• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

:lapras:Whaaaaaaaaaat
I usually do my homework fast so I can play when I leave school but then I get time to play until dinner, then I play more after dinner, then I go to bed at 8:30, but I have to get off at 8:00. And I spend waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time in the Grand Underground fooling around with catching mons (where I got my Houndoom and Gastrodon, the latter saved my butt (and started my luck streak) against Jupiter by landing a FISSURE at level 20, the same level as her Skuntank).

I'm enjoying my experience with BDSP thus far, and the relative quality of life/ease of access improvements to different Pokemon through the Underground is really making me want to actually complete the Pokedex this time around. But there is still plenty to nitpick here and so far nothing has convinced me that Platinum isn't the better game.
You've hit the nail on the head and I think this is a massive part of why I'm enjoying them so much and why I'm eternally grateful that they didn't choose to directly remake Platinum instead (is that controversial? Suddenly I'm scared); Platinum has been my favourite entry in the series since I played my pre-order way back when I was a child, and in my mind, it's untouchable, flawless, can't do a thing wrong - for me, there's nothing in that game that needed to be done differently (I recognise that there is, but eh, nostalgia blinds you).

Diamond & Pearl, however, had a multitude of flaws that needed to be reworked and improved on, many of them in order to make the game playable for some. Most of these (if not all) were already addressed in Platinum, but since we were always bound to get Sinnoh remakes eventually, I'm glad they went for the incredibly faithful D/P remakes instead of utilising the Platinum storyline/improvements/etc for the remakes because I absolutely WOULD have been disappointed, then. So in that sense, I'm absolutely in agreement with you - Platinum is superior to BD/SP and D/P both, but BD/SP is a refreshing upgrade (and tribute) to D/P for the new generation.

You say no like it was so unrealistic to have one by now, the game is out for around 5 days so it's not that unlikely :D
No...?
Also, how do you get to Earthquake TM? I keep trying and failing to do Bike thing
Do you mean that you jump to far at one point? If that's the case change to the other gear, the bike will be slower and make a smaller jump that way.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom