• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN094: The Heracros Loss and the Kailios in Love

Ngl I was into the first half. They intertwined Goh and Chloe's goals and gave us continuity with Ash. It got kinda boring when TR showed up tho, also weird how empty the class was. But this wasn't as bad as I was expecting at first.

Instead of a flashback, or alongside it, Gloom appearing to greet Ash with respect would have emphasized on Ash's character growth more than only telling it, actually. But nevertheless, it was nice to see a flashback either way. A justification battle that didn't take place in the original episode to end a controversial topic all along would have left a better impression overall. But still, I love the focus of Goh caring and doing his best for his Pokémon's feelings. I love how he was not sided when he mentioned he could not force Heracross to befriend one better than the other, and instead he tried to help them improve their feelings.

Overall a decent episode with a bunch of missed opportunities.

What a decent episode especially the return of Team Rocket after their absence a month. Creatively little flower contest until being ruined by the trio. Last but not least, at the end of female Pinsir fell in love with Heracross and grab it with it pincers ended everybody else in laugh.

Overall rating: B+

Not really a spectacular episode, but an ok one.
I mean, a "Pokemon Flower Arrangement" class isn't exactly what I'd burn to join, but if it helps the plot, oh well, never mind.
For me the best scene was when Ash had the idea of "decorating" Pikachu with that chain of lights, which I think was pretty creative. As for the rest of the episode, it was alright. And now I think it's time to move on to the next one.

Decent episode. I like to suggest that instead of Team Rocket steal plot, have Gloom (or Vileplume/Bellossom) interact with Ash, setting up a possible rematch of Ash VS Erika. There's a few Gym Leaders I wish Ash would face again, along with Drayden and Marlon.

Interesting that Ash fought a leafeon in this timeline.
Would've liked to see a flashback to that.

I wonder what caused the fire he helped save pokemon from.
All these interesting vague lore drops and instantly forgotten about.
The Pokémon anime is one single timeline. We have lots of evidence for it.

Let's give this one a go. Thought time!

• Look....I won't lie, offscreen captures are just....like with Goh I don't like random catches taking up screentime, I don't like it when he's around mons he should be catching he doesn't, and I don't like offscreen catches. Poor Goh....and everytime I try to reflect that I seem to get into TV trope edit wars. Stupid Jackpot....he's TV tropes Vinyl but replace the troll with near nuclear edit warring...
  • I really like Liligant, hope the episode doesn't do her dirty. Many White playthroughs....and hey they remember the species as a attraction focus alongside the old Gardevoir and Lopunny staples. Good(?)
  • Does that mean most of Goh's team are male or lesbians?
  • Appreciate Ash being able to remember/pick up that Pinsir isn't really a battler by nature. Nice show of how he can keep in mind that not every Pokemon likes battling. Meanwhile old Feeby seemed happy to battle...
  • On Ash's bit about training Pinsir, I can see the idea of confidence building. Be confident, and seize your man back in battle!
  • Goh knows Ash has gym badges, should be surprised....eh perhaps Journeys is keeping Gary's 10 badges and assumes Ash could have bothered someone else
  • The jokes about the assistants who actually banned Ash being fired write themselves
  • Erika is so grafetul there isn't more context given
  • I feel like the perfume bit is a anime only bit, never remember that in the games. Nice little subtle reference anime.
  • Flower arrangement is something I never quite got.....it is also probably older than recent.
  • ....Team Rocket cringe error
  • I feel like Journeys Ash has a underappreciated artistic talent in a chaotic sort of way. Someone have a chart for the X-Ash's traits that come and go?
  • Goh and Ash are actually on high game today when it comes to ideas. As said even Ash's 'silly' idea had merit and Goh made Grookey actually useful.
  • So either those Rocket mons are at Great Class levels or Goh really could let Ash train his reserves more. I doubt they don't train themselves but some actual directed work is probably helpful
  • And on the idea of Ash's idea having merit....tanking the laser did a lot to fix it. So strength and action was a valid solution

Does that mean most of Goh's team are male or lesbians?
Unless the Pokémon has an explicit Gender difference (like Garchomp's back fin or Nidoran) or is very feminine in appearance (like Sylveon), the Anime usually tends to default all Pokémon as Male.

The only exceptions that come to mind are Cameron's Female Samurott, the one-shot Male Delcatty, and Eevee

The Gender Ratio seems to be pretty evenly split on Eevee, leaning moreso towards Female even. Serena and Chloe's Eevees are both Female, Lana's Eevee is the only explicitly confirmed Male, since May's Eevee was Unknown (this was before Eevee got the Gender difference)

Some things I didn't wrote down the first time:

- I feel like Meowth should have more of a reaction when he walked into Chloe. I mean, he was thinking about leaving TR for her and to sacrifice his freedom. Hmmm, guess he is over his infatuation of her.

- The Leafeon parfum is a nice touch to continue the parfume line Erika already had way back in the OS.

- Pinsir taking the solarbeam for Heracross... It gave me Gohan/Piccolo vibes.

- Not even a cameo from Morpekko. :/ I know it would be hard to use him when being undercover (however, a young man and woman with a Meowth and Wobbuffet... In real life Ash should have some doubts ;) ), but afterwards. I guess even thought it is a powerfull Pokémon TRio is afraid of it's hungermode. Morpekko can be a coinflip, it can be useful but it can also ruin everything and send TRio blasting off himself.

I’d rather they redirect their energy into featuring Galar Gym leaders, low-key or otherwise.
We should still see more old Gym leaders since most of them are not going to be in the PWC anyway

We should still see more old Gym leaders since most of them are not going to be in the PWC anyway
Well, that's true, but you’re specifically talking about Kanto gym leaders. Any character from Kanto is guaranteed to come back any time later in the franchise just because they’re from… Kanto. Meanwhile Galar is being neglected in its own generation and their gym leaders have less of a chance to ever be featured again.

Well, that's true, but you’re specifically talking about Kanto gym leaders. Any character from Kanto is guaranteed to come back any time later in the franchise just because they’re from… Kanto. Meanwhile Galar is being neglected in its own generation and their gym leaders have less of a chance to ever be featured again.
Like not counting Misty/Brock or Giovanni, none of the Kanto Gym leaders ever reappeared after the first season ended. It's not like they always got special treatment. Erika also only ever got 1 episode in Kanto, so her return just now was only her second episode of the entire series even after 23 years.

I get the feeling that Kanto Gym leader silhouette in the beginning means we might see them all appear in minor roles. I think Koga, Blaine, Sabrina etc.might appear too even if they're not in the PWC and just appear for fillers. We know all Galar Gym leaders will appear eventually so it's not like it negates anyone else from appearing.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom