• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN097: Yadoking! Curry Encounter!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, the original was the best segmented episode.
I mean, it doesn't say much because all segmented episodes so far have been awful, so I guess it was more like the least awful rather than the best.

Why are they bringing this back?

Seriously what the hell were they thinking. JN026 was one of the most cringeworthy episodes ever. The Slowking segment was nothing more than one overly long cringeworthy gag. It did not need a rehash. Even worse, its a full episode instead of a 2-in-1. This is a big huge skip for me. I'm sure its gonna wind up in the pile of worst Journeys episodes, and there's already a lot.

Imo, they should have done this with Jessie and James or at least include them in the episode as well. Make Ash and Goh the Galarian Forms and them the Original forms and then have a rap battle, with Wobby and Pikachu as the judges and Meowth the translator for the scores.
Um, why does Meowth need to translate? Pokemon can understand humans, and the humans are the ones who're rapping.
But that's actually an awesome idea overall

Sadly I disagree but accept that this is your opinion

Doesn't help that I can't stand the Galarian Slowpoke line's design
I was talking about the whole episode. The Magikarp bit was a bit funny.
It's just that the other segmented episodes literally have no redeeming qualities.

The first absolutely trashy plot has arrived.
At least all the previous ones were messed up during execution or ended up not delivering.

Not counting the half-episodes, since those aren't full-fledged.

Nobody should watch this, unless they want to suffer the cringe.
I personally found the original Slowpoke half-episode funny. It was up to my taste of humor, so this should be too.

Reactions: Jez
You know, for a second I read the title as “Nidoking” and got excited that this would maybe cycle back to JN’s premiere with Mew and Kangaskhan, then reality settled in.

A thought just dawned on me. This episode is most likely set in Galar given the appearance of Galarian Slowking and it pertaining to curry, a major dish in the games. But given the musical element to it from the looks of the preview, what if this is the episode that Marnie and Piers debut in?

Round 2 for this hectic Slowking's Crown Nonsense. I hope that at least Ash get's his own Slowpoke of either one (Galarian Hopefully) - and for Goh the other Slowpoke. Though this is strongly unlikely for Ash.

A thought just dawned on me. This episode is most likely set in Galar given the appearance of Galarian Slowking and it pertaining to curry, a major dish in the games. But given the musical element to it from the looks of the preview, what if this is the episode that Marnie and Piers debut in?
Actually that's wrong

Its confirmed that they're going back to that Slowbro Island from episode 26

Actually that's wrong

Its confirmed that they're going back to that Slowbro Island from episode 26
Oh well then in that case, this episode gets no potential saving grace and into the trash it goes. What is with these writers and debuting Galar Pokémon outside of Galar when it barely gets any showing as is?

What is with these writers and debuting Galar Pokémon outside of Galar when it barely gets any showing as is?
Idk man I really don't.

Remember when Inteleon and Grookey (and Rillaboom technically) were introduced in Kanto???

Inteleon's case being particularly egregious because the episode right after that one took place in Galar (Galarian Ponyta)?!
So there was ultimately no real reason why Inteleon's debut ep couldn't have in Galar as well?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom