?

SS_Aqua_HGSS.png

A bit disappointed, yet excited to see what was coming, I decided to go to the S. S. Aqua. I barely got on board when I ran into a well dressed old man who was looking for his granddaughter. I also ran into a sailor who was looking for his sleeping sailor friend. Not even in Kanto and I already had 2 quests. Luckily, both were on the ship. I found the sailor first, then set off to find the little girl. Make Sure to battle all of the trainers! It is worth it!

Eventually, I found the little girl, who was pestering the Captain. She asked me to play Hide and Seek with her. I eventually found her, and she went back to her grandfather, who was so happy he gave me a Metal Coat. That quest done, I left the S. S. Aqua, arriving at Vermilion City, my first steps in Kanto.

In the next Log, we will explore Vermilion City, then take on Surge. See you shortly!

Log #39-Lt. Surge
Now on land, I wandered through Vermilion City, I checked out the Harbor, the Fan Club, and the Fishing Dude before heading to the Gym. Outside the Gym, there are two ways to get to the front, Cut (through Typhlosion) and Surf (through Gyrados). I used both options. Coming into the Gym, I was told that the trash cans were once shut down, but have since been reinstated. There are 3 trainers here. The first 2 trainers battled me as a Double Battle, then I cleared out the last trainer. BE AWARE THAT IF YOU LEAVE THE GYM AFTER SOLVING THE TRASH CANS, YOU HAVE TO SOLVE IT AGAIN! Do not hesitate to leave and heal up if needed, though. After I opened up the Electric Doors, it was time to take Lt. Surge on!

1357849-heartgold_soulsilver_lt_surge.png

Surge comes at you with 5 Pokemon, creating a challenge, with Pokemon between Levels 47 & 53, the highest Pokemon you will have seen up to this point. The dude loves to use Paralysis, so you will be using items in this fight. Typhlosion beat Raichu with Flamethrower, despite the Double Teams. I switched to Sudowoodo to take out the two Electrodes, then switched to Typhlosion for Magneton and Electabuzz. Most of the Pokemon in this fight use Shock Wave, causing a lot of damage. Eventually, Electabuzz fell to Typhlosion, ending the battle with my victory. My first badge of Kanto!

In the next log, we will head north, since we can't go east due to Snorlax. Heading north, we will get to Saffron City and probably the battle with Sabrina. See you then!

Log #40-Sabrina
Traveling north from Vermilion, we came to Saffron City, the largest city of Kanto. There is a bit to do here that we will get to eventually, but as long as there is no Magnet Train, it kinda defeats the purpose to do all of the quests right now. The only one I am focused on right now is beating Sabrina. There are Warp Panels in this Gym, which I absolutely do not like because of how turned around you can get in there. The trainers were not too tough, but having to deal with the Warp Panels and the Trainers can be a hard challenge. There were only 4 Trainers, in all of the corners. It would have been nice to see more trainers in the Gym, especially considering there were empty Gym Rooms.

Sabrina.jpg

Eventually, I got to Sabrina. She was sitting on a throne, very fitting for the queen of the psychics. She only has 3 Pokemon in this battle, though can still be tricky. Her Espeon opens this fight, and can really put you in a hard time, being a bit tanky. Espeon is a tough customer due to Skill Swap, which caused issues for my Ampharos. Still, it is beatable. Then comes Mr. Mime. Mr. Mime has the ability to set up barriers, allowing for slowing down damage. Eventually, it beat Ampharos, but Typhlosion Flamethrowered it. Then came her Alakazam, which is still speedy, and has a nice moveset. Alakazam beat my Typhlosion, OHKOed Espeon and Sudowoodo, then lost to my Gyrados. This was a tough battle, and she lives up to her reputation as the toughest Gym Leader in Kanto on average.

With Saffron City being open in all four directions, I have two options here.

1. Do the Copycat & Magnet Train Event where Latias becomes unlocked to fly around. Unfortunately, it defeats the point to go to Copycat right now because the Magnet Train is still not working.
2. Lavender Town, Rock Tunnel, & The Power Plant. I think this is my next best course of action, mainly so we can get the power back on and get things moving in Kanto.

In the next log, we will go to Lavender Town, explore Rock Tunnel, and get to the Power Plant, exploring there as well. This trek should boost my levels a bit, since I am still at Level 50, and am going to need some opportunities to raise up. Until then, we will see you!

Log #41-Lavender Town, Rock Tunnel, & The Power Plant
Heading east from Saffron City, I traveled across Route 8, taking on the Biker Federation and several other trainers. The S shaped pattern led me to Lavender Town. In the original Generation I games, this was known as the "Spooky music town", but is now home to the Radio Tower of Kanto. After meeting Mr. Fuji, I turned north going through Rock Tunnel.

Rock Tunnel.jpg

Rock Tunnel is very dark inside. I gave Espeon Flash to get through it. There is a lot of Rock Climbable areas in this cave system. Once I got through Rock Tunnel (make sure to have repels for this), I arrived on northern Route 10. Turning south, I visited the Power Plant, where a cop met with me, telling me about a "shady person" that held a machine part connected to the Power Plant. Without the part, the Radio Tower and all electricity in Kanto is at risk. They asked me to stop the shady man. Why can't they come help me? Anyway, it looks like I have the major quest of Kanto.

In the next log, we will head to Cerulean, then go up through Nugget Bridge, continuing to level up in this time (Log #42). I will also get the Machine Part for the Power Plant. This should get me access to the Radio Tower & the Magnet Train (once I get the ticket from Copycat in exchange for her Pokedoll in Log #43). That will open up the Hunt for Latias (Log #44). Now you know what the next 3 Logs will look like, so I will see you soon!

Why do you want to use Latias? Is it not a legendary and thus a bit op?
I am not going to use Latias. This is like what happened with Entei and Raikou. Catch it, put it in the box. I don't want to have it flying around while I am on the Kanto sde of the quest, so if I catch it early, I don't have to worry about OHKO it. It is a Legendary, and it is actually less OP than Latios.
Let's discuss the stats.

LatiosStatsLatiasStats
HP80HP80
Attack90Attack80
Defense80Defense90
Special Attack130Special Attack110
Special Defense110Special Defense130
Speed110Speed110

Log #42-Nugget & Silence Bridges
Before I get to the main set up of this log, I would like to start with the fact that I went to the Bug Catcher Contest to see if I could get a Shiny Stone. I caught another Scyther and won the contest, only to get a Thunderstone. That was majorly disappointing. I am still working to get a Shiny Stone. More Scythers in the future! Anyway, after I did that (and continued to go to Buena, since I am still working to fulfill my first Blue Card), I went to Cerulean City, immediately heading to Nugget Bridge.
Nugget Bridge.jpg

I expected that the trainers would be on the Bridge, as they were in the Generations 1 & 3 Games. Instead, the Bridge was empty. I traveled across the Bridge, only to find the trainers on Route 25. There were supposed to only be 6 Trainers (they call themselves the "Bridge Challenge"). Instead there were 8 Trainers (6 were part of the challenge, then there was a nerd and then an ace trainer). Once I beat them all, I visited with Bill's Grandfather, who was in his house.

I found a misplaced Team Rocket Grunt, who clearly could not speak English. He did tell me where the Machine Part was, so I rushed to the Cerulean Gym to find it. Once I did at the Gym, then I chased him onto the Nugget Bridge, where I battled him. Once I beat him and got ownership of the part, I went back to the Power Plant, where I gave it up. Then I flew to the Lavender Radio Tower, where I got the Radio Card, allowing me to listen to the Radio in Kanto.

Silence Bridge.jpg

Heading south from Lavender Town, I traveled along Silence Bridge. This Bridge has traditionally featured Snorlax on the Bridge, snoring away. For this game, however, the sleep specialist was missing. This allowed me to clear the entire Bridge, also gaining the last rod of the three. I think I am ready to go hunt down Latias (once I get Block back on my Sudowoodo). Before I do that, I will get the Pokedoll and the Magnet Train Pass from Copycat. The Pokedoll and Magnet Train Exchange from Copycat is the next Log. See you then!

Log #43-Copycat & The Fan Club
I did a few things before I started the Copycat event. First, I took the S. S. Aqua to Olivine City. Once in Johto, I flew to Goldenrod, getting another Password from Buena. I then flew to Blackthorn, replacing Strength with Block. Block will be very helpful against Latias, since I plan to use the same strategy I used for Entei & Raikou on Latias. Pin it down with Block, then lower the HP. If needed, I will paralyze it before trying to catch it. This is likely to be a protracted and drawn out search.

I then flew to Lavender Town, past Silence Bridge, where I battled on Kanto Route 13 and Kanto Route 14. Then I flew to Olivine. I stayed in Goldenrod, getting the last Buena's Password for the 30, receiving her number and a new card. I then took the S. S. Aqua again, though I was slightly hesitant to do so, thinking I should stay in Johto for the Bug Catching Contest, though I decided against it. The S. S. Aqua is a great place to level up.
Copycat.jpg

Upon arriving in Vermilion City, I flew to Saffron, where I looked for the distinctive purple house, where I met Copycat, who was looking for her lost Clefairy Doll. This doll was given to her by Red 3 Years before, and she lost it during a family trip to Vermilion. I traveled down to Vermilion, on the errand to get it back. I found it in the Fan Club. Upon leaving it, I saw Steven Stone, who explained about Latias. Steven is Champion of Hoenn. He said he came to Johto to track down Latias. Before I decided to hunt down Latias, I delivered the Pokedoll to Copycat, who was enthusiastic for my help.

Latias is now out and about! The good thing about Latias is that it tends to go Route by Route. I want to keep Latias in Kanto, because if it gets to Johto, it will be a lot harder to pin down. The next log will feature the hunt for Latias. It spawned near Cinnabar Island, which is an area I have not been to yet. I read a guide that said the best place to hunt it down was Cerulean. Hopefully, it won't take me too long to get it. Hopefully I can get it faster than it took me to get Entei and Raikou, but they were both erratic in their movements, whereas Latias is not. In the next log, we will chronicle the hunt for the Eon bird. See you then!

Log #44-Hunting Latias, Misty, & Suicune
380Latias_XY_anime.png

Well, it appears that my strategy to box it in didn't work. I hunted it through Cerulean, Celadon, and Fuchsia. Strangely, it was faster than even paralyzing with Thunderwave. With no real options, I threw the Master Ball. Latias isn't a bad Pokemon to use the Master Ball on honestly. After catching Latias, I ran into the Cerulean City Gym, ready to take on Misty.

MistyEP.png

Her Gym was not that bad. I found it strange that they allow you to run around the pool. That is a known safety hazard. Anyway, her trainers were not too bad, and were a great preparation for Misty. Misty herself was the first Gym Leader that switched out in response to one of my Pokemon (Golduck for Ampharos). Her team is rather bulky, meaning I had to be start to take her down. My Togetic managed to take down Quagsire. used Espeon to take out her Starmie, which was a bit of a pain. Ampharos beat Lapras, then came Golduck, who was the Pokemon she switched. She stalled me out with Golduck. She used two Full Restores on it, but eventually Golduck fell. I won the 3rd Kanto badge of this quest.

600px-245Suicune.png

After I battled Misty, I traveled back to the Cape. There Suicune was waiting for me, as was Eusine. I lowered Suicune's HP using Signal Beam, which confused it. I then used Thunderwave to Paralyze it and slow its reaction speed. Quite a few Ultra Balls later, I caught Suicune, finally taking the Beasts off the map. Now that I have opened up Celadon & Fuchsia Cities, I now have two Gyms I can take down. In the next log, we will face down Erika and Janine, Gyms 12 & 13 respectively. Until then, we will see you!

Log #45-Erika & Janine
600px-143Snorlax.png

Before I took on the two Gyms, I flew to Vermilion. Heading east, I found Snorlax, which I was able to wake up with the Pokeflute channel. I paralyzed it, then whittled the HP down, eventually catching it in a Heavy Ball, which is seemingly ideal for this purpose. Finally, I moved onto the Celadon Gym.
275-2754243_pokemon-gym-leader-erika-hd-png-download.png

Erika's Gym was very challenging. The puzzle is very tough. You not only have to cut the trees (thanks Typhlosion), but you also have to beat the trainers in the Puzzle. If you don't come in with the right Pokemon, she can be a challenge if she is able to set up the sun. I opened up with Sudowoodo against her Jumpluff, which you might think was a bad move, but actually because of Jumpluff's typing, it was super effective. I switched to Gyrados to Ice Fang both Tangela (which was an OHKO) and her Victreebel, which was harder to take down due to its bulk. Eventually, Gyrados did take it down after taking significant damage. Staying in with Gyrados against Bellossom was surprisingly difficult, as Bellossom is bulky as well. Ice Fang didn't do enough, and unfortunately, it was able to set up the sun, eventually taking out Gyrados. Togetic was able to beat the speed of Solarbeam by the use of Fly, though it did get hit by it once. Togetic bested Bellossom, winning me my 4th Kanto Gym Badge.

Janine.png

Now was the time to take on Janine...if I could only find her. All of her trainers are dressed like her. On top of that, the invisible walls are back in place. These two elements of the puzzle make for a very challenging Gym. I actually stumbled into the real Janine while looking to beat her lookalike trainers. Luckily, I had Sudowoodo prepared to fight her. Sudowoodo took out her Crobat, but fell to her Weezing due to the Explosion. Gyrados was able to take out her two Ariados and Venomoth. At some point during each match, Gyrados was able to freeze each one of her Pokemon. Freezing is a rare status condition, and unfortunately, they were able to thaw out before I was able to take them down. Make sure in this fight, you have the healing items, because she has clearly mastered the Poison ninja arts from her father. She would make Koga proud.

Now with 5 Kanto Gym Badges, I decided to see if I could win the Bug Catching Contest. Another Scyther, another failure. I got a Fire Stone for my efforts. Still trying to get the Shiny Stone. I hope to get it soon. I am also rebattling the Elite 4 and Champion to get levels. I am battling them 1 time for every Kanto Gym I beat. I think I have figured out that my levels (Lv. 56) is more than enough to take them out and train. I hope to get in the low 60's before I move on to the next log. In the next log, we will go through Diglett's Cave & Viridian Forest. See you then!

Log #46-Diglett's Cave & Viridian Forest
After battling the Elite Four 5 times, I now had my team between the levels of 56 and 60, perfect for continuing forward.

Diglett's Cave.jpg

Not much to say for Diglett's Cave. There isn't much here until you get Rock Climb. Professor Oak called me as I left, telling me there was something he wanted to give me when I reached Pallet Town. I won't be there for a bit yet, so he can wait. Good thing Typhlosion can still cut, because there are many trees to have to get through. I got Sacred Ash from Prof. Oak's Aide in Route 2, then I traveled south and opened up Viridian City, then I headed north from Viridian City and entered Viridian Forest.

Viridian Forest.jpg

Viridian Forest is often the first forest that players experience when they do a Kanto playthrough. I used Togetic to sweep through all of the trainers, both here and up to Pewter City, placing my full team around Level 60. As I entered Pewter City, I ran into an old man who gave me the Silver Wing. That is going to be used to summon Lugia at the Whirl Islands, but not right now. In the next Log, we will do some exploring of Pewter City, then face down Brock. See you soon!

You have Lapras and Ampharos. You will be fine.
Did you get a grass type at all in your journey?
I did get a Bellsprout before Violet City, but I traded it out. My team is pretty good.

My Team:
Sudowoodo (Lv. 60)
Ampharos (Lv. 60)
Typhlosion (Lv. 60)
Espeon (Lv. 60)
Gyrados (Lv. 60)
Togetic (Lv. 60)

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom