• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Shaymin (signups and discussion)

Apology for the double post, but here is my signup (wall of text warning):
Character's name: Sukong (A very western name, wouldn't you say?)
Character's age: 15
Character's physical appearance: He has curly dark red hair which he sometimes uses to hide his face and Phoenician Purple (#66023C) eyes. They have pale skin, almost like a ghost, which is used in combination with his short stature to sneak up on people. They wear brown clothing that doesn't impede their movement, perfect for a quick getaway. Their quiver is dark red to fit with rest of the outfit.
Character's personality/known history: They're a travelling menace, going from town to town, pranking the usually unassuming townsfolk with the help of their pokemon companion. Thanks to their experience, they are decently charismatic, allowing them to uncover new information through dialogue as well as allowing them to scam people easily. Though he knows that there are some lines that can't be crossed, which is exactly what he thinks the thieves have done, so he joined Jade Flower to make them pay, and also to learn a few tricks along the way.
Character's known Pokémon, if any: his trusty Zorua (shadow), nicknamed Kiun, who Sukong met while the poor fox was getting beaten up by a few townspeople because she (Kiun) stole some food, so Sukong made the townspeople chase him to drive them away from the pokemon. After losing the townspeople, Sukong came back to the Zorua to mend her wounds. After this event, the two became an inseparable duo, with Kiun using her illusory abilities to help with Sukong's pranks, eventually causing some towns to start to belevie that a rogue spirit was going around pranking people.
Character's preferred style: Archery, since it is useful to activate traps, or to drive away dangers. The arrows come both in sharp and flat variants, in case you don't want to hurt anyone and only draw their attention.
Character's school/sect: while he has picked a few things from the various schools and sects he has seen, he's mostly just a wandering warrior.

@LightningTopaz
I assume that you will be the one who has the ultimate decision on what happens during the roleplay? What I mean is: You have the final say on what happens, right? Like, we can't deviate from the story unless you are ok with what someone has in mind.

@LightningTopaz
Are we allowed to do subplots for our characters? Like, could I have a bit of a subplot going for my character that involves seeking revenge against his brother? Obviously, I will try to keep it from getting too crazy and overtaking the main story.

I don’t want to put this in the main thread, so I’ll put it here:

Oooh we’re starting. I’ve never done something like this before, so I’m not sure how best to begin.
Same here, I'll see how I'll make my character enter the story. Maybe he could overhear the others talking about the quest for the blooms and offer to join in.

Came up with something distinct. Thought it up after analyzing the others and trying to come up something else, may be a little silly but

Name: Shugoha no Tsumugi (or simply Tsumugi)
Physical appearance: A short girl of around 150cm, with hair as pink as spring blossoms and eyes as azure as the sky (as she puts it). She wears a purple shitagi beneath her armor, kind of samurai-ish.
Personality/History: The self-styled ‘princess’ (not actually a princess) and middle daughter of the Shugoha family. She's an eager, happy-go-lucky girl with a heroism streak. As her older sister was expecting and her younger sister is too young, her family reluctantly called upon Tsumugi to serve Jade Flower on her quest. While lacking in maturity, she has no shortage of skill, and brings a dose of heart to any company she's in.
Known Pokemon: Ivysaur (Hana), Scyther (Kaze)
Prefered style: Wields a lance, no mere naginata! She dabbles in the Wind, Wood, and Moon ki. While inept with them individually, she can combine them into her trademark attack: the Kachou Fuugetsu Strike.
School/sect: The Shugoha family - or Guardian Blades - are an affluent family with connections to various major clans. Besides bodyguards, they are renowned as peacekeepers and community leaders throughout the land. Uninhibited by traditional gender roles, there have been many female warriors such as Tsumugi throughout their history.

Last edited:
@more than a torchic
I saw your post in the roleplay thread. I think the character that @LightningTopaz is describing in their post is Jade Flower and not a random person.

@System Error
Your character is interesting and different from the rest of us. The rest of us are wandering warriors, while yours is not. I wonder how your character will develop.

@System Error how does the Shugoha family view the shadow ki/element/type? And what about your character? Considering that from what I've seen two members of our group use shadow in some way (me and greninjaman), I'd say it's better to know in advance this kind of thing. Of course, you can reveal it during the introduction of your character or during the roleplay itself (though I advise you reveal it early on).

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom