• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If You Could Change a Pokémon...

No, the bubble scarf like froakie and frogadier, with the tongue over it.
I think I would've ideally liked to see the bubble scarf idea fully realized, and the long tongue used as a fast semi-controlled weapon, similar to the binding wraps used by Aizawa from My Hero Academia, or like Sheik's chain whip in Smash. The way Greninja's tongue currently is, it looks ok as far as the ninja vibe, but it's really not natural when you start to think about and muscle structure or the salivary properties and such.

I think I would've ideally liked to see the bubble scarf idea fully realized, and the long tongue used as a fast semi-controlled weapon, similar to the binding wraps used by Aizawa from My Hero Academia, or like Sheik's chain whip in Smash. The way Greninja's tongue currently is, it looks ok as far as the ninja vibe, but it's really not natural when you start to think about and muscle structure or the salivary properties and such.
I guess that makes more sense.

I've always felt that Gigalith should've been a bulky special attacker. There are too few rock Pokemon that make use of special attacks, and I thought for sure the glowing crystals that "compress energy" would mean it was better at shooting solar beams or lasers or whatever. But no, it's just another physical rock :/

I've always felt that Gigalith should've been a bulky special attacker. There are too few rock Pokemon that make use of special attacks, and I thought for sure the glowing crystals that "compress energy" would mean it was better at shooting solar beams or lasers or whatever. But no, it's just another physical rock :/
And it even naturally gets Power Gem, the best special Rock move that very few Pokémon have acess to. Besides stuff like Flash Cannon, Earth Power, and Solar Beam (for some reason). It's special movepool is excelent and I see no reason for them making it into a physical attacker.

Male Combee should evolve into something based on the drone (a male bee that exists solely to protect the queen bee). Give it knight features and make it Bug/Fighting.

Male Combee should evolve into something based on the drone (a male bee that exists solely to protect the queen bee)
Drones only exist to mate with the queen, they don't do any sort of protecting (they lack stingers) as that's left to the female workers. That being said, I do agree that male Combee should have some sort of evolution as there's really no reason to not have one, unlike with Salandit.

Drones only exist to mate with the queen, they don't do any sort of protecting (they lack stingers) as that's left to the female workers. That being said, I do agree that male Combee should have some sort of evolution as there's really no reason to not have one, unlike with Salandit.

Uh, what? If anything Combee not having an evolution makes more sense than Salandit. Male Combee mirrors how male drones just exist for mating and don't really grow or fight, last time I checked there aren't any salamanders that are like that.

Uh, what? If anything Combee not having an evolution makes more sense than Salandit. Male Combee mirrors how male drones just exist for mating and don't really grow or fight, last time I checked there aren't any salamanders that are like that.
I was thinking that since drones start as larva and do grow into adults Combee could also evolve, though maybe not into a faithful rendition of a drone bee. Salazzle is possibly based in part on a lizard (sub)species that are only female and reproduce via paragenesis; I think having a male evolution for Salandit would render that inspirational link moot, hence why in my opinion I don’t think it’d make sense for males to be able to evolve.

Drones only exist to mate with the queen, they don't do any sort of protecting (they lack stingers) as that's left to the female workers.
That's what i get from not doing research and going off of wrong information that was told to me ages ago lol. I still want bee knight Combee evolution though.

I completely forgot male Salandit doesn't evolve. Maybe it could also get its own evolution, maybe based on a komodo dragon or something.

Aren't you confusing Pincurchin with Toxtricity? Because I don't see anything punk on Pincurchin.

EDIT: And Toxtricity is already Electric/Poison
I think what they mean is that Pincurchin would've been a better choice for the first Electric/Poison than Toxtricity. I don't necessarilly agree; I think a punck rocker newt being having such a unique type combo is great, but to each their own.

I think what they mean is that Pincurchin would've been a better choice for the first Electric/Poison than Toxtricity. I don't necessarilly agree; I think a punck rocker newt being having such a unique type combo is great, but to each their own.
I'm not saying Toxtricity is bad, I like it! I'm just saying that I feel like Pincurchin could also have been electric/poison, because sea urchins have poison in their spines that can sting/paralyze, and I feel like a scientific basis is stronger reasoning than a conceptual one. Toxtricity could've been electric/dark and the concept would've still been the same.

I'm not saying Toxtricity is bad, I like it! I'm just saying that I feel like Pincurchin could also have been electric/poison, because sea urchins have poison in their spines that can sting/paralyze, and I feel like a scientific basis is stronger reasoning than a conceptual one. Toxtricity could've been electric/dark and the concept would've still been the same.
Ah okay. I misread your post, then. My bad.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom