• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Avatar and Signature Check Thread

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Hi everyone! In order to consolidate the number of pinned threads here in Garden Grotto we've decided to do a bit of rework to make the forum look more pleasant and less overwhelming. One of the changes we'll be making to help declutter things is combine the avatar and signature check threads into one. This should help the pinned thread list look a little neater, and you'll have a single place to get help with any avatar and signature questions you might have. Thanks for understanding. :bulbaLove:

Signature Rules
  • Total signature height, including text, should not exceed 160 pixels.
  • Total file size for all images put together should not exceed 500 kilobytes.
  • Spoiler tags and scroll bars are not allowed.
  • You're allowed one extra line to credit the artist(s) of your avatar and signature. The rest of the signature should be within the 160 pixels in height limit.
  • Staff are allowed bigger signatures as a thank-you for their service: 220 pixels in height and 600 kilobytes in filesize.
Note: There is no maximum width rule! Just please keep the above rules regarding everything else in mind.

While there are no individual guidelines for avatars, please ensure they comply with the global Bulbagarden rules. That means no excessive blood, gore, oversexualized images, imagery associated with hate movements, etc. If you're not sure if your avatar is within the limits, please ask here and one of the staff will take a look.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Staff
I've added some more stuff to my signature--is it still okay?
(and my avatar is ok, right)

Ahh, so sorry for the delay! I must have missed this post. @_@

If the signature you have now is the same one you were asking about, then yes, sadly it's a bit too big. Not counting the line crediting the user who made your signature and banner, it's around 188-190 pixels total, which is 28-30 pixels too tall. You can probably be within the limit if you remove two lines of text, but best to check in here again when you update it anyway so we can double check!

The avatar's fine (y)

• Staff
Okay, so... Does this signature fit the guidelines?

Sadly no, you can't even fit one line of text before it goes over the 160 pixels tall limit. =( If you can resize the image height down 6-7 pixels then you should be able to fit one line of text at least! But not two.

Is my image too big? I reduced the size of the instertion text, but no dice. Do I actually have to resize the file? Or maybe it’s fine at this size?
Also how do I get coloured text?
Cheers.

I decided to not make 3 new spaces for each line of text, just added one piece of text, is this OK>

Nope, quite big sadly, you'll need to remove 2 lines of text for it to be within the limit. D:

Is my image too big? I reduced the size of the instertion text, but no dice. Do I actually have to resize the file? Or maybe it’s fine at this size?
Also how do I get coloured text?
Cheers.

Sadly too big! The image alone is 160 pixels tall, and that's the tallest a signature can be.

When inserting and then clicking an image in your edit signature page you should see little boxes in the corners that you can click and drag, which will change its size. If you're struggling with that and don't have any image editing programs there are plenty of online image resizers out there that can do it for you quickly too - just have to do a quick Google search. If you resize the image to around 140 pixels tall, the one line of text should be fine to have with it. For changing text color, just click the little canvas icon!

Nope, quite big sadly, you'll need to remove 2 lines of text for it to be within the limit. D:

Sadly too big! The image alone is 160 pixels tall, and that's the tallest a signature can be.

When inserting and then clicking an image in your edit signature page you should see little boxes in the corners that you can click and drag, which will change its size. If you're struggling with that and don't have any image editing programs there are plenty of online image resizers out there that can do it for you quickly too - just have to do a quick Google search. If you resize the image to around 140 pixels tall, the one line of text should be fine to have with it. For changing text color, just click the little canvas icon!
Ok. I was on mobile so I will check desktop.

Back
Top Bottom