• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Brilliant Diamond or Shining Pearl?

Which version will you get?

• Total voters
Mmhm, I played Diamond when I started the fourth generation, and I still like Dialga more, so it will be Brilliant Diamond for me if I ever get the chance to play this.

I'm getting both, but Brilliant Diamond first.

Yup. I did get Shining Pearl, and a physical copy at that, just as I wanted. And loving it, especially since I could get a Spiritomb for my team. Oh, and the mythicals are unreal.

I ordered Brilliant Diamond from Amazon a few days ago, now to wait for my copy to arrive.

I only played Pearl, never Diamond. However, I prefer the Brilliant Diamond exclusive Pokémon. And beyond that, Palkia design is very bad. Furthermore, despite the nostalgia, I find it beneficial to vary between versions, so much so that I chose Pokémon Sapphire and Omega Ruby.

Last edited:
I chose Shining pearl, some of the version exclusives are annoying, but shining pearl gets Salamence, Lugia, and Palkia all of which make up for it Imo

I had Diamond when the Gen 4 games first came out, so I'm considering changing things up by getting Shining Pearl when I get my Switch in the next couple of days. I'm also looking over the list of exclusive Pokemon and I'm more attracted to what Shining Pearl has to offer because I ignored some of them outside of collecting them and want to try them out this time.

I wish I could have picked Shining Pearl since I had vanilla Diamond growing up. But I went with BD because Diamond has my favorite version exclusives, and I don't know if or when I'll be looking into Pokemon Bank and Home to move all my old DS-era 'mons to the current generations.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom