• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Old Characters in Pocket Monster 2019

Which ones?

• Misty

• Brock

• Tracey

• Gary

• May & Max

• Dawn

• Paul

• Iris

• Cilan

• Trip

• Clemont & Bonnie

• Serena

• Sawyer

• Mallow

• Lana

• Lillie

• Sophocles

• Kiawe

• Hau

• Someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.
No, I would think her as Koharu's quirky new friend. And I doubt that most young viewers use twitter. If they just want to push Pochama plushies they could just just give to Gou or Koharu one.
I thought they would and am glad they didn't, but they're selling plenty of Piplup merchandise regardless. Maybe they've reached the tipping point where a two-parter is enough.

Remember kids, Pochama is real and is always watching you.

I think they focused on Piplup and Eevee about as much as they did on the girls, but it's the big Pochama plush that caught my eye. It was even shown on the screen during the ending, which was a little too obvious.

Now the official Twitter account uses Piplup and Eevee as the mascots. Imagine you were a young viewer who never watched DP. Wouldn't you think of Dawn as the quirky Piplup girl?
A few days ago, I watched a video about the 20th Pokémon movie. According to the video, Lucario and Piplup were chosen as the Pokémon of Sorrel and Verity, respectively, because they are, among those that played significant roles in Pokémon movies, two of the most beloved pokemons by the public.

Considering that the Pokémon that represented sinnoh's water initial was Dawn's Piplup, I found this quite baffling. But, anyway, people are entitled to enjoy whatever they prefer.

Now the official Twitter account uses Piplup and Eevee as the mascots. Imagine you were a young viewer who never watched DP. Wouldn't you think of Dawn as the quirky Piplup girl?
Not any more than Ash is seen as the hyperactive Pikachu boy or Koharu is seen as a regional variant of the Eevee-Carrier-Female-Character.

Not any more than Ash is seen as the hyperactive Pikachu boy or Koharu is seen as a regional variant of the Eevee-Carrier-Female-Character.
Chloe was better fleshed out than Dawn in this episode alone. I don't know how many kids care for her story, but Eevee is merely emblematic of it.

You haven't been keeping up with the Episode titles. We already knew Volkner is coming due to an upcoming episode.
Yeah, but an actual picture does more for me than a title and a silhouette that may or may not come to fruition.

Last edited:
Brock and then Lillie second so we can see her story finish... I want to see Magearna wake up and for her to meet her dad.

While I know it WON'T happen, I'd like to see N in his new outfit...

Also, starting to feel envious that we're getting a SECOND big villain team-up in the games but it'll NEVER happen in the Show... :cry:

Maybe they should have waited a while with Dawn's/Hikari's return so she could have worn one of the new outfits from the remakes. Not a fan of her return episodes. When I think about Hikari I think about contests, her struggles, character development and her friendship with Satoshi. Not Darkrai? She didn't feel like a mentor who was going to inspire the new generation. Koharu was much more mature than her and almost felt like a babysitter tbh.

I wish Paul/Shinji had showed up instead of Gary/Shigeru. The Infernape episode would have been better. Maybe they could even have done a comparison between Gou and Shinji. While he doesn't mistreat his Pokémon, he kind of treats them as something to collect rather than befriend.

If Lusamine was more like her game counterpart it could have been interesting to see her interact with Gou as well. How would Gou react to the room with the frozen Pokémon? After all this scene is supposed to make you question the idea of treating your Pokémon like items to collect and admire. But maybe that is a little too dark for the anime. Imagine an episode with Gou, Lusamine, N and Shinji arguing in the room with the frozen Pokémon lol.

Could have been interesting to see Gou interact with Mohn as well. They are kind of similar??? Maybe do something with the job thing from the SwSh games too.

Lillie also needs a return episode. Her story is very open-ended?

I also want to see Serena return. Unfair that the other girls got return episodes (even Iris, better late than never). I hope we won't have to wait years like we did with Iris. Especially since Bonnie and Clemont didn't get anything (unlike Dent/Cilan).

Maybe they should have waited a while with Dawn's/Hikari's return so she could have worn one of the new outfits from the remakes. Not a fan of her return episodes. When I think about Hikari I think about contests, her struggles, character development and her friendship with Satoshi. Not Darkrai? She didn't feel like a mentor who was going to inspire the new generation. Koharu was much more mature than her and almost felt like a babysitter tbh.

I agree and disagree. Maybe they should have waited a while with Dawn's/Hikari's return, I am not a great fan of her return episodes either, but they were still nice.

I don't think that Koharu was exactly more mature, but much more rigid and logical in her attitudes, not allowing herself to uncompromisingly enjoy the world around. While Dawn did not act as a mentor, she certainly inspired Koharu through her performance and presentation of the Pokémon Contests, as well as telling her own life story and aspirations.

At the end of the episode, the impression is that Koharu learned relevant lessons from his interaction with Dawn and Darkrai/Cresselia, especially regarding friendship, companionship and chasing her own dreams.

However, Hikari's behavior seemed a bit weird to me. She seemed to act more like our ever-cheerful and silly Ash boy than her old self. Despite that, the fraternization between both characters, Dawn and Ash, was, in short, frustrating.

I wish Paul/Shinji had showed up instead of Gary/Shigeru. The Infernape episode would have been better. Maybe they could even have done a comparison between Gou and Shinji. While he doesn't mistreat his Pokémon, he kind of treats them as something to collect rather than befriend.

I don't think that Goh metting Paul would be more meaningful than meeting Gary. The anime wanted a mentor/rival for Goh who wasn't just someone focused on Pokémon battles, but who had interests more oriented towards a Pokémon researches.

In that sense, I don't think of anyone better than Gary. Who is known to be a great trainer and a research assistant to Professor Rowan, conducting researches on rare and legendary Pokémons. As a bonus, Gary is still remembered for the large amount of Pokémons he tends to capture, at least when compared to Ash.

Finally, given the location they meet, Gary's appearance is just more logical than Paul's. And well, it was a much more Goh episode than a Infernape one.

Last edited:

I'll be even money she'll come back for the Sinnoh arc.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom