• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

Oh, you can think whatever you want. But size differences have been explicitly advertised considering the pokedex mentions them and the trailers show them. If this is not the case, then they shouldn't have put them in the trailer, considering that's the way you advertise things, you know. ;)
I don't think an image of a Pokedex page that shows a size range (which some past games have already included), combined with different countries' trailers having different sized models (that are not designed to be shown to audiences outside that country, and were created using different builds) counts as advertising size differences. That's how someone sets themselves up for disappointment. Like... this is WAY more low key than when the director of SwSh said there was a minor league that included the other 10 gym types, causing everyone to think there were 18 gyms in SwSh.

I'd love for there to be visual size differences, and there very well may be, but what we've been shown so far is not proof of that.

I don't think so. They've used the same models for amost 10 years, right now they should know how big pokemon are compared to other pokemon before programming them in the game, don't you think? And, btw, some Pokemon change size significally in different builds and we are 5 months away from release. Are they really still programming the pokemon sizes instead of working on those textures?
Pokemon have clearly different sizes imo and the fact that different trailers show it and the pokedex itself mentions it for me it is enough to believe it.

Considering most of those ten years have been spent having tiny wailords the same size as vileplumes? And that the people working on I assume you mean the background textures probably aren't the same people working on adjusting pokemon sizes? Yeah, I definitely think that they might still be tweaking the sizes.

Considering most of those ten years have been spent having tiny wailords the same size as vileplumes? And that the people working on I assume you mean the background textures probably aren't the same people working on adjusting pokemon sizes? Yeah, I definitely think that they might still be tweaking the sizes.
No, what I mean is that if they are still working on pokemon size, then they really need to delay the game, considering at this point the game should be pretty much finished and It may need to be polished at best. If they have to adjust sizes for 300 pokemon yet I guess we should be concerned.
P.s. You clearly haven't opened the pokedex in the past gens, cause It lets you see all pokemon 3d models compared by size. So yes, they have already worked on pokemon size in the past.

No, what I mean is that if they are still working on pokemon size, then they really need to delay the game, considering at this point the game should be pretty much finished and It may need to be polished at best. If they have to adjust sizes for 300 pokemon yet I guess we should be concerned.
P.s. You clearly haven't opened the pokedex in the past gens, cause It lets you see all pokemon 3d models compared by size. So yes, they have already worked on pokemon size in the past.

Adjusting model sizes isn't that big a deal. The changes haven't even been that drastic and we don't know the dates for the builds the footage was taken from. They may have been done months ago.

Last game I played was Sun, which I can't remember if it showed any size differences in that game, but there's a difference between showing literal sizes in the pokedex and having them in the overworld where they're still probably going to make them appear more manageable rather than accurate.

My point being that they generally have not presented pokemon in comparative sizes in regular gameplay for the past ten years. LGPE was the first time we got to see an Onix actually appear big.

Yes they do. And hey, the Pokédex could just be listing the average size of the species.
Average isn't detailed.

Wasn't that misinformation?
It turned out to be in-game lore. I never thought much of it. The Galar League borrowed a fair bit from the anime, including this detail. Klara and Avery at least corroborated it.

Last edited:
My point is that the Sinnoh Pokedex just having the average weight and height doesn't make sense given what we know about the Hisui Pokedex. Where did the more detailed information go?
Modern Pokédex and Hisui Pokédex are very different. The modern Dex simply lists the average size and weight instead of the maximum and minimum values.

I'm sort of confused as to why you don't get to fly on Braviary's back in the game. I do hope you use your own Pokemon for riding, for sure.

I'm sort of confused as to why you don't get to fly on Braviary's back in the game. I do hope you use your own Pokemon for riding, for sure.
If I had to guess, the Ride Pokémon come as part of the Survey Corp and might be summoned with something like a whistle.

If I had to guess, the Ride Pokémon come as part of the Survey Corp and might be summoned with something like a whistle.
That's better. Using your own pokemon would be better, but considering there will be plenty of actions to do in the overworld and considering that most likely we won't be able to access the box whenever we want, we would be forced to bring the pokemon we need rather than those we want to. Which basically would bring the HM salve concept again.

That's better. Using your own pokemon would be better, but considering there will be plenty of actions to do in the overworld and considering that most likely we won't be able to access the box whenever we want, we would be forced to bring the pokemon we need rather than those we want to. Which basically would bring the HM salve concept again.
I think there’s also the fact that the humans in the Hisui settlement are a little afraid of Pokémon in this era, so the concept of taking your own Pokémon and performing tasks for you likely hasn’t been a common thought among the people.

Personally, I'd love it if the method to unlock Ride Pokemon is by catching them. We'd have to dex them anyway (from what we've been told so far), so it's like killing two birds with one stone. And I think that it could give more sense of achievement and unique experience than something like "Now you're a rank X member, so you have the right to use this Ride Pokemon".

Of course I can see them doing the latter, and while I don't really mind that much, it would be a waste of potential.

Personally, I'd love it if the method to unlock Ride Pokemon is by catching them. We'd have to dex them anyway (from what we've been told so far), so it's like killing two birds with one stone. And I think that it could give more sense of achievement and unique experience than something like "Now you're a rank X member, so you have the right to use this Ride Pokemon".

Of course I can see them doing the latter, and while I don't really mind that much, it would be a waste of potential.
The shot with Wyrdeer on that cliff made me think of a cutscene. Maybe we will be sent on a mission to find some pokemon to help the research team with its job. And maybe we will have to face a boss fight of some sort or something like the task of the Galarian Legendary birds in sword and shield to convince those pokemon to help us and our team through the region.

It seems that we really will be seeing more of Cyndaquil's flames in this game. It's a bit tricky to tell because the shot is only a split second long, but its fire appears to keep on burning after it uses this move on Wurmple. Cyndaquil, Quilava and Typhlosion are my favourite evolutionary line so for me, this is a big deal!

Screenshot (98).png

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom