• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

Do you mean that you jump to far at one point? If that's the case change to the other gear, the bike will be slower and make a smaller jump that way.
Too short (I think) on fast gear
I never tried slow gear tho

Found out they can be found on route 218 with the pokeradar, immediately got one. If/when someone wants a Ditto from another region (for masuda method) I'm willing to trade.
more Pichu?
Imma hold off until I get national dex

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly like these games. As I said before, something doesn't have to be perfect to be good, and that's exactly how I feel about these remakes. Definitely better than the original D&P. In my personal opinion, these games are overhated.
I’m a little more than halfway through the main story in Shining Pearl and feel the same way. Is it the best Pokémon game ever? No, but it’s much closer to that than it is to all the doom and gloom we’ve been seeing/hearing for the last 9 months.

easy Chupi
Wow. Infinite Master Balls and Rare Candies are back.
Catching Legendaries/Starters (Grand Underground after National Dex has been obtained) is going to be easy (but use Quick Balls before exploiting)
Gonna clone a Master Ball before they fix it, just to have done it once ^^

There is a way to see if a wild Pokémon has at least two perfect IVs:

The mechanic was first highlighted by u/Blackpox on Reddit. When encountering a wild Pokemon in Brilliant Diamond or Shining Pearl, the encounter animation may occasionally zoom in on the player’s trainer character, instead of starting by zooming in on the wild Pokemon. When this happens, it means that the wild Pokemon possesses at least 2 Perfect IVs.

(Source: Here's How Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl Let's You Know A Wild Pokemon Has 2 Perfect IVs - NintendoSoup)

Is it bad that I like how the game is kinda buggy? I've always been fond of weirdnesses caused by bugs and thought it's kinda boring that recent pkmn games have been quite bug-free, even if it was technically a good thing.
I don't think it's weird. XD I think it's sad that some of the more amusing but harmless things will probably eventually be patched, because this is hilarious-

Kind of a shame we aren't likely to get more glitched pokemon like Missingno these days, though. Would've been great if the game got confused and gave your pokemon a statue skin or swapped the model with something else. That also would've been patched but I love that kind of stuff and maybe it would've helped nudge them toward releasing more color variants anyway.

Is it bad that I like how the game is kinda buggy? I've always been fond of weirdnesses caused by bugs and thought it's kinda boring that recent pkmn games have been quite bug-free, even if it was technically a good thing.

Perhaps they made it buggy on purpose so it would be a more faithful re-creation of Diamond and Pearl haha. I've never really been a huge fan of glitches (except for the Mew glitch in Gen I), but I can see how playing around with them could be quite nostalgic for people who enjoyed doing that in the older games. I think part of the appeal of glitches is that they can give you a glimpse into the behind-the-scenes of how the game was made (Diamond and Pearl's void glitch revealed unused music, I believe, and Gen I's MissingNo. revealed the unused Bird type).

Last edited:
How about this for a bug... just as I encountered Riley, he promptly disappeared from the overworld, but he would still show up in the double battles; in essence I encountered the ghost of Riley instead . I saved shortly after and rebooted the game. He showed up again in the overworld, but his walking behind me was glitchy as hell, all choppy and jumpy. It was that way all the way until the grunts battle and he giving me the Riolu egg. It was very weird to witness.

Sales data in! 1.4 million sales in 3 days not including digital. Surpassing Swsh so far.
I find this huge success worrying because this gives Game Freak even less of a reason to go all out on a Black/2 White/2 remake. These games are largely considered the crown jewel of mainline Pokemon game stories in terms of characterization, and a remake could connect more plot threads between them for an even greater experience. In true rpg fashion your choices in Black White could affect things that occur in 2 as well.

But where is the incentive for something that ambitious? If content from the enhanced version of an old game is seen as too much of a costly burden with no upside to add, then a sequel taking place in the same region will be seen as even more of a hassle to implement beyond maybe a cheaply made dlc expansion that changes some preexisting battles.

So how's the difficulty?
Pretty good in many points. The rematches can be legitimately challenging, especially the Pokémon League rematches from the second rematch onwards, where Cynthia ties with Red for having the highest-level Pokémon outside of a battle facility. Not to mention all the held items the major Trainers use.

Encountered a very weird issue when attempting to enter a Master-rank Coolness contest with my Toxicroak. I know for a fact that I've completed at least one of every rank prior and earned the 'Star of the Show' each time; I ensured to complete Ultra Rank several times just to make sure I wasn't going crazy, but I still get the message telling me I can't compete in the Master Coolness contest with my Toxicroak, for some reason. I managed to work my Gastrodon all the way up to Master-rank in the Cuteness contests and encountered no issues whatsoever, so I'm just... baffled?

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom