• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

I mean it was pretty useless all things considered. The only reason people like it is because it was a really charming use of the bottom screen, which can't be replicated on the Switch.
Dawn and Lucas are wearing them in their artwork, so I imagine they'll see be part of the game.
My guess is that either 1. it will be a thing that will take up a portion of the screen (that can be toggled on or off), or 2. it will be a menu option.

I liked the step counter, berry map, and calculator, but some of the others were confusing at best.

If they do bring back the calculator, I hope they go all out and make it a full fledged scientific/graphing calculator. It's a bit of a stretch to hope for that, but imagine AP Calculus students taking their Switches to school and booting up their BDSP calculators.

Considering today's the 15th anniversary of Diamond & Pearl's release in Japan, I wonder if they'll give us news for both games in celebration of it.

You can see the protag using Gallade in the main game when battling with Riley in Iron Island, Platinum dex now officially confirmed?

Oh, thank Arceus indeed still would've preferred no HM's at all but I can deal with this.

I mean, this is about as close to "no HMs at all" as is physically possible, short of just outright removing all environmental obstacles, water routes, and the option for fast travel. (But doing all of that would be pretty ludicrous and would make for a terrible game.)

I'm so happy HMs are handled like this. They're on a Poketech to be used by a Pokemon. Also sending all your Pokemon in your party out is pretty nice, looks like the Premakes and Remakes have this feature and I hope it's there in other games from now on

Oof. The more I see of this game (Or rather the lack of seemingly new stuff) the less willing I want this. Legends Arceus really is out here getting all the goodies.

Oof. The more I see of this game (Or rather the lack of seemingly new stuff) the less willing I want this. Legends Arceus really is out here getting all the goodies.
I strongly disagree. I think BDSP is enhancing all of the original DP features really nicely. And aside from that, there is also brand new content coming with each new BDSP trailer!

Personally, I definitely prefer BDSP over Legends: Arceus, sofar.

Last edited:
Amity Square was fixed in the best way possible. It always stuck out like a sore thumb to me how limited (not to mention arbitrary and nonsensical. I mean, come on, Pikachu and Clefairy are considered cute but their baby pre-evos aren't??) the roster of cute Pokemon was. I was actually fully expecting the area to be cut entirely and replaced with something else when it was revealed that walking Pokemon would be a feature for the whole game, but I really like the idea of being able to take your whole team out for a stroll. I hope the guy who wasn't allowed to enter his Gyarados and Steelix in Platinum gets a cameo happily strolling with his giant kaiju snakes.

Ok they answered the million dollar question about the poketch. Nice.

Also, HM moves showing up using the pokemon - also nice. Reminds me of ORAS.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom