• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl / Legends: Arceus anime speculation thread

20210725_152518.jpg
My satisfaction is immeasurable and my day is saved.

Last edited:
If Dawn returns again in subsequent episodes, she will have a rematch to Zoey in Pokémon Contest towards the end.

Some days that Dawn is going to have a rematch with Zoey at Grand Fertival and Dawn win the victory like Ash wins the Alola League.

You doesn't it remind of anything about Ash won in the Alola League. that we saw earlier in the series: Sun and Moon?
What I meant was that Ash becoming a Champion wasn't him achieving his goal, so it was fine for him to win a League. Meanwhile, Dawn's goal is to win a Grand Festival, so I don't see her achieving that.

What I meant was that Ash becoming a Champion wasn't him achieving his goal, so it was fine for him to win a League. Meanwhile, Dawn's goal is to win a Grand Festival, so I don't see her achieving that.
The problem with this type of reasoning is: Ash has tangible achievements that work towards his goal: like the league and PWC. Iris has tangible achievements she can get before she gets to her goal, like becoming champion. But for Dawn, there’s literally nothing like that: it’s either keep participating in contests or become a top-coordinator. That makes it look like she’s stagnating and not actually achieving anything. She just goes regular contests without moving up the scale in any way. That’s why I think it’s not correct to view Ash, Iris and Dawn's progressions the same way and apply Ash's and Iris' tendency to not reach their goals to Dawn.

By definition Ash and Iris have loosely defined goals that can contain an infinite amount of progression markers and achievements to show that while the character hasn’t flat out obtained their goal, they’re moving up the ranks and are closer to achieving it. It’s impossible for Dawn in the scenario you’re showing. It’s almost turning out to be as bad as Ash losing 6 leagues in a row, but they never, ever acknowledge it together- with Dawn all of her attempts get acknowledged and that doesn’t really work out in her favour. How has she moved to a "higher level" now?

The problem with this type of reasoning is: Ash has tangible achievements that work towards his goal: like the league and PWC. Iris has tangible achievements she can get before she gets to her goal, like becoming champion. But for Dawn, there’s literally nothing like that: it’s either keep participating in contests or become a top-coordinator. That makes it look like she’s stagnating and not actually achieving anything. She just goes regular contests without moving up the scale in any way. That’s why I think it’s not correct to view Ash, Iris and Dawn's progressions the same way and apply Ash's and Iris' tendency to not reach their goals to Dawn.

By definition Ash and Iris have loosely defined goals that can contain an infinite amount of progression markers and achievements to show that while the character hasn’t flat out obtained their goal, they’re moving up the ranks and are closer to achieving it. It’s impossible for Dawn in the scenario you’re showing. It’s almost turning out to be as bad as Ash losing 6 leagues in a row, but they never, ever acknowledge it together- with Dawn all of her attempts get acknowledged and that doesn’t really work out in her favour. How has she moved to a "higher level" now?
Actually, Dawn has a tangible goal: to become a Top Coordinator. Iris, meanwhile, has a rather intangible goal: to be a Dragon Master. Her goal wasn't to become Champion, even she herself said so.

Actually, Dawn has a tangible goal: to become a Top Coordinator. Iris, meanwhile, has a rather intangible goal: to be a Dragon Master. Her goal wasn't to become Champion, even she herself said so.
I believe that Dawn is going to have a rematch with Zoey at Grand Fertival.

My point is that in itself. Honest question; did you read my post because I flat out mention it with context to Ash.

Having an intangible goal > a thousand achievements can be added and we get a sense of progression.
Meanwhile Dawn has a tangible goal, that is the “next step” for her. She either remains stagnant and keeps doing contests without winning anything or achieves her goal.

That is why applying “No main character can achieve their goals” to Dawn is detrimental. She’s felt like the companion that has had the least progression apart from the SM gang.

I’ll copy paste my previous comment since I don’t feel like re-typing it again:

New part: she hasn’t. We didn’t see Dawn progress here at all. In fact, what she’s doing now is almost equivalent to Ash repeating the Kanto gym quest after the Kalos loss

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom