• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

So who else will get a new regional evolution?

Here's Bulbapedia's 1 and only...

(But take out the legendary and mythicals.).

(And also take out the ones with mega evolutions, most likely.).

So looks like some good candidates are...

Girafarig
Qwilfish
Delibird
Carnivine and Maractus
Cryogonal esp. since it got a stat boost

I wouldn't say Torkoal since what other typing with Fire could it be...

Edit: forgot about the pre-evolutions.

So there's also Sudowoodo and Chimecho.

Girafarig
Qwilfish
Delibird
Carnivine and Maractus

Honestly, we can't rule anyone out anymore, even the legendaries.

Alolan and Galarian Meowth proved that they're willing to create new regional variants for pokemon that already received one.
Perrserker proved that they're willing to replace an evolution entirely.
Obstagoon proved that they'll give a two stage line a regional third stage evolution.
Galarian Slowbro proved that they'll create regional variants for pokemon that already received a mega evolution.
The Galarian legendary bird trio proved that they'll create regional variants for legendaries.
And the Cosmog and Meltan lines already shattered the old standard of legendaries and mythicals not being able to evolve.

So really, anyone could receive a new form or evolution now.

Even Wyrdeer proves they're not shy about touching pokemon that appear in Sinnoh somewhat naturally... though they've yet to do anything that isn't a special encounter so far so the closest we might be able to rule out is anything that's plentiful in modern Sinnoh, and even that might not be such a safe bet.

Last edited:

Alolan and Galarian Meowth proved that they're willing to create new regional variants for pokemon that already received one.
Obstagoon proved that they'll give a two stage line a regional third stage evolution.
Galarian Slowbro proved that they'll create regional variants for pokemon that already received a mega evolution.
The Galarian legendary bird trio proved that they'll create regional variants for legendaries.
And the Cosmog and Meltan lines already shattered the old standard of legendaries and mythicals not being able to evolve.

Even Wyrdeer proves they're not shy about touching pokemon that appear in Sinnoh somewhat naturally... though they've yet to do anything that isn't a special encounter so far so the closest we might be able to rule out is anything that's plentiful in modern Sinnoh, and even that might not be such a safe bet.
No I said regional evolution not regional variant, and by looking at just Legends Arceus examples, they were pokemon with no evolutions given a regional evolution.

No I said regional evolution not regional variant, and by looking at just Legends Arceus examples, they were pokemon with no evolutions given a regional evolution.

And I'm saying that we can't rule out anything because they have proven time and again that there are no restrictions on what pokemon may get new forms or evos- we can't even rule any three stage line out because they could just replace one or more members.

The most THOROUGH explanation I've seen. haha Yeah anything is possible... literally anything. I suppose the ONLY thing that has not happened yet is a regional evolution for a Pokémon that is not s regional variant, but most people seem to think we will see that with Basculin and Stantler. If you look at the wording on the official site:

"In the Hisui region, Stantler can evolve into Wyrdeer."
"Basculin in the Hisui region can evolve into this Pokémon."
"When Rufflet in the Hisui region evolve..."
"This is Growlithe as it appears in the Hisui region."

My interpretation of the above is that everything will get regional variants, but I suppose it is vague. haha

Girafarig
Qwilfish
Delibird
Carnivine and Maractus

Dunsparce and Quilfish are my top picks. Jynx too because I always found it strange that Electabuzz and Magmar got evolutions in Gen 4 but she didn’t.

Thinking now, there was a sound file in the Pokémon HOME update for the SwSh DLC compatibility that sounded like a regional evolution for Jynx. Like... it was a slowed down version of Jynx's cry that matched what they did to create other regional evolution cries or something. But then obviously only the Slowbro line and the Kanto birds got anything in those.

What if they decided to save it for Hisui because they decided it made more sense here?

And I'm saying that we can't rule out anything because they have proven time and again that there are no restrictions on what pokemon may get new forms or evos
Yes, or. But I'm saying AND. A regional variant AND a evolution. Not or.

Do people love to debate with me, but have to just my argument a little bit?

And for the 2nd time, I was only looking at patterns at Legends Arceus, I'm not looking at whether Enteri/Raikou/Suicune will get a regional variant AND a evolution, even though they fit your criteria from prior generations.

Yes, or. But I'm saying AND. A regional variant AND a evolution. Not or.

Do people love to debate with me, but have to just my argument a little bit?

And for the 2nd time, I was only looking at patterns at Legends Arceus, I'm not looking at whether Enteri/Raikou/Suicune will get a regional variant AND a evolution, even though they fit your criteria from prior generations.
You still can't rule anything out on that? We could get another regional slowbro with a new third stage evolution- GameFreak doesn't care if it's a second stage pokemon that has a regional variant and a mega evolution already.

And we only have two new evos and two regional variants revealed, how are you already assuming that there's a pattern there?

I don't think we will be able to catch legendaries and mythicals in this game since we'll be using primitive Poke Balls and such.

You still can't rule anything out on that? We could get another regional slowbro with a new third stage evolution- GameFreak doesn't care if it's a second stage pokemon that has a regional variant and a mega evolution already.

And we only have two new evos and two regional variants revealed, how are you already assuming that there's a pattern there?
I'm looking only at the pattern for Legends Arceus. I'm not looking at assuming patterns from previous games.

I don't think we will be able to catch legendaries and mythicals in this game since we'll be using primitive Poke Balls and such.
For that matter, the modern balls don't appear to be any better in terms of catching compared to the ones we see in Legends (so far), the only difference being that the materials used by modern balls are more available.

I'm looking only at the pattern for Legends Arceus. I'm not looking at assuming patterns from previous games.

But it doesn't make any sense to exclude previous games when considering what pokemon they may evolve. For one, two evolutions do not make a pattern. Second, Legends Arceus is not in any way isolated from their past decisions- why would they make this game and suddenly decide to limit themselves to only evolving single-stage non-legendaries without mega evolutions? There is absolutely no reason to believe that they would do that. You have to look at their past decisions to get a full picture of what their limits are and the fact is that there are no limits.

But it doesn't make any sense to exclude previous games when considering what pokemon they may evolve. For one, two evolutions do not make a pattern. Second, Legends Arceus is not in any way isolated from their past decisions- why would they make this game and suddenly decide to limit themselves to only evolving single-stage non-legendaries without mega evolutions? There is absolutely no reason to believe that they would do that. You have to look at their past decisions to get a full picture of what their limits are and the fact is that there are no limits.
Adding on to this, if there's anything we know about Game Freak, it's that they A: have no patterns, and B: intentionally break any perceived patterns.

For that matter, the modern balls don't appear to be any better in terms of catching compared to the ones we see in Legends (so far), the only difference being that the materials used by modern balls are more available.
It could be possible due to the technology not being advanced enough to contain such tremendous power yet. And well, I think that containing a being who can control the very fabric of reality counts for that kind of tremendous power.

I'm sure we'll probably be able to catch them to add to our pokedex. Primitive pokeballs are pretty much just like the balls Kurt made for us out of apricorns in Gen 2, and all it would really take is for a legendary or mythical to be willing to be captured for it to stay in there.

But it doesn't make any sense to exclude previous games when considering what pokemon they may evolve.
Right, we leave those as surprises. This is the pessimist approach, not the optimist approach. If you're a doctor, you tell them the bad news is more likely to happen than the good news. So same fallacy for the below: better safe than sorry method.

For one, two evolutions do not make a pattern. Second, Legends Arceus is not in any way isolated from their past decisions- why would they make this game and suddenly decide to limit themselves to only evolving single-stage non-legendaries without mega evolutions? There is absolutely no reason to believe that they would do that. You have to look at their past decisions to get a full picture of what their limits are and the fact is that there are no limits.

It could be possible due to the technology not being advanced enough to contain such tremendous power yet. And well, I think that containing a being who can control the very fabric of reality counts for that kind of tremendous power.
Why wouldn't it apply to modern pokeballs too? After all, part of the catching process is weakening the Pokèmon and then hope they don't break free. I think when you catch a legendary they just go "eh screw it, I'm sticking with this one for a bit."

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom