• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S24 EP18: Under Color of Darkness!

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
The episode is available on the iTunes Store in Australia. Please keep future events in spoiler tags.

Cast -

Sarah Natochenny - Ash Ketchum
Zeno Robinson - Goh
Michele Knotz
Cherami Leigh - Grookey
Rodger Parsons - Narrator
Ray Chase - Professor Cerise

Additional Voices -

Megan Hollingshead
Erica Mendez
Suzy Myers
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Erica Schroeder - Goh's Rotom Phone
Marc Thompson

Plot-wise I felt like this episode was a bit too derivative of that only early XY episode, but the big thing that stood out to me is how respectful Goh was of Flabébé's wishes, just because of how far a cry it was from how he treated Scorbunny pre-Raboot. It really feels like he's grown in that sense, even if the episode itself didn't really touch on it.

And Grookey being sad to see Floette go was also a nice touch, if only since it's the first time we really see it caring about someone besides itself.

When I looked at the Title I honestly thought this was the Darkrai-Cresselia 2-Parter.

Is this the Flabebe episode?

That's a unusually eerie title for an episode like this.

When I looked at the Title I honestly thought this was the Darkrai-Cresselia 2-Parter.

Is this the Flabebe episode?

That's a unusually eerie title for an episode like this.
Yeah, even taking the ending into account, it definitely doesn't fit the episode's tone. I guess "Flabébé's White Flower" sounded too mundane but surely they could have come up with a better alternative.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom