• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

Wyrdeer (ride)
Basculegion (ride)
Hisuian Braviary (ride)
Ursaring evo (ride)
Hisuian Sneasel evo (ride)

Hisuian Decidueye
Hisuian Typhlosion
Hisuian Samurott

Kleavor (noble)
Hisuian Zoroark
Hisuian Growlithe line
Hisuian Voltorb line
Hisuian Goodra line
Hisuian Avalugg
Hisuian Qwilfish
...and Hisuian heck knows what Arezu's lady is (noble)
Wow, you've been at work

Just these-

Who's the second character in the second tweet? I don’t remember who they are but I think we'll see an elderly version. "Time on them seems to go backwards and forwards respectively." We saw a younger version of Mina (time going backwards on her) so it’s safe to say that the other guy will be aged up (time moving "forward" on them).

I'm glad it was debunked.

I would want a LOT MORE THAN 200 Pokemon in a $60 dollar game for the Switch. No point paying all that money if it has a smaller roster than Platinum.
I think the number of pokemon is really the last thing I'm worried about. I prefer 200 pokemon but in a game with good graphics and animations honestly.

I'm glad it was debunked.

I would want a LOT MORE THAN 200 Pokemon in a $60 dollar game for the Switch. No point paying all that money if it has a smaller roster than Platinum.
Honestly, with how completing the pokedex works in this game, i would almost prefer a smaller roster, just so it doesn't end up overstaying its welcome given you have to complete dex entry's to proceed i think?

Honestly I thought the Load Screen image was the most believable part of that leak and the red flag for me was the claim of around 200 Pokémon.

I’m assuming the Platinum Dex will be available (seeing how Scyther and several crossevolutions have been shown already) plus all Gen IV Pokémon (there were 7 not in Platinum particularly Arceus and Shaymin which we know are in this game and Regigigas which may also get us the initial Regi trio (maybe the two new Galar ones too?) Right off the bat, this brings us to 217 (not including the other Regis and Sylveon). Then we have Pokémon that can be found in Sinnoh but aren’t counted as part of Sinnoh’s Pokédex such as Vulpix, Growlithe (now a regional form), and Teddiursa which brings us to 248 Pokémon. Then we got the Spheal line which supposedly wasn’t available in the wild in the previous Sinnoh games which brings us to 251 and we haven’t even gotten to the really new Hisui Pokémon such as the three Starter lines, the Braviary, Zorua, Basculegion lines (which came after Sinnoh) and new evolutions like Wyrdeer. Include the Avalugg and Greedunt lines the leaker mentions and that’s at least 4 more. That brings us to 273 (275 if Scizor and Weavile are included). Add back the other Regis and Sylveon and that brings us to 277-279-281.

Then we’ve got some confirmed that the leaker clearly takes basis on (such as the Ursaring evo, Hisuian Goodra, the Hisuian Voltorb line, the mysterious lady (which is unknown so could be a two, three, or split evolution), Hisuian Quilfish (possible new evo) and a trio of heart clouds in the post game (possibly the genies) with the implication of more Pokémon becoming available in the post game (we’ve seen this already somewhat with Shaymin). That’s, at the very least, 11 more Pokémon so at 288-290-292.
I’m not expecting a Pokédex over 385 but 200 is just too low based on what we’ve seen.

Last edited:
The last game I played through in its entirety was Pokemon Gold.

Yes; Gen 2 to me is a peak of what Pokemon games can be, there are as many fun and unique choices left up to the player as there are immersive and dynamic experiences happening with the storyline! it almost seems like Legends: Arceus will somehow reaccess that!!

Yes; Gen 2 to me is a peak of what Pokemon games can be, there are as many fun and unique choices left up to the player as there are immersive and dynamic experiences happening with the storyline! it almost seems like Legends: Arceus will somehow reaccess that!!
XD I don't quite know about that, I think mostly it's just that Gold was my very first game and it had such a huge world to explore that it was easy to kind of get your fill of practically the entire series for the rest of the 2D era just from playing it. Legends feels huge and unlike the other 3D games, not as cramped, and the interactions with pokemon looks fresh and exciting and finally like a totally different game.

Wish we were getting more new pokemon, though. Or at least a selection that had more of my favorites.
Or new eeveelutions... =(

Oh... oh I just noticed that Shaymin is post-game...

Catch the Mythical Pokémon Shaymin (Land Forme)

If you have play records from the Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield game, you’ll be able to take on a research request in Pokémon Legends: Arceus in which you’ll have a chance to add the Mythical Pokémon Shaymin (Land Forme) to your team.

This research request will be available for you to accept in Jubilife Village after viewing the game’s end credits.

Starting to wonder if the post-game pokemon Khu hinted at is a Hisuian Sky Forme for Shaymin?? What a weird choice that would be. But that would also mean that there's two new evos unaccounted for, not one.

And you know what I've realized, I don't know if this ties into the shiny ponyta or not, but with battles taking place in the overworld, that means we should be able to actually spot shinies wandering around.

Oh... oh I just noticed that Shaymin is post-game...

Starting to wonder if the post-game pokemon Khu hinted at is a Hisuian Sky Forme for Shaymin?? What a weird choice that would be. But that would also mean that there's two new evos unaccounted for, not one.

And you know what I've realized, I don't know if this ties into the shiny ponyta or not, but with battles taking place in the overworld, that means we should be able to actually spot shinies wandering around.
Knowing GF, the "research request" will consist in reaching a certain area where you'll find the postman that has come from the future to give you Shaymin for free in a wooden Luxury ball.

Knowing GF, the "research request" will consist in reaching a certain area where you'll find the postman that has come from the future to give you Shaymin for free in a wooden Luxury ball.
Based on the image they use to show shaymin, it looks more like it'll be an encounter. XD Having overworld pokemon means less of having to have people just hand you things.

Based on the image they use to show shaymin, it looks more like it'll be an encounter. XD Having overworld pokemon means less of having to have people just hand you things.
What if someone manages to snag Shaymin and tries to sell it, but you catch them in act and stop them before they can do so?

If most people are afraid of pokemon, who are they going to sell it to?
Also can't think of why selling a pokemon would be a crime.
Well, considering people tend to after legends/mythicals for their power, perhaps the person would be selling Shaymin to some bad people who want to threaten others with fear.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom