• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN080: Trial Mission! Ulgamoth's Golden Scales!!

Pretty nice episode.It was a lot of dialogue but I think they did it well. The ending was rushed, I felt Asahi’s urshifu could have had more time. I will rate it after the subs come out, but my first impressions make it a 7/10

I guess the leaker was biased while viewing only some scenes from episode.
That implies leaker actually seen the episode, which I highly doubt. Also, best scene:
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

It seems that the leaker only got it the last time due to ill luck, that ran out.

I muted the video each time that Nito character said anything. However, I ended up having valid reasons to hate him as much as his mediocre seiyuu.

Satoshi was an unnecessary addition and should have stayed at the Institute.
Gou could have dealt with this by himself.

I like how the supposed leaks, which everyone believed and complained based on, revealed to be balooney as I expected. I'll say more after the subs.
So have people learned their lesson about not believing every "leak" that gets posted?
This is a discussion thread. Even if there’s a slim chance of there being something real, I’ll still discuss the possibility of said events happening in the preview, based on whether or not I want to see it play out that way, or not, and how I think it will affect the episode.
Sharing ideas on events is literally what makes discussing fun to me, to see what others think about events playing out that way or the other.

Also, the only part of the “leaks” that were truly talked about was Ash’s participation, and the line about him “struggling”. Hell, I think many people knew Goh was still going to pass, and the discussion thread was only implying how much they hoped he would. To say the least, outside of helping with the electricity, Ash was once again was inconsistent with his writing, where he for some reason can’t handle a bunch of nobody grunts (who’s leader gets terrified of a Ferrothorn, of whom Goh OHKO’d, and Galvantula got OHKO’d), yet can simultaneously handle Chairman Rose under lots of pressure.
I understand it was to show off both Urishifu, but you cannot build a character you can be proud of/idolise in a way when they are this inconsistent. It’s annoying. At least make Ash handle three of them, whilst Goh struggles with two, and have the Urishifus step in.
Apparently the show thinks poachers are Ash’s weakness; imagine if Hunter J reapparead - Ash would be finished.

Nice moments were them utilsing their Pokemon, but the fact I have to even say that’s a plus is quite saddening - it should be expected, not praised!
Also, those Roggenrola reminded me of the group Ash caught his from back in B&W.
Overall, just an average episode. It’s the run-of-the-mill rescue, explore adventure.

To say the least, outside of helping with the electricity, Ash was once again was inconsistent with his writing, where he for some reason can’t handle a bunch of nobody grunts (who’s leader gets terrified of a Ferrothorn, of whom Goh OHKO’d, and Galvantula got OHKO’d), yet can simultaneously handle Chairman Rose under lots of pressure.
Who said he can't handle them? Neither he or Gou did anything yet to battle them.

Who said he can't handle them? Neither he or Gou did anything yet to battle them.
Maybe he could have handled them, who knows? The show just hasn’t written the scene to be satisfying for me.
If he did enough for you, then fine. For me, he didn’t. I just cannot understand seeing someone who jumps into the heat of battle, have a face of worry when in a position like that, like he’s cornered. I think it’s the fact Ash literally just sat there, like it was helpless.
I’m not going to argue with your opinion, mainly cause Ash let me down, and if you saw it differently, I’m glad you’re satisfied with the episode.

Well, you claimed to know, since your complaint up there was based on how inconsistent it is that Satoshi can't handle them.
Well, he didn’t handle them. He could handle them if it was the Ash v Volkner, I just think the writing wasn’t great to reflect that. Within this episode, he couldn’t, and had to be rescued.
And, that was my opinion in what I saw the show do? It’s opinion that you claimed that Ash could handle them. Again, that’s fine if you do, I just wasn’t satisfied, and my emotions were kind of annoyed at the time of that comment.

Has anyone noticed that Grookey in the last two episodes has actually tried to engage in combat? It was willing to fight the Aridos Trainer last week, but got called back, now it was psyched up to fight the grunts, then was stopped by a sucker-punch from them.
Previous episodes just had it hiding on Goh’s shoulder, or so far away from the action, it couldn’t possibly get involved. As much as it’s had a bad start, there could be hope.

Could it be? They’re teasing Grookey actually doing something? It will actually use a move soon enough?!

Unless......

It wanting to battle and something preventing it is its new running gag.

I can't discard that possibility.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom