• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

View attachment 152791I saw this on Reddit… and if that’s what any following Pokémon larger than a starter looks like then… eeh
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Could it get any worse? I mean, what if Gen 9 games end up using these size models? Just... just a design choice, right? ILCA better take some notes from previous games and offer something better.

Well it kinda works with Dialga (I guess...?), but Rayquaza looks... well... it looks like it's a Dragonair with a Rayquaza skin :D
I mean it's cute on a weird way since it creates a "just hatched and still a baby" feeling at the same time it reduces the intimidating flair. This will most likely start a new controversy among the fans but I kinda like this choice (and I'm aware that this will be an unpopular opinion) for several reasons. In terms of the general art style of the games this design choice fits better (at least in my opinion). Also it reminds me of the way how the following pokemon looked in HGSS. And in my opinion I imagine it could look kinda weird to have that (sometimes) huge pokemon following you in that (sometimes) rather "tight" areas. Not exactly what I expected, but I still like it.

Kind of a random question, but has there been any word on how you encounter Spiritomb now?

I imagine the method would be about the same as before (talking to other players in the Grand Underground?) but I'm just curious to see if anyone's found out or tried it yet. :unsure:

Kind of a random question, but has there been any word on how you encounter Spiritomb now?

I imagine the method would be about the same as before (talking to other players in the Grand Underground?) but I'm just curious to see if anyone's found out or tried it yet. :unsure:
Spiritomb can be caught at the Hallowed Tower in Route 209 after placing the Odd Keystone at the tower and talking to 32 real players in the Grand Underground. Take note that NPCs found underground do not count.

Source:

Edit: Switch online required (which kinda messes up my plans)

Last edited:
Spiritomb can be caught at the Hallowed Tower in Route 209 after placing the Odd Keystone at the tower and talking to 32 real players in the Grand Underground. Take note that NPCs found underground do not count.

Source:
Damn, it's still the old method...

Yup, and since NSO is required you are dependent on other people so we maybe should start some kind of group or something to make sure the whole process is less of a hassle when the time has come.

I have the same problem in Sword: I can't catch Spiritomb in the Crown Tundra because I don't have Switch Online. I'm going to try and get one on the GTS, but this presumably won't be an option in BDSP until it gets HOME support.

In regards to Spiritomb, I also heard from a leak that was posted on Youtube that NPCs in the Grand Underground (except the Hikers that sell you things) also count toward the 32 units needed to unlock Spiritomb (apparently there are random NPCs that appear in the Grand Underground now). Also, something else I heard is that you can't just use the same NPC or PC repeatedly by entering and exiting the Grand Underground, it has to be a different one (or one that had recently spawned), something that was exploitable back during the original DPPt. Here's a link to that Youtube video that I found regarding it. I hope this bit of info is true since it would heavily simplify things for many players.

How about local friends? Does that still require the Switch online?
I just actually read the article carefully and apparently local connection works too (guess I'll have to force my wife to play the games to a certain point then).

"Once the Odd Keystone is in the Hallowed Tower, go to the Grand Underground and interact to 32 real life players. Talk to the player and select Greet. This can be done locally or through online communication.

The NPC Merchants don't count to the number of players met. While underground, check your Trainer Card to see how many people you've greeted."

Is Feebas still gonna be found the same way in foggy area at mt coronet, by fishing on each tiles, or did they made it easier to fish feebas this time?

Is Feebas still gonna be found the same way in foggy area at mt coronet, by fishing on each tiles, or did they made it easier to fish feebas this time?

Sadly, Feebas has the same song and dance as before: can only be found on certain tiles. While I don't know if those tiles reset daily, I do know that if you find Feebas in one of those tiles you can catch countless amounts of them. Someone mentioned that if you find the tile it'll be a 75% chance to hook at least one. At least with the HMs now being used as an app on the Poketch it'll make dealing with both the fog and Surf easier. And it can be caught with the Good Rod, so you don't need the Super Rod (which is post-game) to get it. Hope that helps.

Sadly, Feebas has the same song and dance as before: can only be found on certain tiles. While I don't know if those tiles reset daily, I do know that if you find Feebas in one of those tiles you can catch countless amounts of them. Someone mentioned that if you find the tile it'll be a 75% chance to hook at least one. At least with the HMs now being used as an app on the Poketch it'll make dealing with both the fog and Surf easier. And it can be caught with the Good Rod, so you don't need the Super Rod (which is post-game) to get it. Hope that helps.
What happens if I wait till the post-game using Super Rod, will it be easier, or will it be the same way?

What happens if I wait till the post-game using Super Rod, will it be easier, or will it be the same way?

Nothing, really. It'll just be higher leveled when you catch it, like most Super Rod Mons. The type of rod doesn't always alter the encounter rate for certain Mons, just the levels and what Mons it catches (ie: Gyarados instead of Magikarp). So whether you have the Good or Super Rod makes no difference in the encounter rates for Feebas, just the levels.

I think TPC went a bit too far with the faithful aspect with BDSP, especially since the quality of life features seem to be selectively applied while things like the Feebas, Spiritomb, Eevee, Rotom, and evolutionary held items for cross-generation evolutions either retain their convoluted encounter methods to the letter or are still locked behind the post game which Platinum already fixed. If something was looked down upon before, you shouldn't just repeat the same things in the remake just for the sake of nostalgia since the whole quality of life thing was mainly for the benefit of newer players who wouldn't feel said nostalgia anyway.

We really need an interview once this game comes out: I want to know what was going through the overseer's (aka Junichi Masuda) head when it came to these remakes.

Source:

Edit: Switch online required (which kinda messes up my plans)

....wow this strikes me as both funny and painful. I couldn't get Spiritomb in Diamond because I didn't have 32 friends to meet in the underground. Right after, we had a whole era of online features being free. Now we're on the Switch, online is locked behind a paywall that I can't justify paying and... it's back.

This brings me back in the worst way, like anti-nostalgia. Really glad now that I'm not tempted to play these.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom