• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN089: Dialga & Palkia! The Space-Time Cataclysm!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Courtesy of Dephender from Serebii

It's been announced that the "Pocket Monsters" anime TV series, which airs on the TV Tokyo Network every Friday at 6:55pm, will have a "Special Winter Arc" set in the Sinnoh region on Friday December 3rd and Friday December 10th! This arc will see the return of Satoshi's former travelmate Hikari and her partner Pokémon Pochama from "Pocket Monsters Diamond & Pearl"!

zovRgAR.jpg

A promo picture and a promo video made for this arc have been revealed as well! They give us a premonition of what kind of incident the Legendary Pokémon of the Sinnoh region, Dialga and Palkia, will cause.

Satoshi, Go and Koharu get contacted by Hikari, who tells them Pochama has been abducted by someone. Similar cases of "Pokémon disappearances" have also been occurring all over the Sinnoh region in general! The trio hurry to the Sinnoh region and meet up with Hikari, who tells them that Pochama was apparently abducted by "another Hikari" that looked and dressed just like her...?!

rr2i9wy.jpg

After looking into the matter, the group learns that the Pokémon are being kidnapped by "someone" that come from mysterious holes of light called "gates" that connect to another world, and that these "gates" might have something to do with the Legendary Pokémon Dialga and Palkia! The group leaps into a "gate" in order to get the Pokémon back, but what they encounter on the other side is... another Satoshi?!

C6XbQlw.jpg

In the promo video that's been released, we get to see the Sinnoh region's Champion Shirona, a Rocket Gang that looks different from what we're used to, and a clash between Dialga and Palkia...! A new space-timeless adventure begins!

Damnit, so we are getting a 1-week break before the Special Winter Arc...

This means this is the fifth consecutive month in which the anime has taken a 1 or 2-week break at least once during each month since July.

Okay, not going to lie, whilst a competent TR was pretty poorly received in B&W, at least they’re using them here instead of the Matori Matrix. Those lifeless thugs are utterly boring to watch, so having the TRio encounter counterparts that may be effective could lead to some interesting interactions. Could be fun.
Also, is this like that one XY episode? Where Ash meets counterlike versions of Serena, Bonnie and Clemont?

I wonder why Dawn’s returns are never really hyped up. She didn’t get to appear in the opening like Iris and the SM cast did. It’s really strange since she’s the main girl of the DP era. Makes me wonder if she’ll be a recurring character of sorts through the series.

I wonder why Dawn’s returns are never really hyped up. She didn’t get to appear in the opening like Iris and the SM cast did. It’s really strange since she’s the main girl of the DP era. Makes me wonder if she’ll be a recurring character of sorts through the series.
Her return may not have been shown in the opening, but I think the posters and trailers provide a lot of hype.

I'm hoping that if Dawn's Piplup is captured early on, we may see her other Pokemon, JN074/75 were disappointed in that regard

Why isn't poor Yamper anywhere on that poster? He getting left home yet again?
I believe Yamper is actually a family pet and not Chloe's, would love for Cerise to let Chloe keep it given their bond, maybe Eevee will become Jolteon and Chloe will specialize in Electric types

If Dawn will be a recurring characters, she would likely appear in the opening.

Honestly, the most likely reason why Dawn doesn't appear in the opening is because they didn't plan her appearances when they created the openings.

They should have changed the opening already.

The anime needs more, not-derailed, Hikari; honestly.

I liked the XY Mirror World episode, though.
But this time it doesn't look that good.

PLEASE LET THIS LEAD UP TO A RAINBOW ROCKET ARC, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Did franchises collectively decide to make 2021 the multiverse year or something? This is like the fourth in the last two months.

Either way, I’m cautiously optimistic, this seems like a cool two parter. Curious to see what happened to piss Dialga and Palkia off this time (did Rise of Darkrai ever clarify why they were fighting? I don’t remember)

Did franchises collectively decide to make 2021 the multiverse year or something? This is like the fourth in the last two months.

Either way, I’m cautiously optimistic, this seems like a cool two parter. Curious to see what happened to piss Dialga and Palkia off this time (did Rise of Darkrai ever clarify why they were fighting? I don’t remember)
It wasn't explained in that movie, but it was explained later as Arceus's awakening bringing their worlds together.

Hmm... To tell the truth, I'm quite leery towards alternate dimensions in Pokémon as a whole. Back in ORAS it seemed to be introduced as a very flimsy way to excuse Zinnia trashing our seemingly last hope of saving the world, and then in USUM it led to Rainbow Rocket which I still consider one of the worst plot ideas to ever make it into a Pokémon game. The anime's thankfully not rubbed me in such a wrong way with the concept yet and I'd love it to stay that course.

Good, Matori seems to be sitting this one out. I'd already grown bored of her boytoy posse after the failures with the light trio, the Resort Area, and the lunar duo. It's all pretty much just a rebranded version of when Dr. Zager turned up in Unova to do evil plots once every couple of months.
Though, the TRio now getting involved with something this big for the team gives me similar bad feelings. I typically haven't been interested with these three in Journeys because they basically never use their own Pokémon now, and I also found them suddenly dull when BW made them good at their job.

It’s my birthday the december 3. I hope it’s really the TR of the distortion world (AU TR) in the preview because they wear black uniforms under their armor…
but if they are the real TR acting very evil and OOC again I don't know how I'm going to react. BW Team Rocket was my trauma! Not that again, especially for my birthday !!! please… I’m so worried…

Last edited:
It’s my birthday the december 3. I hope it’s really the TR of the distortion world (AU TR) in the preview because they wear black uniforms under their armor…
but if they are the real TR acting very evil and OOC again I don't know how I'm going to react. BW Team Rocket was my trauma! Not that again, especially for my birthday !!! please… I’m so worried…
I think they look they're alternate versions of them. Perhaps they're the ones behind this whole incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom