• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion (older seasons)

Any idea who voiced the ramen shop owner in DP001's dub? Sounds familiar but I can't put my figure on who it is.

(This is TPCi's official upload, so I assume it's okay to link to this.)

@RetroPokeFan and I made a few recent discoveries about early XY's dub.

• We were pondering about who might have voiced Lord Shabboneau in XY018, and he had a hunch that Tyler Bunch (aka "H.D. Quinn") might have voiced him. After reaching out to Tyler Bunch himself on Twitter, he confirmed it! Meanwhile, we inferred that Bill Tost, who is also credited in the episode, likely voiced Shabboneau's butler.
  • It turns out Dan Green briefly returning to voice Rodman in XY022 was nothing more than an unsubstantiated rumor, as he's not credited and the character sounds nothing like him. We concluded that Rodman was most likely actually voiced by Tom Wayland, and Marc Thompson voiced the gentleman with the Chatot that appears earlier in the episode.
  • We hypothesized that Kayleigh from XY047 was voiced by Eileen Stevens, although it's hard to know for sure since the character has only one line of dialogue.
  • Clarice was voiced in XY060 (back when she was called "Clarissa") by Emily Bauer (Emily Jenness), not Lisa Ortiz, as it's a dead ringer for her Dawn voice. However, I think Lisa Ortiz might have voiced Blanche, another performer, but that's just a guess since she's only heard laughing.

@RetroPokeFan and I made a few recent discoveries about early XY's dub.

• We were pondering about who might have voiced Lord Shabboneau in XY018, and he had a hunch that Tyler Bunch (aka "H.D. Quinn") might have voiced him. After reaching out to Tyler Bunch himself on Twitter, he confirmed it! Meanwhile, we inferred that Bill Tost, who is also credited in the episode, likely voiced Shabboneau's butler.
  • It turns out Dan Green briefly returning to voice Rodman in XY022 was nothing more than an unsubstantiated rumor, as he's not credited and the character sounds nothing like him. We concluded that Rodman was most likely actually voiced by Tom Wayland, and Marc Thompson voiced the gentleman with the Chatot that appears earlier in the episode.
  • We hypothesized that Kayleigh from XY047 was voiced by Eileen Stevens, although it's hard to know for sure since the character has only one line of dialogue.
  • Clarice was voiced in XY060 (back when she was called "Clarissa") by Emily Bauer (Emily Jenness), not Lisa Ortiz, as it's a dead ringer for her Dawn voice. However, I think Lisa Ortiz might have voiced Blanche, another performer, but that's just a guess since she's only heard laughing.
Certainly strange that the same character had two different names and two different voice actors, then again a late character had the same

Tim Werenko, one of the dub's producers from season 11 to season 18, better known among Pokémon fans for voicing Dawn's Piloswine, confirmed to me that he also voiced Murkrow and Honchkrow during his time on the series. Up until now, Bulbapedia and other sites have listed Bill Rogers for one or both of those roles, but I noticed that Tim Werenko was credited for voicework on many episodes where Honchkrow appears and one episode where Murkrow did (as well as both PokéPark games, where they also appear) so I had a hunch he might have been the actual voice actor. So I reached out to him on Twitter and got a confirmation!

Murkrow also appeared in season 10, but there it appears that archive clips from the 4Kids era were used to voice it.

Tim Werenko, one of the dub's producers from season 11 to season 18, better known among Pokémon fans for voicing Dawn's Piloswine, confirmed to me that he also voiced Murkrow and Honchkrow during his time on the series. Up until now, Bulbapedia and other sites have listed Bill Rogers for one or both of those roles, but I noticed that Tim Werenko was credited for voicework on many episodes where Honchkrow appears and one episode where Murkrow did (as well as both PokéPark games, where they also appear) so I had a hunch he might have been the actual voice actor. So I reached out to him on Twitter and got a confirmation!

Murkrow also appeared in season 10, but there it appears that archive clips from the 4Kids era were used to voice it.

Good find! Now we just need to find out who was Murkrow during the 4Kids days.

With Murkrow now being voiced by Marc Thompson, I'm guessing Tim Werenko has left the series full time

We also believe that Carmen Borgia voiced Golem, at least during Diamond and Pearl

Murkrow wasn't voiced by Maddie Blaustien during the 4kids days?
The credits of one of the Chronicles episodes (Trouble in Big Town) point to Jerry Lobozzo voicing it. I'm not sure if that was just a Chronicles thing though and Maddie voiced it in the main series (Chronicles did have some weird casting choices) or perhaps Lobozzo did voice it in the main series and Maddie took over in late AG (where Lobozzo wasn't credited, and evidence suggests Chronicles was dubbed partway through Advanced Challenge and before Advanced Battle).

The credits of one of the Chronicles episodes (Trouble in Big Town) point to Jerry Lobozzo voicing it. I'm not sure if that was just a Chronicles thing though and Maddie voiced it in the main series (Chronicles did have some weird casting choices) or perhaps Lobozzo did voice it in the main series and Maddie took over in late AG (where Lobozzo wasn't credited, and evidence suggests Chronicles was dubbed partway through Advanced Challenge and before Advanced Battle).
I didn't think the chronicle episodes had separate credits. I thought each pokemon project had a generic cast listing.

I didn't think the chronicle episodes had separate credits. I thought each pokemon project had a generic cast listing.
The first six seasons were like that, but later seasons as well as the movies and specials (Chronicles included) do have separate credits, though they don't specify who voiced who. Still, it makes things a lot easier because you can narrow things down (though there's still quite a few cases of voice actors being accidentally credited in episodes they don't appear in, or accidentally or purposely left uncredited despite appearing in an episode).

Does anybody know who voiced Treecko in the 4Kids era? Most websites I’ve been on say it’s Dan Green, and it would be really funny if it was, but I’m not sure it sounds like him.

Back
Top Bottom