• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Controversial opinions

If we’re talking about English Openings, despite being my least favourite series (for now), I have to say that Best Wishes/B&W’s songs absolutely slapped, and are my personal favourites as a whole. The first one was pretty chill and cool with a nice message in a fitting context of the show, then the next two always have me singing no matter what.

I think the most underrated song is Advanced Battle though, despite its quite ironic lyrics.

I haven’t heard the most recent ones that often (XY onwards), but I can’t really say I like them that much, if at all. I appreciated the cool background themes of the Sun & Moon songs, but they fell a bit flat of the mark.

My rankings:
1) D&P Galactic Battles
2) B&W Rival Destinies & Adventures In Unova & Beyond
3) Indigo League
4) Advanced Battle
5) Johto Journeys
6) Black & White
7) Advanced Challenge
8) Advanced
9) X&Y
10) D&P Battle Dimension
11) Sun & Moon
12) Masters Quest
13) Sinnoh League Victors
14) Diamond & Pearl
15) S&M Ultra Adventures
16) Orange Islands
17) Kalos Quest
18) Journeys
19) Johto League Champions
20) Pokemon XYZ
21) S&M Ultra Legends

(I don't know If my take on this gonna be controversial but I saw some peoples were against it, so I decided to bring it up here)
IMO, main cast should have a legendary Pokemon (captured by them or just simply want to be around of them, you choose that) and I think a Darkrai would be the best pick for that because of the upcoming BDSP remakes.

Let's think for a second, we got Manaphy; Shaymin and Arceus (sort of) but we haven't got a Darkrai yet (10th movie was more like "ok Darkrai is not the bad guy, we will help them" rather than befriending Darkrai, JN only did that for one episode and then it was forgotten)

If not for remakes, then I want something like that in gen 9 anime (especially If it's a Legendary Pokemon that can talk without using their powers for that)

Feel free to disagree with me.

Last edited:
Ash’s Battle Frontier team is better than his Kalos team.

Top 10 Ash strongest Pokemon:

1. Pikachu

2. Charizard

3. Sceptile

4. Dragonite

5. Incineroar

6. Nagandel

7. Greninja

8. Infernape

9. Snorlax

10. Lucario

The controversial opinion is Greninja being out of the top 5.

1. Pikachu

2. Charizard

3. Sceptile

4. Dragonite

5. Incineroar

6. Nagandel

7. Greninja

8. Infernape

9. Snorlax

10. Lucario

I really don't see what Dragonite or Incineroar has done to be so high up on the list. Should they be on the list maybe but not that high up. And I guess I can say the same for Lucario.

I wouldn't count Lucario in any ranking.

Since it's all due to plot-armor/DeM.

Edit: I would try to make my own but it wouldn't be controversial.

Last edited:
I really don't see what Dragonite or Incineroar has done to be so high up on the list. Should they be on the list maybe but not that high up. And I guess I can say the same for Lucario.
Incineroar defeated Kukui's own Incineroar (who was firmly established to be insanely powerful, possibly the strongest Pokemon in all of Alola) as a Torracat, lending some good credence to it being a powerhouse. Dragonite and Lucario I do agree need to wait for Journeys to end before properly ranking them, but so far they've both had very strong showings: Dragonite soloed Korrina's team and later defeated Champion Iris's Haxorus (who is her ace) while Lucario beat two of Bea's Pokemon, her ace included.

If anything, I'd argue that the one Pokemon on that list whose placement is suspect is Naganadel, since we didn't see it do anywehre near enough stuff to properly gauge its strength: the best accomplishment it has is defeating Kukui's Lucario, who seems to be his weakest Pokemon if its onscreen performances are anything to go by, so placing Naganadel among Ash's strongest Pokemon is dubious at best. I'd swap it out with Lycanroc, tbh.

1. Pikachu

2. Charizard

3. Sceptile

4. Dragonite

5. Incineroar

6. Nagandel

7. Greninja

8. Infernape

9. Snorlax

10. Lucario

Incineroar on #5???? Dragonite, Incineroar and Naganadel (???) above Infernape???? Both Infernape and Snorlax being this low???

I know this is the controversial opinion thread, but damn...

To be clear: I'm not trying to diminish their victories and deeds... But I don't agree with this ranking. At all.

Incineroar on #5???? Dragonite, Incineroar and Naganadel (???) above Infernape???? Both Infernape and Snorlax being this low???

I know this is the controversial opinion thread, but damn...

To be clear: I'm not trying to diminish their victories and deeds... But I don't agree with this ranking. At all.
Snorlax should be higher. Also do you agree with Greninja being number 7

At the end I ended up making it anyway.....

1. Goukazaru
  2. Lizardon
  3. Jukain
  4. Gekkouga
  5. Pikachu
  6. Kabigon
  7. Lugarugan
  8. Waruvial
  9. Fushigidane
  10. Onigohri
I am not counting Gaogaen since it hasn't battled after evolving.
And there is the Power-Up-Letdown trope.

I am going to wait for Journeys to end and then I will put Lucario in the absolute bottom.

At the end I ended up making it anyway.....

1. Goukazaru
  2. Lizardon
  3. Jukain
  4. Gekkouga
  5. Pikachu
  6. Kabigon
  7. Lugarugan
  8. Waruvial
  9. Fushigidane
  10. Onigohri
I am not counting Gaogaen since it hasn't battled after evolving.
And there is the Power-Up-Letdown trope.

I am going to wait for Journeys to end and then I will put Lucario in the absolute bottom.
Wow, Glalie...

I put Nagandel on their because it is a legendary Ultra Beast that Ash shouldn’t have even had in the first place.

Then again I’m only putting Dragonite above Greninja as it defeated a champions ace (Haxorus) then again we have no idea how strong Iris really is. And Dragonite has potential to get stronger.

I should put Lycanroc in the top 10 but didn’t even though it’s best feat is beating Gladion’s ace (in a bs way while it was getting outplayed) but didn’t because it jobbed against Kukui

I put Nagandel on their because it is a legendary Ultra Beast that Ash shouldn’t have even had in the first place.
The thing is the only win from the top of my head that it has was vs Kukui's Lucario. And from the looks of it that wasn't one of Kukui's stronger pokemon. So I still don't think he should be on the list.

Wow, Glalie...

It defeated a Lizardon, it was truly a pity that the writers decided to cut off its potential.

Agoyon didn't do anything remarkable, so it doesn't deserve a spot.

I am not judging the current team, yet. Until we get farther in Journeys.
Despite me having made known my intent to put Lucario at the last place no matter what when that time comes.

The reason why I put Greninja lower than Charizard and Sceptile was because Greninja disappointed me greatly. It was supposed to win Ash his first league, and it didn’t. GRENINJA WAS THE CHOSEN ONE!
I blame that lost more on Alain's LOL LOOK HOW SUPER OP I AM!Charizard than Greninja.

Back
Top Bottom