• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Leaks/Rumors Thread

It also feels just unprofessional that they would do that? Like many people without Internet access when first trying to play were going to find the unfinished game and the whole Internet was going to find out about it. It feels so crazy that they would put out something so blatantly unfinished with 100% likelihood of it being seen that way and publicly reported on and it's just... not a good look?

It's ILCA's first time making a full game, right? Is this a symptom of inexperience, a lack of oversight on TPC's part, a product of rushing and not caring about the printed product, or a mistake that got way too far down the production line?

Whatever it is, now that everyone knows about it, I imagine that they might start to release pre-patched copies of the game once the initial stock has sold.

How is it bad that they're not on the cartridges? You're still able to easily download it.

I'm just worried about losing the music (and other patched content) if my Switch breaks in 2032 and I can't re-download the patch lol. :wynaut: It makes no difference in the short-term.

@Orchid and @Oriden - I'm glad I'm not the only person who has an issue with the day one patch. I, too, am hoping they might release pre-patched copies at a later date. I almost considered cancelling my pre-order so I could wait for a pre-patched copy, but we don't know if and when there will be one, and I've been really looking forward to playing the game on release day.

FRLG infinitely better than yellow, only thing missing was Yellow let you get all 3 starters.
HGSS infinitely better than Crystal, would be nice to have GS Ball, but even then limited to Japan only initially.

ORAS on par with Emerald, had a lot missing, no BF, unable to get other mascot, lacked some content but did do Delta Episode, new Megas, Deoxys

BDSP significantly worse than Platinum. Lots of missing content, only Mew and Jirachi to make up for it, even then need other games too.

I actually think BDSP are comparible to ORAS. BDSP lack some of Platinum's content, but are making up for it with new features. These remakes are actually doing more than ORAS in some ways - there's trainer customisation, Pokemon follow you, and HMs are gone.

Last edited:
I actually think BDSP are comparible to ORAS. BDSP lack some of Platinum's content, but are making up for it with new features. These remakes are actually doing more than ORAS in some ways - there's trainer customisation, Pokemon follow you, and HMs are gone.
The thing is, most of these additions are just a reflection of the new standards for the series as a whole, they're not actually improvements for BDSP itself. If ORAS had been released now rather than then, it would have had those features plus the added content.

So, is there any explanation as to what the slates in Ramanas Park actually are? I know that you purchase them with shards and insert them into the different rooms to encounter legendaries, but is there actually any explanation behind how it actually works? I know Pal Park at least had an in-universe explanation for the Pokémon transfers: they were imports! However, what exactly is the deal with Ramanas Park in-universe? Does someone own it or something?

The thing is, most of these additions are just a reflection of the new standards for the series as a whole, they're not actually improvements for BDSP itself. If ORAS had been released now rather than then, it would have had those features plus the added content.

I suppose you could look at it that way! I still think the idea that BDSP are worse games than Platinum is a bit of a stretch, though.

I'm not entirely sure what ORAS has over BDSP (from a new additions standpoint). Like, people can perfer whatever games they want, I just don't remember ORAS actually adding that much NEW stuff.

Soaring and Mirage spots are pretty comparable to Pokemon Hideaways, imo. Dex nav isn't really all that special now that we are accustomed to pokemon appearing in the over world. (and it would have been kind of redundant with the radar)

ORAS copy pasted the battle mansion, so we didn't get special NPC fights in the battle tower like with BDSP. ORAS didn't have gym leader rematches, either.

You could make the argument that secret bases added a lot and thus are lacking in comparison, but that was the case even between the original games. As far as I'm aware, the only thing BDSP didn't do was add a new post game story like the Delta Episode. Most other notable features were copied over from XY (amie, super training, O-powers)

But they did apparently add some sort of Giratina Boss fight? I haven't looked too much into it, but I assume it's like the Ultra Necrozma fight.

Please correct me if there's something I'm forgetting about.

I'm not entirely sure what ORAS has over BDSP (from a new additions standpoint). Like, people can perfer whatever games they want, I just don't remember ORAS actually adding that much NEW stuff.

Soaring and Mirage spots are pretty comparable to Pokemon Hideaways, imo. Dex nav isn't really all that special now that we are accustomed to pokemon appearing in the over world. (and it would have been kind of redundant with the radar)

ORAS copy pasted the battle mansion, so we didn't get special NPC fights in the battle tower like with BDSP. ORAS didn't have gym leader rematches, either.

You could make the argument that secret bases added a lot and thus are lacking in comparison, but that was the case even between the original games. As far as I'm aware, the only thing BDSP didn't do was add a new post game story like the Delta Episode. Most other notable features were copied over from XY (amie, super training, O-powers)

But they did apparently add some sort of Giratina Boss fight? I haven't looked too much into it, but I assume it's like the Ultra Necrozma fight.

Lv 100 shadow Giratina to get the Orb.

I suppose you could look at it that way! I still think the idea that BDSP are worse games than Platinum is a bit of a stretch, though.
It is a stretch. I did a comparison of the two and overall I’d say what BDSP lacks in story and the BF compared to platinum makes up for in the Ram Park, super rematches, Giratina shadow boss as a nod to platinum, QOL which cannot be understated honestly (especially HMs, save data speed and overall battle speed), following Pokémon, improved poke radar, Dawn/Lucas battles and hideaways.

Minor loses like the Villa or secret base decorations is sad but overall minor compared to everything else.

i suppose battle frontier isn't necessary for a good post-game after all, isn't it? not to drag the discussion towards that in particular, but when leaks came out that BF wasn't included, my hopes started to deflate a bit.

but everything else really does make up for it. ❤

i suppose battle frontier isn't necessary for a good post-game after all, isn't it? not to drag the discussion towards that in particular, but when leaks came out that BF wasn't included, my hopes started to deflate a bit.

but everything else really does make up for it. ❤
Truth be told I think it’s become so overrated people forget it’s flaws. It’s fun no doubt but many facilities aren’t that well designed (looking at you Arena and Palace) and the battling is very repetitive. Not to mention the cheap ai crap like OKO moves or evasion spamming which is bull crap especially if it ruins a high streak.

I like the Frontier but it’s flawed. The PWT from gen5 imo was better than it in every way.

i suppose battle frontier isn't necessary for a good post-game after all, isn't it?
It's not necessary, but personally I haven't really found a single Pokémon post-game interesting since (disclosure; didn't play gen 5, didn't finish gen 7) and considering Masuda's commentary don't have much hope for it ever happening.

Truth be told I think it’s become so overrated people forget it’s flaws. It’s fun no doubt but many facilities aren’t that well designed (looking at you Arena and Palace) and the battling is very repetitive. Not to mention the cheap ai crap like OKO moves or evasion spamming which is bull crap especially if it ruins a high streak.

I like the Frontier but it’s flawed. The PWT from gen5 imo was better than it in every way.
Isn’t that all the more reason to want to see it attempted again, though? It can’t be improved if it’s stuck in the 2010s.

It's not necessary, but personally I haven't really found a single Pokémon post-game interesting since (disclosure; didn't play gen 5, didn't finish gen 7) and considering Masuda's commentary don't have much hope for it ever happening.
yeah, i definitely understand! i think what some people saw as BF's "gimmicks", i saw as more creative challenges to the player. i will never forget how neat it was that Battle Palace allowed your pokemon to fight without taking orders. there was also another battle facility in HGSS where it was pretty much a board game/RNG that determined how awful/good your runs are lmao. good times.

i still hope for its inclusion at some point in the future, just to see a more modern take on the frontier rather than copypasting it. in the meantime though, i'll hopefully enjoy what bdsp has to offer~

Isn’t that all the more reason to want to see it attempted again, though? It can’t be improved if it’s stuck in the 2010s.
True but I doubt it’s a priority given the strict deadlines game developers have thanks to TPC. Honestly I think we would get more content every game if they wouldn’t crunch the developers so much to push the games out to coincide with the anime and merchandise

yeah, i definitely understand! i think what some people saw as BF's "gimmicks", i saw as more creative challenges to the player. i will never forget how neat it was that Battle Palace allowed your pokemon to fight without taking orders. there was also another battle facility in HGSS where it was pretty much a board game/RNG that determined how awful/good your runs are lmao. good times.

i still hope for its inclusion at some point in the future, just to see a more modern take on the frontier rather than copypasting it. in the meantime though, i'll hopefully enjoy what bdsp has to offer~
While TPC is in charge forget it sadly. Developers will never get the time to implement such things anymore. Gotta meet that deadline regardless of the current state of the game.

While TPC is in charge forget it sadly. Developers will never get the time to implement such things anymore. Gotta meet that deadline regardless of the current state of the game.
Forget extra content: at the rate they’re going right now, I think Game Freak might end up releasing a literal incomplete buggy mess that would damage TPC’s reputation.

We should pay TPC directly to make them let Game Freak have more time. How much would that cost? Millions? Billions? Trillions?

Forget extra content: at the rate they’re going right now, I think Game Freak might end up releasing a literal incomplete buggy mess that would damage TPC’s reputation.

We should pay TPC directly to make them let Game Freak have more time. How much would that cost? Millions? Billions? Trillions?
Yep sadly. They could get away with short development times during the 2D era but developing a 3D game, especially on a home console takes a lot more time and the current yearly release method just doesn’t work now. But do TPC care? Lol no they make money that’s what matters. I hope it comes to bite them on the butt.

I honestly didn't play ORAS, nor have I really played anything through actually since Gen 4, but as someone who follows the series for art and story reasons, ORAS definitely added more to the series conceptually than BDSP has. New Megas and the Delta episode being the main things. BDSP has given really nothing new to draw from, so for me personally, it's an inspirational dud.

Game Freak didn't make these games, though.

Game Freak didn't make these games, though.
These game? No. However, if even an outsourced party is struggling with Pokémon game development, then things definitely aren’t going to get any better for the franchise creators.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom