• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN071: Let's Go! Project Mew!!

If it's weak then so is Pikachu. Remember how both got One shotted by Gagmon Morpeko?
Just means that James is the champion of Alola and Unova now, and I'm okay with that

Can't wait for Ash to beat Leon, which means James is actually the strongest trainer in the world since he's capable of defeating Ash

I already dislike this Tsurugi character.

He gives me Sasuke vibes >_<

Also he reminds me of every Fanfic Edgy Rival OC ever.

Cold, Edgy, Asshole-ish, Owns a Legendary Pokemon, Specializes in Dark Types, Hates the Main character for being Weak, etc

At least Gladion had a valid reason for being the way he was (at least in the games)

This guy just feels like an OC Donut Steel

Well, at first I thought that he'd be like Haizaki from InaEle Ares.....
Both are voiced by Kamiya Hiroshi.

And yeah, I dislike him because he's so edgy/aloof.....
I'm completely tired of that archetype......

Though, I love Gladion (both Game and Anime).

I already dislike this Tsurugi character.

He gives me Sasuke vibes >_<

Also he reminds me of every Fanfic Edgy Rival OC ever.

Cold, Edgy, Asshole-ish, Owns a Legendary Pokemon, Specializes in Dark Types, Hates the Main character for being Weak, etc

At least Gladion had a valid reason for being the way he was (at least in the games)

This guy just feels like an OC Donut Steel
Sounds a lot like Go’s got himself his own Paul now based on most of that description.

Ninetails gave in way too easily
Not in my opinion. Goh convinced it they would be returning it home. And he even did this while approaching Ninetales without any Pokémon, showing that he didn't want to harm it.
Regice showing up and interfering definitely felt random
It'll definitely has some purpose down the line, I'm sure of it. Just need to see the subtitles to know what exactly was said.
Like most episodes focusing on Goh, it did nothing for me.
Why? This episode actually starts building up Goh's goal in a completely new and interesting way.

Not in my opinion. Goh convinced it they would be returning it home. And he even did this while approaching Ninetales without any Pokémon, showing that he didn't want to harm it.

It'll definitely has some purpose down the line, I'm sure of it. Just need to see the subtitles to know what exactly was said.

Why? This episode actually starts building up Goh's goal in a completely new and interesting way.
I don't like him.

So the rival doesn't like Goh.....is it for a reason? Like Ash and Paul didn't have it fully fleshed but we could see their approach differences pretty clearly early on.

I forgot to mention this earlier, but apparently Goh's Trial Mission had a time limit.
I don't like him.
Even when they're giving him positive development?
So the rival doesn't like Goh.....is it for a reason? Like Ash and Paul didn't have it fully fleshed but we could see their approach differences pretty clearly early on.
I need subtitles to be sure, but he at least berates Goh on almost getting himself and Ash killed by the blizzard that Ninetales created.

Ok, so, if people don't like this episode after the subs, fair enough, but I'm here to say...this was fantastic (minus one thing I'll get to). We got just about all the information we wanted from an introduction into Project Mew, we've learned where/when it taking place (kind of) on top of which, we at least know that the Regis are going to...be relevant (to what capacity, we don't know yet). We also I think learned that...we're seeing more Gary, which is always a good thing. People were complaining about Ash not being needed, but he did literally save Gou...before both were saved by Tsurugi, and hey held at bay a Regice while Gou was working his magic on the Alolan Ninetales (which I don't like that they had to specify was from Alola, as that handicaps potential worldbuilding, but the worldbuilding otherwise was fantastic, so I'll let that slide). I get wanting to see more of the Regice battle, but this was a Gou episode, and we're going to see other Regis, so I'm excited.

Satoshi wasn't neeeded at all.

They could've made Tsurugi save Gou instead of having Satoshi's attempt dragging the scene.
It'd be more impactful.

Barring that, it was a good episode.

So.....
Those broken subs were right about the qualification task.....

I thought that they were just making stuff.
Since those subs tend to get most things wrong.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom