• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Concepts for my Starter trio.

guydee

ceo of lil guys
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. Any
Heya. I came up with concepts for a starter trio but I am awful at art and wanted to get these ideas out of my head somehow so here we are.

1. Fire/Steel type. A cow with one of those nose rings and a color scheme of dark reds and gray. Based on how the earth's core is hot, but solid due to how dense it is down there.
2. Water/Fighting type. A penguin whose flippers are coated in sharp ice, making it very adept at karate, able to cut through most materials with ease.
3. Grass/Fairy type. A fox with grass-like fur that has flowers on it. Compassionate and just, it uses its plant-manipulating powers to steal from the rich and give to the poor.

That's pretty good.

The Water type -- there's already the Piplup line, but there have been multiple turtles and monkeys. You also said that the flippers were covered in ice, so should it be a Water/Ice type?

Ah, well... I wanted to make use of a type triangle no one talks about that I really like, that being Steel-Fairy-Fighting. I knew Piplup already existed but I liked the other two so much that I didn't wanna swap around the types and couldn't come up with anything better for a Water-Fighting type. I was thinking maybe it could be a different species of penguin like a Rockhopper or something and its Pokedex entries can say that it and Empoleon are frequent training partners. I dunno.

Ah, well... I wanted to make use of a type triangle no one talks about that I really like, that being Steel-Fairy-Fighting. I knew Piplup already existed but I liked the other two so much that I didn't wanna swap around the types and couldn't come up with anything better for a Water-Fighting type. I was thinking maybe it could be a different species of penguin like a Rockhopper or something and its Pokedex entries can say that it and Empoleon are frequent training partners. I dunno.
That penguin concept is actually kind of smart! There are more than one penguin species, after all. I've also tried making starter trios that take advantage of different typings, and Steel/Fairy/Fighting makes sense.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom