• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN087: The Ice Queen and Glacia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious to see if this Glacia is the Hoenn Elite Four member, would be nice to have another one appear
She's not called that in Japanese, so probably not.

Though does anyone remember that ice trainer from Sinnoh that fought Cilan and his brothers towards the tail end of BW? Not that I'm expecting her to ever show up again, but she definitely fits the "ice queen" title and I certainly wouldn't mind if that was the case.

Though does anyone remember that ice trainer from Sinnoh that fought Cilan and his brothers towards the tail end of BW? Not that I'm expecting her to ever show up again, but she definitely fits the "ice queen" title and I certainly wouldn't mind if that was the case.
That would be a nice surprise, seems a bit unlikely

That would be a nice surprise, seems a bit unlikely
"Bit unlikely" is an understatement. It was just a random thought that popped into my head; I'd say her actually appearing again is nearly impossible.

Well then, let me just cross out Glaceon. So that means Eevee needs to meet a Leafeon,Jolteon,Flareon and Sylveon. I really hope Serena returns for Sylveon

Well then, let me just cross out Glaceon. So that means Eevee needs to meet a Leafeon,Jolteon,Flareon and Sylveon. I really hope Serena returns for Sylveon
Serena returning would be great, better her than some guest character

I do wish Chloe had seen Gary's Umbreon and/or Sakura's Espeon

It would be nice if we had an Ice-type expert as a bonus...

but with our dumb luck it'll be another girl COTD to give Chloe some advice -_-

Last edited:
Serena returning would be great, better her than some guest character

I do wish Chloe had seen Gary's Umbreon and/or Sakura's Espeon
Honestly just wait for Serena to return for last. I’ll welcome a Chloe interaction but not with Ash since he still needs to mature and Serena said her goal is Ash, plus a relationship with Ash being immature makes no sense.

Honestly just wait for Serena to return for last. I’ll welcome a Chloe interaction but not with Ash since he still needs to mature and Serena said her goal is Ash, plus a relationship with Ash being immature makes no sense.
You want a 10 year old to mature at that age and enter a relationship?

In XY it seemed like he aged. Now he’s for sure 10. They need to age him up a few years obviously
Eh, if you looked at the whole series he was still the same oblivious childish Ash, just less overtly involved in silly activities. The most "mature" part of him is becoming less of a straight-up hothead but even then he was still portrayed as a 10 year old by height. It's just that artstyle and design dissonance was big

Only 4 characters we know currently qualify as Ice Queens.

Melony, Candice, Lorelei/Prima and Glacia.

Candice makes the most sense for me, since she promotes gen 4 and the episode airs a week before BDSP comes out.

Its probably just gonna be Chloe meets another Eeveelution episode, which I don't know why we're going through if her Eevee can't evolve.
For the same reason Ash & friends interact with Pokémon during a given saga or anytime, really - for viewers to see, experience, and learn about them. This also airs closely to BDSP, so it doubles as promotion for one of the Pokémon players can obtain in the games.

I'm a big fan of Eeveelutions, so anytime they are animated is always a boon for me. While her name isn't Glacia in Japanese, this would be a great time to introduce her though rather than making a random CoTD to showcase Glaceon - maybe even make her an opponent for Ash to battle; since this is Pokémon-journey-all-around-the-world and all. They also could have used May and her Glaceon, but alas.

I'm going to guess that this Ice Queen is a brand new character and not one from the games

We know Cynthia has a Glaceon but she doesn't sound like an Ice Queen to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom