• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN084: Lucarionite! Adventure on Mega Island!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the magazine scan will come up about Ash gets a stone and catch something not Goh. And we see on tomorrow we see Lucario gets new moves.

I’m going to assume that the old geezer in the preview with the Mega Alakazam is related to Mabel (Mega Mawile Trainer).

This episode I’m kind of just expecting the gang to just go along the unexplored land, like the Mewtwo episode, and stumble upon their destination, sort of like a whimsical adventure where not much really happens until the battle.
I would have liked the see some issues with gaining control of the Lucarionite, like losing against the Mega Alakazam, for some tension and development, which is slacking this series, in regards to Ash (He’s had a pretty easy road so far - did anyone expect him to lose to Volkner?).
However, my expectations for the episode to fit in the introduction, them exploring, Lucario losing, then winning another battle, is too much. And then again, that’s leaning too much on parallels with Korrina’s journey, when this should just be Ash and Lucario’s own story, considering how they’re the ones to overcome Bea.

I hope the new team for Ash and Goh will coming up in the magazine an picture and gets the stone and the new move for Lucario. Will found out tomorrow.

Uh, he's clearly supposed to be related to Korrina since his character design is basically Gurkinn with more hair.
Clearly he’s related to the guy from Colosseum…or, is it him?!

385ED357-93F8-4C19-BDE8-210E5A0E4B87.png

DB8D17F2-DB96-4531-8BCE-B3E7FEB04DCA.png

Ironically, Eagun, aka The Man Whose Name I Have No Idea How To Pronounce, has a Pikachu as his main Pokemon in Colosseum and its sequel, which led a lot of people to believe that he was actually meant to be an older version of Ash. It did (or didn't, depending on your perspective) help that his granddaughter bears a resemblance to Misty.
200px-Rui_close_shot.png

Ironically, Eagun, aka The Man Whose Name I Have No Idea How To Pronounce, has a Pikachu as his main Pokemon in Colosseum and its sequel, which led a lot of people to believe that he was actually meant to be an older version of Ash. It did (or didn't, depending on your perspective) help that his granddaughter bears a resemblance to Misty.
200px-Rui_close_shot.png
Amourshippers won’t be happy with that.

Ah, I remember that theory! Good times, good times.

All of that makes me really want to see an anime take (done well) on Shadow Pokémon and Colosseum/XD: Gale of Darkness. Ash going up against bloodthirsty ruthless Mons devoid of positive emotions would be interesting

All of that makes me really want to see an anime take (done well) on Shadow Pokémon and Colosseum/XD: Gale of Darkness. Ash going up against bloodthirsty ruthless Mons devoid of positive emotions would be interesting
Personally, I'd prefer to see a Colosseum/XD adaptation in the form of a spinoff so that the actual protagonists of those games get appearances rather than shoving Ash into their roles. My version would be a miniseries like Origins except it doesn't forget to give the Pokemon themselves a personality or at least some form of emotions and the protagonists aren't callous douches who play the nepotism game and neglect everyone in favor of their starter Eeveelutions (and it'd be absolutely imperative not to screw up on those things too, because the whole point of Shadow Pokemon is that they're souless fighting machines that can only be cured by being treated with kindness and compassion, so Origins!Red-esque characters in the protagonist role would be absolutely terrible).

Personally, I'd prefer to see a Colosseum/XD adaptation in the form of a spinoff so that the actual protagonists of those games get appearances rather than shoving Ash into their roles. My version would be a miniseries like Origins except it doesn't forget to give the Pokemon themselves a personality or at least some form of emotions and the protagonists aren't callous douches who play the nepotism game and neglect everyone in favor of their starter Eeveelutions (and it'd be absolutely imperative not to screw up on those things too, because the whole point of Shadow Pokemon is that they're souless fighting machines that can only be cured by being treated with kindness and compassion, so Origins!Red-esque characters in the protagonist role would be absolutely terrible).
That would work too, but I'd also like to see Ash take on Shadow Lugia (even better if they make it so that the corrupted Lugia is the one from Movie 02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom