• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The great catastrophe theory

Reaction score
Ok so I haven't played through the Crown Tundra arc in Sword and shield. I lost my data when my sister accidentally broke the switch so I may not fully understand everything about the 'Rider trio' as I'm dubbing it.

So I watched a video that was Calyrex's theme and people talked about Spectriee and Glactrier once having an incident that gave them the forms they have now.

If you've obtained the first ever event Keldeo you would likely know it had parents at one point in time and lost them to a wildfire.

The swords of justice are catchable in the crown tundra and it leads me to believe there's some connections. Maybe there's a connection between Galar and Unova that no one's looked into enough.

My theory is Keldeo's parents have a past similar to the legendary beasts ( prior to being burned alive ). I mean Glactrier and Spectriee even have missing eyes ( Spectrier lacking ankles).What points more to my theory is the 'merging' between Calyrex and the two steeds being similar to Kyurem and Reshiram or Zekrom.

I don't think this is talked about enough and I've thought about it a while back. If anyone has anything to add on please let me know.

The swords of justice are catchable in the crown tundra and it leads me to believe there's some connections. Maybe there's a connection between Galar and Unova that no one's looked into enough.
Maybe Unova was a colony of Galar before the Unovans rose in revolution against what they perceived as the tyranny of the Galarian king.

Wait...

Maybe Unova was a colony of Galar before the Unovans rose in revolution against what they perceived as the tyranny of the Galarian king.

Wait...
The pokemon world has had lots of retcons. Such as a Hitler not existing because that would be very controversial and plain weird. What do you think about my keldeo/Spectrier/glacier theory?

My only real problem with the theory is that visually speaking, we have a much better match for Keldeo's parent Pokemon: Galarian and/or Kantonian Rapidash.

1650236761191.png
1650236774287.png
1650236903675.png

Both feature a horn on their head (Spectrier lacks this), longer manes (Glastrier lacks this), and multiple present coat colors (moreso Galarian Rapidash than Kantonian). Kantonian Rapidash has a better match to Keldeo's coat color as well.

I see where you're going with the whole 'post-mortem Keldeo's parents became Glastrier and Spectrier', but Keldeo's parents don't have to be Legendary - and besides, both of these theories could well be true. If Keldeo had a Kantonian and a Galarian Rapidash for parents, the Kantonian Rapidash could have become Glastrier (flames snuffed out/froze into ice) and the Galarian Rapidash could have become Spectrier (Fairy/Psychic energies instead became Ghost energies). Even the Type matchups make some sense here, if one considers them as 'opposites'...

That reminds me of TheNationalDex's old theory that legendaries were "ascended" forms of regular Pokémon. It was a bit fanficky, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom