• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

Episodes 4-6 of Run with the Wind. I like the character dynamics shown in just 6 episodes, hopefully though we see more interaction between characters that don't hang out/talk to each other too much (like Shindo, Nico-Senpai, and Kakeru as a group for example). And I know he was just introduced, and he's a jerk, but I quite like Sakaki; of course I generally like characters like him anyway, but his design is nice and his history with Kakeru is interesting, definitely can't wait to hopefully see them both interact again lol. Also seeing King struggling to get a job and wanting to put off running makes me sympathize with him, but I'm glad he came around to joining the other members.

The first season of Kuroko's Basketball. Was a lot of fun and I'll be getting into Season Two soon.

Episode 7 of The Case Study of Vanitas. Okay so I really like Vanitas x Jeanne, but Noe x Vanitas is getting up there for me as well lol; that dancing scene though! Still don't like Dominique though, so I hope she and Noe don't get together. Once again though beautiful animation and character dynamics are still great, can't wait for next Friday.

Also watched episodes 7-9 of Run with the Wind. Honestly seeing people in the comments complaining about Kakeru being "bitchy" towards the others these past few episodes is kinda annoying, he's not completely wrong. Gonna put the rest of this in a spoiler since it's a bit of a rant lol:
When you've been taking a sport seriously and start to train again with other people, and they mostly just whine and complain about it, it's understandable to get frustrated and angry at them for not taking it seriously; and when it looks like they do start to somewhat get their act together about it, they think if everyone just runs and competes in different meets they'll reach their goal together anyway, like no you need to meet a certain time for that, and really need to train at their own pace and work from there. I don't hold it against Kakeru for telling Prince to essentially quit running if he doesn't work harder and meet the specific time he needs (because come on his posture, as well as King's posture, is terrible for running, he's not getting anywhere with that); that's what this team needs to expect. And Haiji needs to realize everyone is going to see their preferred sport differently, yes Kakeru needed to open his eyes figuratively in some aspects, and he gets it afterwards and tells Haiji that, but he's not taking back what he said about Prince (rightfully so) and needs to realize with the current team's work, Haiji's goal is still far off. Anyway the cliffhanger in episode 9 got to me, seeing Haiji collapse while making rice and even before at the meet with his vision getting blurry, hopefully he'll be okay and it's just fatigue (still serious ofc, but hopefully nothing worse). Kinda ironic though, he wants Kakeru to open up more and tell others his thoughts and to rely on them, yet it seems Haiji is putting everything on his shoulders and not being completely open to everyone else either.

And last night I watched episode 1 of Tsurune. Beautiful animation and the visualizations of some of the nature shots and the archery in motion is amazing, as expected of KyoAni though. Like the characters so far, though I'm not a fan of one of the characters being called "Kacchan", it reminds me of MHA's worst character imo since they have the same nickname. Gonna watch episode 2 tonight, and hopefully soon I get know how the MC got his scar on the side of his abdomen (though I have a feeling it has something to do with his mother's death, with him surviving the accident?).

The first two episodes of Fena: Pirate Princess which I really enjoyed, fantastic dub from NYAV as per usual with Brittany Cox being a major highlight.

Other than that, started Season Two of Kuroko's Basketball and continuing on with Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS, a show I started a while back but forgot to continue watching till recently.

Might start number24 and Bungo and Alchemist soon - two other NYAV dubs I wanna check out (maybe after I finish up the whole Battle City stuff with Yu-Gi-Oh).

Completed Tsurune and it's OVA. Beautiful animation and amazing character development, especially for Kaito since I wasn't expecting to like him much (he reminded me too much of a certain other Kacchan, especially with the "extras" line in the OVA); it also feels like an understandable and relatable SoL, even if it's not it's main genre. The twins were really annoying though, the only characters I didn't like, especially when they mocked Minato's target panic and joked about the car accident Masaki was in (and thank goodness he ended up fine), karma got to one of them though as towards the end in the final tournaments one kept missing (wouldn't be surprised of the other twin develops target panic as well, with the way they shoot). And the final scene in the last episode was a nice callback to episode 1 but from a different angle, Masaki was right next to Minato when the latter saw his first kyudo tournament. Overall a very heartwarming series that I definitely recommend to sports and SoL fans, hopefully there'll be a season 2 after the movie releases.

It's OVA was pretty fun, though I was hesitant about it since it involves a hardcore idol fan. He was fine in the main show, as it wasn't brought up very much at all, but it was kinda annoying when he went into hardcore idol fan mode (people that get way too into it like him genuinely get on my nerves, regardless if it's a real person or fictional). But the second half of the episode was alright when we see some small archery stuff, though the animation was a bit lacking at times.

I have heard Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children described as "CGI anime". If that doesn't count, then the last anime I watched is Sword Art Online, a few months ago. I've been wanting to rewatch it but avoiding it because it's going to ruin my gaming mood, and I infrequently go back to watch clips when I want to make a reference in my writing because I prefer to fact-check and make sure I'm actually making the reference I want to.

Completed Run with the Wind. Another great show with amazing character development, I love how the last few episodes show each character's inner monologue about running and the impact the sport and people with them had on each of them. And, maybe it's just me, but the visuals that both Haiji and Kakeru had about running and what it means to them, and how it was portrayed in earlier and the last two episodes, reminded me of the Zone from Kuroko's Basketball but with the whole body instead of the eyes (if anyone here has watched both, please tell me I'm not alone in that lol); well both are animated by Production I.G so I shouldn't be surprised. Anyway the ending was a great way to wrap up the show, most former members moved on with their lives and Kakeru and the twins are still with, and helping, new members of the track team; and I'm glad Hana got into the same university and became their new manager, also Nira with a mate and puppies! (I thought this whole time Nira was a girl, not a boy, the name isn't very masculine sounding)

Catching up the weekly anime I missed when I was out of town without internet last week.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid Season 2 Episodes 6-7. I really don't know where the show is going, we had a hint of one of the rare villains of the show back in the first few episodes but we've had nothing else and for a new character Ilullu gets little attention. I understand it is slice of life but still, a lot of the short plots every episode haven't been catching my eyes in Season 2 compared to Season 1.

The Aquatope on White Sand Episode 6: Man, some scenes in the show get prettier and prettier when it comes to the aquarium scenes.

And a new one;

Fena: Pirate Princess Episodes 1 to 2: Giving this one a shot since it's Production IG despite being produced by Crunchyroll and Adult Swim, and I really enjoy IG's work like Ghost in the Shell and Psycho-Pass though this is a good oddball to try out. Though in some cases I don't know where the tone is going but it's the first two episodes. Also Brule best doggo.

Completed Ahiru no Sora this morning, pretty alright show even though it didn't fill in the basketball hole for me. Really enjoyed the character interaction it had, and aside from the matches themselves the animation was smooth for the most part.

I also finally got around to watching episode 1 of Haikyuu To the Top part 1, and Eyeshield 21 episodes 1-2. The latter series I only seen clips of and never really got into then, it's more of my brother's favorite sports anime and manga; finally decided to watch it and I really enjoyed what I've seen so far, you can tell the animation is mid 2000's but still holds up today imo.

I decided to go with finally rewatching/completing Black Cat which I'll start sometime tonight, then when that one is finished I'll get to rewatching/completing Monster (gotta see my boys Kenzo and Johan again).

Asides from the daily Kuroko and Yu-Gi-Oh stuff, I've now started one of the two NYAV dubs I've been meaning to watch ever since they came out: Bungo and Alchemist - Gears of Judgement.

Really enjoying Zeno Robinson's performance though whenever he shouts it reminds me a lot of Goh's voice. Even managed to spot Mike Pollock voicing the king in Episode 1. Seems like it'll be a fun series to check out.

Watched episodes 4-6 of Haikyuu To the Top part 1 and episodes 3-5 of Eyeshield 21.

Last night watched the first 2 episodes of Black Cat, never noticed before how the animation kinda cuts in some parts and is a bit weak in others, but rewatching it it's definitely noticeable now.

Asides from the daily Kuroko and Yu-Gi-Oh stuff, I've now started one of the two NYAV dubs I've been meaning to watch ever since they came out: Bungo and Alchemist - Gears of Judgement.

Really enjoying Zeno Robinson's performance though whenever he shouts it reminds me a lot of Goh's voice. Even managed to spot Mike Pollock voicing the king in Episode 1. Seems like it'll be a fun series to check out.
Bungo and Alchemist is a good show (the game is also pretty fun), if you like this series you might also want to check out Bungo Stray Dogs since it also has characters based on famous authors.

Insert usual Kuroko and Bungo and Alchemist stuff here and two or rather three episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh VRAINS.

I say "or rather three" because one of them was a recap episode (ya know, the very thing this whole series is infamous for) and I couldn't be arsed to watch it entirely so the short summary of my experience for it goes like this: skip recap, skip recap, skip recap, some interesting stuff, skip recap, skip recap, skip recap, more interesting stuff, skip recap, skip recap, skip recap, you get the picture.

Now up to when Ghost Gal duels Revolver.

Castlevania Season 3: Definitely not as enjoyable as the first two. It was definitely effective at what it was doing an competently written, but near the climax especially I feel like it was kinda just going dark and miserable for the sake of darkness and misery. Definitely hope the next season (which is by my understanding the last), ends on a brighter note because this was just absolutely depressing.

My Hero Academia, episodes 1-13-ish. I've been planning to watch it for quite some time, and I'm very glad I finally got around to starting. I love how weird some of the powers the characters have are, and I've also really enjoyed a lot of the character interactions, particular between All Might and Izuku.

Some nice intense episodes of Kuroko and VRAINS I've watched today. Season 2, episodes 9 and 10 for Kuroko and Season 1, episodes 32 and 33 for VRAINS.

Absolutely loving both Stephen Fu as Hanamiya and Billy Bob Thompson as Spectre. Like damn, Fu's performance really makes you want to hate Hanamiya so much (in a good way) and Billy as Spectre, when he goes nuts it's always a fun time.

Back
Top Bottom