• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

It could be possible due to the technology not being advanced enough to contain such tremendous power yet. And well, I think that containing a being who can control the very fabric of reality counts for that kind of tremendous power.
Why wouldn't it apply to modern pokeballs too? After all, part of the catching process is weakening the Pokèmon and then hope they don't break free. I think when you catch a legendary they just go "eh screw it, I'm sticking with this one for a bit."

Right, we leave those as surprises. This is the pessimist approach, not the optimist approach. If you're a doctor, you tell them the bad news is more likely to happen than the good news. So same fallacy for the below: better safe than sorry method.

??? What doctors do you see? XD
If you're a doctor, you're supposed to tell them just what literally is more likely to happen whether it's good or bad, and then inform them of any other possible outcomes. It's a realistic approach, which is what applies here- realistically anything can happen, and that's not even a good or bad thing.

??? What doctors do you see? XD
If you're a doctor, you're supposed to tell them just what literally is more likely to happen whether it's good or bad, and then inform them of any other possible outcomes. It's a realistic approach, which is what applies here- realistically anything can happen, and that's not even a good or bad thing.
Nope, you tell them cavities are more likely to happen than not happen.

Nope, you tell them cavities are more likely to happen than not happen.
That's a dentist and only if you don't brush your teeth because that is literally true. They're not fear-mongering pessimists, they are just informing you of the literally most likely scenario.

That's a dentist and only if you don't brush your teeth because that is literally true. They're not fear-mongering pessimists, they are just informing you of the literally most likely scenario.
Yes, but sometimes scenarios are 50% each, or not precise enough to determine if it's say 51% or 49%, so you go with pessimist thinking.

Yes, but sometimes scenarios are 50% each, or not precise enough to determine if it's say 51% or 49%, so you go with pessimist thinking.
No???

And in any case, that has nothing to do with this scenario at all? There is no worst case scenario to which pokemon gain evos, there is simply the fact that anything is possible.

Last edited:
No reason to be conservative, though.
Of course there is. The better safe than sorry philosophy is everything. If a person is giving me signals they're mad, I should assume they're mad, then look for contradicting signals.
Two pokemon isn't indicative of anything.
2 regional evolutions of pokemon with no evolution family. To me that is indicative that there could be other regional evolutions of pokemon with no evolution family, but I'm not going to expand that to patterns of legendary pokemon that will have regional evolutions.

Of course there is. The better safe than sorry philosophy is everything. If a person is giving me signals they're mad, I should assume they're mad, then look for contradicting signals.

2 regional evolutions of pokemon with no evolution family. To me that is indicative that there could be other regional evolutions of pokemon with no evolution family, but I'm not going to expand that to patterns of legendary pokemon that will have regional evolutions.

Two isn't a pattern, it's a coincidence. And yes, there certainly could be more because again- we can't rule anything out. And there's nothing negative about that? I don't know why you seem to think that accepting the high probability that anything could get a new evo is a bad thing.

So who else will get a new regional evolution?

Here's Bulbapedia's 1 and only...

(But take out the legendary and mythicals.).

(And also take out the ones with mega evolutions, most likely.).
I won't be surprised even if a Pokémon with two regional variants and a gigantamax form gets a Hisuian form.
Rule out all the Rules.

I noticed Kamado's outfit has a Golduck on it. It's a shame Psyduck is already in the Sinnoh Dex, so a Hisuian form was likely never an option.

Golduck is said to be mistaken for kappa, so maybe it could've looked like one. Maybe that'd be too similar to Ludicolo.

Psyduck is already in the Sinnoh Dex, so a Hisuian form was likely never an option.
It could be present in a different form in Hisui, and change over time to its current form- effectively getting a regional variant while staying in the Sinnoh dex in its current form.

I noticed Kamado's outfit has a Golduck on it. It's a shame Psyduck is already in the Sinnoh Dex, so a Hisuian form was likely never an option.

Golduck is said to be mistaken for kappa, so maybe it could've looked like one. Maybe that'd be too similar to Ludicolo.
For what it's worth, the website refers to the Galaxy Expedition as people hailing from outside of Sinnoh so it may well be that Kamado's outfit similarly does not reflect Hisuian living Psyduck. :unsure:

Two isn't a pattern, it's a coincidence.
Why must what GameFreak shows, must be a coincidence?

And yes, there certainly could be more because again- we can't rule anything out.
I'm going based on the pattern we know.

I won't be surprised even if a Pokémon with two regional variants and a gigantamax form gets a Hisuian form.
Rule out all the Rules.
You want to give out answers to non-questions? Then I'll annoy you by telling lots of things companies do, surprise me. Lots of things GameFreak has done to Pokemon, surprise me. Lots of corporate decisions say from Microsoft, the government, etc., surprise me. And no 1 has asked me this question yet - but I'm not expecting to me unsurprised for the game. What would surprise me, for example, is if they break the Eviolite conundrum.

Last edited:
It could be present in a different form in Hisui, and change over time to its current form- effectively getting a regional variant while staying in the Sinnoh dex in its current form.
For what it's worth, the website refers to the Galaxy Expedition as people hailing from outside of Sinnoh so it may well be that Kamado's outfit similarly does not reflect Hisuian living Psyduck. :unsure:
We see some Golduck in the trailer.

Why must what GameFreak shows, must be a coincidence?

I'm going based on the pattern we know.

You want to give out answers to non-questions? Then I'll annoy you by telling lots of things companies do, surprise me. Lots of things GameFreak has done to Pokemon, surprise me. Lots of corporate decisions say from Microsoft, the government, etc., surprise me. And no 1 has asked me this question yet - but I'm not expecting to me unsurprised for the game. What would surprise me, for example, is if they break the Eviolite conundrum.

Because literally two things do not establish a pattern. If you pulled two M&Ms out of a bag and they both happened to be red, you wouldn't assume that every M&M in the bag is red. That would be improbable.

If by 'eviolite conundrum' you mean that assumption we had that pokemon wouldn't be given new evolutions due to having to preserve which pokemon eviolite works on- it's probably not that big of an issue. Simple solution: whether eviolite works on a pokemon or not depends on the game it's in. Much like how what form Pikachu evolves into depends on whether or not it's in the Alola region. They can just decide that whether a pokemon has the potential to evolve depends on its environment and then bam, eviolite functions exactly as it's supposed to. If it's not a pokemon known to be super good with eviolite anyway, it's not like most people would even notice.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom