• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: Link and the Fate of the Deku Tree

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
⦁ Mild Violence - Cartoon and fantasy violence are fine in any amount. Gore should not be present, and any deaths should not be violent in nature (Blood is acceptable in trivial amounts).
----------------------

At the beginning of this month, @LightningTopaz challenged me to take one of the many dungeons that have appeared in the Legend of Zelda Series throughout the years and write a story based around said dungeon while keeping the scope of the story small. This is the result of that. Admittedly, I did attempt to do a different dungeon to the one in this story, but it proved to be a bit troublesome, so I switched to this one. As the title says, this story is about the Deku Tree of "Ocarina of Time". I do have the chapters planned out. Also, I am not following the events of the game. It will be different.

The Kokiri are a group of Hylian Botanists that decided to live in the Kokiri Forest. They lived there for many generations, eventually, calling themselves the Kokiri. Some have taken up farming to provide food for the village, which some people take to sell at Hyrule Castle Town. The Great Deku Tree is the Guardian Deity of the forest. He is overseen by the Forest Fairies, who all help to maintain its health alongside the Hylians, since if it dies, the forest will slowly rot and wither away until there is nothing left, but a barren wasteland.

Kokiri Village is made up of multiple treehouses made from giant hollow stumps. Some are on the ground level, while others are higher up and require a ladder to enter. There is also a farm nearby where the people get their food. To the west is a path that leads out of the forest to Hyrule Field and the rest of Hyrule. Some people take the goods from the farm and head out to sell them at Hyrule Castle Town, located to the north of the forest. The northern side of the village has a path that leads into the Lost Woods, a dark, maze-like part of the woods. It is forbidden to go there due to how easy it is to get lost. To the east lies the Great Deku Tree's meadow. The tree is tall enough that it can be seen from the village.

16-year-old Link is walking around the village, a Kokiriri Sword and a Wooden Shield strapped to his back. His family is part of a group that seeks to protect the forest from monsters and people who would do harm. As he approached the central square, he spots Saria's mother, looking along the eastern path to the Deku Tree, clearly upset about something. Link approaches her, knowing that something is up.
"Hey Relio, is something wrong?" Link asks.
"Well, I told Saria that today, she can go gather sap for me," Relio replies.
"She hasn't come back yet?" Link asks.
Relio shook her head. "She hasn't. I have not seen her. It's already been thirty minutes. Usually, I'm in and out in two or three minutes, maybe five,"
"Perhaps she is simply taking her time and admiring the Deku Tree? Or maybe she is back, just hanging out with her friends and simply forgot?" Link asks, also starting to get worried.
"I did ask around, but no one has seen her since she went to the Deku Tree," Relio said.
"I'll go find her," Link said after a moment.
"Are you sure?" Relio asks, looking at him.
"Well, she was by my side while I was sick after I was tricked by Mido into eating that mushroom," Link replies.

"Mido is crazy. Sometimes, I don't understand him. How could tricking someone into eating a Mystery Toadstool be funny? That mushroom could have killed you. Thank goodness the Forest Fairies slowed the poison enough for mother to create an antidote," Saria said as she mixed the medicine, which consists of Fresh Water from the Fairy Spring, some Red Berries, and medicinal herbs. She smiles at Link, who is laying on a bed of leaves.
"One more of these, and you will be fine," she said. "Thanks," Link groaned, his voice slightly strained, followed by a slight cough.
"I appreciate…the care you gave me these past few days," Link added. He lets out another small cough.
Saria smiles at her friend. "Next time, don't listen to Mido," she said. Link nods.

"Now's it my turn to help her!" Link exclaims. He then runs off before Relio can say anything. He heads through the tunnel, which is made from a hollow log that was rolled into the small valley, and out to the Deku Tree's Meadow. Link looks up at the Deku Tree, which sits in the middle of the meadow. It's so tall that it makes the other tress around it look almost like saplings. There is what appears to be a face in the trunk. It is known that only the Forest Fairies can communicate with the Deku Tree. At the bottom, there is a large opening that leads into the tree, attached to which, is the cave where the roots are, referred to by the villagers as the Deku Root Cavern. After a moment, he notices that the tree is looking a bit pale as opposed to its usual healthy dark brown.

"What? Why is it so sick looking?" Link asks in shock. Suddenly, the twinkling sound of a Forest Fairy is heard from behind. Link turns and watches as a small blue Forest Fairy emerges from the trees and approaches the Deku Tree.
"Great Deku Tree! What's wrong? I heard your call and have come," The fairy asks as it flies up to the tree.
After a few moments, the fairy flies down to Link.
"Something is killing the Great Deku Tree, but he knows not what it is," the fairy said.
"A close and dear friend of mine went into the tree to gather sap thirty minutes ago, but she has not returned," Link said.
"Then let us go and save her. Perhaps we will also find the cause of the tree's declining health," the fairy said.
Link nods. "My name is Link, by the way," he said.
"I am Navi, one of the Deku Tree's servants and friends," the fairy said, bobbing up and down.
"Let's get going, Navi," Link said. He runs along the path to the entrance into the tree, Navi following him.

Last edited:
Not a bad start so far--if this were me, I would put the flashback in italics and delete the "start of flashback and end of flashback" text. Italics is enough to signal this little scene is a flashback.
I edited that bit and found that I do like it more than how it was initially. I think I shall leave it and do future flashback scenes the same way. I do agree that the "start of flashback and end of flashback" text did look out of place.

@LightningTopaz
Inside, Link looks around. The cylindrical room's bark walls are very tall, with the sides coming in to meet at a point in the middle. There are platforms that spiral upwards along the wall, with vines connecting each platform. The floor is also made of bark, which make a slight crunch underfoot. The room is lit up by Glowshrooms, which glow in dark areas, giving off light. There is a natural staircase that leads downward into the tunnel that leads to the Deku Root Cavern, where the roots of the Deku Tree can be accessed.
"Wow. I can't believe how tall this place is. Must be the height of the entire tree," Link said in amazement as he looked upward.
"It is. The way down to the Deku Root Cavern is in the middle of the room," Navi said. She flies over to the center of the room, with Link following her.

In the center of the room is a hole that leads downward 20 feet to a tunnel. The tunnel gently spirals downward to the Deku Root Cavern, which is named such due to the roots of the Deku Tree protruding from the ceiling and the walls. Link peers down the hole. "Here we go," He said as he climbed down onto the vines.

As he climbed down, his hand came into contact with something sticky on the vines. "What in the world?" He asks as he shakes his hand to get the strands off it. "Why is this stuff here?"
"Did something happen to your friend?" Navi asks.
"Perhaps," Link said as he inspected the vines. He notices very thin strands of a sticky, silky substance. "That is definitely from a Gohma," Link said after a minute.
"I don't remember there being any Gohmas in here. Perhaps a Gohma got her?" Navi asks.
"Probably just a coincidence," Link said as he continued downward.

As he climbed down the remaining 5 feet, he noticed more and more strands strewn about. At the bottom, the vines appear to be damaged, as if pulled by something or someone. "What happened here?" Link asks. He looks at the ground and kneels down. "What is it?" Navi asks, fluttering down to land on Link's shoulder.
"The ground right here. Looks like something was dragged along," He said as he traced the lines in the dirt, which go for a decent distance before stopping. "These are hands marks," Link said after inspecting the lines.
"Did something drag her? Maybe a big Gohma?" Navi asks, also looking at the marks in the ground, as well as the strands of web on the stone walls and ceiling of the tunnel.
"That can't be right. Full-grown Gohmas are generally not much bigger than acorns, so they are no threat to a person. Saria's just playing a prank," Link said.
"I don't know. I have seen one that was as big as an apple," Navi said worriedly.
"Still, not much of a threat," Link said, trying not to let his fear get the best of him. The two continue onward. The tunnel dips downward and around at a 45% angle. It curves out and around the cavern before connecting to the cavern itself. At the cavern entrance, Link is faced with a massive web blocking the way in.

"Yeah. We got a problem on our hands," Link said as he pulled out his sword. He begins hacking away at the web, which took some effort due to how think the strands are. "Yeah. I think we got a big one," he said.

Once he cleared it up enough, he and Navi enter the cavern. Inside, Link looks around at the roots protruding from the ceiling and different parts of the walls. Suddenly, he hears a gooey splat. He looks down as he lifts his foot. "Yuck! I just stepped in Tree Sap," he said as he cleared the sticky substance off his boot as best he can. As he did, a thought crossed his mind. "Why would there be sap on the ground?" He silently asks as he looks around.

"Link, look over there in the corner," Navi said, as she flies in that direction. Link turns and watches as she flies towards a strange human-shaped lump that is stuck to a large web. "Is that?" he asks. As he got closer, he recognized the green-haired girl trapped within the web. "Saria!" Link shouts.

Suddenly a massive, human-sized Gohma drops from the ceiling with a loud intimidating screech, startling Link. The impact of the landing causes Link to fall backwards. "What the?!" Link exclaims in shock. "That is way bigger than an apple!" Navi shouts. The giant monster lunges at Link, who rolls out of the way and makes a mad dash for the tunnel exit. He does not stop running until he has exited the Great Deku Tree. Once outside, Link, having fully exhausted himself from running up the tunnel and climbing the vines, passes out.

Last edited:
"Link… Link! Open your eyes, young one," an unfamiliar voice says. Link opens his eyes with a start. With a grunt, Link pushes himself into a sitting position. Looking around, he noticed that the trees around the meadow were gone, replaced by a strange green mist that obscures everything beyond it. The grass has a strange greenish glow to it. It also felt warm to the touch.

"Link," the voice said again. He looks up at the tree and is shocked by what he sees: Instead of the vague face-like structure, there is an actual face on the tree. The tree has glowing emerald green eyes. The bark of the tree is the normal dark brown color.

"What?" Link asks, his voice coming out with a slight echo to it.
"As you know, I am the Deku Tree," the face on the tree said.
"How… How are we talking? I thought only the Forest Fairies can…" Link said.
"I am speaking to you within your mind, Link," The Deku Tree said, "Heed my words, young one,"
Link nods. "I…I am listening, Great Deku Tree," Link said, still reeling from the fact that he is talking to the Deku Tree.

"Listen well, Link. You have the power within you. The power to save her. The one you care about. Even now, she clings to life. She clings to the hope that you will save her. She has the will to life." The Great Deku Tree said.
"But that Gohma…" Link said, still thinking about the monster.
"I know it scared you. You fear it. I can sense it. You have the power to slay the Gohma. You only need to believe," The Deku Tree said.
"I…I don't know," Link said, "I mean, I want to save her,"
"Believe in yourself. Remember that," The Deku Tree said as the dream begins to fade.
"Wait! What power do I have?" Link asks in a panic. There is no response as everything fades away.

Link wakes with a start and looks around to see that everything is normal. He looks up at the Deku Tree to see that the face is the normal vague face-like structure. The tree's words ring through his head: You have the power to save her. Believe in yourself. Link closes his eyes and breathes deeply. He can feel the stress and fear leaving his body as he calms down.

"Ready Navi?" He asks. Getting no response, he looks around to find that Navi is no longer with him. "N-Navi? Where are you?" He asks.
"She never came out with you," A Forest Fairy, this one green, approaches him.
"What do you mean, Leaf?" Link asks, concerned.
"The words I told you are those of the Deku Tree," Leaf said, turning to look at the tree.
Link also looks up. "Is that true? She never came out with me?" He asks.
"Alas, it is true. She is still down there. I can sense her. She is trapped," Leaf said, repeating the Deku Tree's words. Link looks at the entrance into the Deku Tree. With confidence, he heads back into the tree.

He was not alone in the meadow. Relio had just entered the area and heard the conversation between Link, Leaf, and the Deku Tree as well as watching Link enter the tree. Leaf, on noticing her, flies over. With a smile, Relio extends her hand out, allowing the fairy to land on her palm. She can feel the gentle warmth coming from the fairy's body.
"I was curious if Link has found Saria yet," Relio said.
"She is still down there. Link is going to rescue her from the monster that trapped her. These are the words of the Deku Tree," Leaf said after a moment.
"I see. I do have something cooked up in case Saria needs medicine," Relio said.
"You always have been good with making medicine using herbs and berries, Relio," Leaf said. Relio nods. She reaches into her satchel and lightly touches the slingshot within.

Inside the Deku Tree, Link makes his way back down to the Deku Root Cavern. At the entrance, Link stops and takes a deep breath. Pulling out his sword and shield, he steps into the cavern. He looks around the room, keeping an eye out for the giant monster. Looking up, he spots it crawling around on the ceiling.

"There you are, monster," Link said. The Gohma drops to the ground with a thud before letting out a screech. "You have harmed the Great Deku Tree for long enough! I will slay you and save Saria as well as the Great Deku Tree!" Link shouts. The Gohma lets out another screech.

Link charges in and swings his sword, only for it to bounce off the Gohma's armored backside. "Uh-Oh," Link mutters in surprise. The Gohma swings a leg at him, knocking him backward. "Ow!" Link shouts as he lands on his back. The Gohma charges towards Link, who rolls out of the way. The Gohma turns to face Link and extends its stinger. "Uh-Oh," Link said. The Gohma lunges and attempts to jab Link with the stinger. With a shout, Link rolls out of the way. Link grabs his sword, which he had dropped, and slashes one of the Gohma's hairy legs, causing it to rear up in pain.

Link swings at the other leg, only for the Gohma to jump backwards before rushing him, knocking him back into the wall. "Ahh!" Link exclaims as his back hits the stone wall. He grips his arm in pain. He looks up as the Gohma creeps closer to him, the slimy silk forming between its two smaller limbs.

"Link, protect your eyes!" A female voice shouts. Instinctively, Link raises his shield in front of his face. There is a flash and the Gohma begins screeching and flailing around, having been blinded by a Deku Nut. Link lowers his shield and stares in confusion. After a moment, he realizes that this is his chance to kill the monster. With a shout, Link runs in and stabs his sword into one of the Gohma's giant yellow eyes, blinding that eye. Link rolls to the side as the Gohma attempts to swing at him.

The Gohma, now very angry, rears up to strike, only for a rock to slam it in the face. Link charges in and stabs the Gohma in the unprotected underside of its abdomen, causing the Gohma extreme pain. The Gohma, now weakened, can only helplessly flail its limbs at Link.

"Finish it, Link!" Comes a shout. Link leaps onto the Gohma's back, only to be tossed off, as the Gohma flails violently. A second rock into the face stuns the Gohma long enough for Link to limp over to the Gohma and jam his sword right through the head. The Gohma reared up in pain, knocking Link backwards once again. "Ahh! Ow…That…That hurt," he said, with a pained expression on his face. He sits up as he watches the Gohma flail, blood leaking out of the wounds. With one final screech, the Gohma drops dead. After a moment, it slowly fades to nothingness, leaving behind Link's Sword, which is stained by the Gohma's blood.

With a sigh, Link lies down and closes his eyes. "I…I did it. I really did it," he said. He can feel his heart pounding. After a few moments, a hand touches his. A warm and gentle touch. He opens his eyes to see Relio smiling at him. "R-Relio? What are doing here?" Link asks.
"I was concerned about you and Saria. I thought you would have brought her back by now. I saw you go in the tree. I thought you had been in here already," she replied as she applied some herbal medicine to Link's injuries.

"I did…I did come in here…That thing…Almost got me. I got away. I got the…courage to come back. Thanks to a dream…from the Deku Tree," Link said, still slightly exhausted.
"I sense Navi. She is in here," Leaf said. She looks around the room. "Navi! It's safe now! You can come out!" After a moment, Navi emerges from her hiding among the roots and flies over to the group.
"Sorry, I left you behind," Link said.
"I tried to follow, but that thing just kept trying to grab me," Navi said.
Link attempts to stand up. "Please rest, Link. I will get Saria," Relio said. Link nods.
"Ok," Link said. He lies back down and closes his eyes.
Relio runs over to where Saria is bound. As she approached, Saria opens her eyes. "Mother?" She asks, her eyes blurry.

"Yes. I will get you out of here, my dear," Relio said. She pulls out a dagger and begins cutting the webs, being careful not to hurt Saria. Once Saria is free, Relio picks her up, feeling the remains of the sticky webs on Saria's skin and clothing. "You are safe now, Saria," She said, tears forming in her eyes.

Relio carries Saria over to Link, who has now gotten back on his feet and cleaning his sword, knowing that the area is safe. "Hi," he said, with a smile. "I guess it's my turn to look after you," he said.
"I guess it is," Saria said with a tired smile.
"What about the tree? Its roots were injured by that thing," Relio said as she looked around.
"I noticed that myself," Saria said, with a slight cough

"That's ok. We Forest Fairies can heal it. After all, it's our duty to care for the tree," Leaf said.
Navi nods. "Yeah. We have the power to restore plants to full health in these situations. While plants will eventually wither and die, we will heal those that were severely harmed," she said.
"Ready, Navi?" Leaf asks, looking at her. Navi nods in response. The two then began flying around, spreading magical sparkles around the room. The three Kokiri watch with joy as the bite and scratch marks fade away. Once they finished, they two Fairies flew back to the three.
"The tree will live. He told us so," Navi said.
"That's wonderful!" Relio said happily.
Just then, the group is surrounded by spiraling green light.

Last edited:
After a moment, the light fades to reveal that they are now outside the Deku Tree, which is starting to regain its normal brown color.
"He feels energy returning to him," Leaf said.
"He teleported us back out here," Navi said.
"Thank you, Great Deku Tree," Relio said, looking up at the tree.

At this point, Link notices that Relio has Saria's satchel as well as her own. "Where did you find her bag?" he asks. "She must have dropped it when that Gohma got her. It was in the tunnel," Relio replies.

"How did I miss it? I went through there three times! Granted, the second time I was fleeing in terror and the third time I was so determined to slay the thing that I missed it," Link said.

After a moment, Relio places Saria on the warm and soft grass. "What happened?" Relio asks as she pulls out a jar of herbal medicine from her satchel so that she can tend to Saria's injuries.
"Well, I went to the tree to gather sap, since you said I could do so," Saria said, as she recalled the events of earlier that day.

"Mother, Can I please go gather the sap this time?" Saria asked.
Relio turned and smiles at her. "I can tell you are 100% devoted to our work. You have learned so much. You have done really well, and I am proud of you. Today, it is your turn to gather sap," she replied, placing her hands on the girl's shoulders.

Saria warmly embraces Relio. "Thank you, mother," she said. She heads into the other room and grabs a glass jar from a cabinet, as well as a small cutting knife that is used to get sap from the Deku Tree's roots. Once she places them into her satchel, Saria heads outside and climbs down the ladder to the ground below the treehouse that she lives in.

Saria skips along the path to the meadow, going through the hollow tree tunnel. On the other side, she looks up at the enormous Deku Tree. "Wow," she said, awed by the sheer size of it. She walks along the dirt path, her heart pounding. She has been waiting for this day for a long time.

Inside the tree, Saria makes her way to the hole in the middle of the room and climbs down to the bottom. As she made her way along the tunnel, she noticed that there were some webs around. After a bit, she decides to just ignore it and continued onward.

"Once I entered the cave, I went to get sap. I did notice that the roots looked a bit odd as I filled the jar," Saria said.
"The Gohma then attacked you?" Link asked.
"Yes. I felt some sap fall onto my shoulder. I looked up and there it was. I ran in terror, the Gohma chasing me down. I started climbing up, but that thing managed to get me with its webbing. I could not break free no matter how hard I tried. Then it stung me and that is all I remember before waking up to see mother there," Saria replied.
"You are safe now, Saria. That's all that matter to us," Link said with a smile.
"Link is right. That Gohma is dead now and won't harm anyone again," Relio said.

Once Saria's injuries are taken care of, Relio lifts her up and carries her back to the village, Link following behind her. Over the next two days, Link stops by Saria's home to check on her while she continues to recover. A few days later, the Deku Tree regains its normal brown color, the leaves becoming their normal green color as well.

The End

Last edited:
I was reading this anyway before you review gamed, again, but not my call to make whether it's cool you can immediately request another one. But what I can do is give you a review anyway because review week.

C1
- Botanists, huh? That's a different sort of take on the Kokori
- And here I thought if you got lost in the Lost Woods it just dumped you back at the town entrance
- 16 years old?! This is not the Link I remember. But given they're Hylian Botonists, I guess it makes more sense
- Well Mido is a lot more rude here
- Quite a different first meeting with Navi, and the dungeon changed from DESTINY to incidental heroism

C2
- Also a bit belated but Link is certainly not silent here. Probably for the best
- Decent opening description Also hey at least he doesn't have to dive onto a spider web
- Tree Sap capitalized? Is that a key item or typo?
- WOW YOU COWARD LINK. If that scares him off, I wonder what he'd do if he saw a Redead. Also how did he get up the vines that fast?

C3
- And the tree giving a pep talk.
- Jesus says, believe in me. The Great Deku Tree says, BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. Kamina says, BELIEVE IN ME WHO BELIEVES IN YOU
- Link suddenly knows the name of this random forest fairy he hadn't met? Also wow even worse, he ditched Navi. I mean she probably deserves it, but still doesn't reflect well.
- Who's Relio? You suddenly introduce a new character without saying who they are

C4
- It's a generic hero speech, but it is still a heroic speech!
- Should've at least gotten the dungeon item, Link. Or hey, Deku Nuts work really well
- Speaking of, random female voice throws one! Nice shoutout to how the fight actually works
- One of the Gohma's eyes? They only have one, unless they don't here.
- Knocked back by the dying move. At least he didn't die too.
- And there's whoever Relio is. Still don't get who they are.
- Ohhhh, Saria's mother. I figured she might be due to the herbal connection, but might want to state her name in C1 if so
- Real smooth, Link
- Seems the Gohma didn't manage to kill the tree this time around
- And the convenient warp outside

C5
- The initial dialogue in the flashback scene is a bit awkward
- It's a little awkward to be placing this explanation of how it happened at this end
- "And the Gohma is dead and will never hurt anyone ever again"
- I was expecting a bit of shippy scenes here, but there's like nothing.
- And they all lived happily ever after, especially since the threat of Ganondorf doesn't seem to be a thing here, and even so Link may just be content to stay with Saria thereby not letting Ganon into the sacred realm

I don't have much to say about this in conclusion. It was kind of a rushy story with a bit too much telling and not enough showing. In particular, you definitely could've done more to develop Link and Saria's relationship - such as show them interacting beforehand. Instead, they barely interact in the fic at all even after rescuing her, and the ending rings a little hollow without anything happening during it or much in the way of aftermath. Stuff to keep in mind as you write future fics - slow down and let the fic breathe sometimes! It's the little details and character interactions that help people get invested into a story. :>

I'm gonna go ahead and echo what System Error said. I'm not a purist when it comes to "show don't tell," but even so there's too much telling and not enough showing in this story. A good example is your description of the Kokiri Village - you gave what amounts to a verbal map of the village. I'm not interested in how the village is laid out. That's boring to read on its own. A good way to couch these sorts of details is to hide them in sensory descriptions - the gurgle of the creek, the smell of the grass, the chill of the winds blowing in from the Lost Woods. Add a little poetry to your prose and it'll immediately improve.

I will agree with both of you. Character development and interactions are something I need to work on. What are things that you guys could say I did right?

Also, about the connection that Relio is Saria's mother, I do mention that:
16-year-old Link is walking around the village, a Kokiriri Sword and a Wooden Shield strapped to his back. His family is part of a group that seeks to protect the forest from monsters and people who would do harm. As he approached the central square, he spots Saria's mother, looking along the eastern path to the Deku Tree, clearly upset about something. Link approaches her, knowing that something is up.
"Hey Relio, is something wrong?" Link asks.
"Well, I told Saria that today, she can go gather sap for me," Relio replies.
"She hasn't come back yet?" Link asks.
Relio shook her head. "She hasn't. I have not seen her. It's already been thirty minutes. Usually, I'm in and out in two or three minutes, maybe five,"
"Perhaps she is simply taking her time and admiring the Deku Tree? Or maybe she is back, just hanging out with her friends and simply forgot?" Link asks, also starting to get worried.
"I did ask around, but no one has seen her since she went to the Deku Tree," Relio said.
"I'll go find her," Link said after a moment.
"Are you sure?" Relio asks, looking at him.
"Well, she was by my side while I was sick after I was tricked by Mido into eating that mushroom," Link replies.

Also, about him knowing Leaf: What's wrong with that? I guess I could have built up how the two met...
Now I'm wondering if it would have been better to have Navi leave the tree with Link...

Perhaps I could have drawn this out a bit longer. I will also agree that I ended the story a bit too quickly. Thanks for the tips. I am wondering if it would have been better to maybe have a few chapters BEFORE Saria goes to the tree so that the two can interact. Heck, perhaps I could have had both go. I do agree that it is a bit rushed. This is my first completed chapter story in like 4 years (last one was a Wizard of Oz/Pokémon crossover story, which honestly is realy terrible in my opinion [Here's the Link if you want to check it out]). Perhaps I could do a Remake/Alternate Version of this story at some point? Would that be weird?

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom