• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Edit Request(s)

1623895024685.png
1623894158655.png 1623894172980.png
Is this sprite already in use anywhere on Bulbapedia? I'm trying to update the Athlon opponents sprites, but I can't find this sprite in the archives anywhere. It's used on two opponents.

Last edited:
The current picture of Hisuian Growlithe, that was upload 13 hours and 13 minutes ago, has rash editing, because you can see that person used white background to remove extra white outlining, because it forget remove that white background from between frontal legs where original artwork shows that there is nothing and should be transparent background!

Last edited:
The current picture of Hisuian Growlithe, that was upload 13 hours and 13 minutes ago, has rash editing, because you can see that person used white background to remove extra white outlining, because it forget remove that white background from between frontal legs where original artwork shows that there is nothing and should be transparent background!
Still image is not fixed...

It literally just got announced today lol, sometimes it takes a bit for an admin to be on and make the change.
I know, but last time when posted thread for Wyrdeer and Basculigion they reacted same day, but this time still no edit for Kleavor there.

Yanmega's Origin section mentions:
Its species name suggests it is based on a green darner.

First, 'darner' is not specific to a species, it is an entire family of dragonflies.

But my point is that Yanmega's species actually means it is based on the Anotogaster sieboldii. In japanese, it is known as oniyanma/オニヤンマ which translates literally to ogre darner (Yanmega's species in japanese is onitonbo/オニトンボ, with tonbo being the japanese term for dragonflies in general instead of darners specifically).

I was looking through the wiki and I realized we have pages for both The Pokémon Company Art-team and The Pokémon Company Art Team. Art Team is credited with the art for 7 cards, including 4 cards in the Pokémon Futsal Collection. The only reason it isn't credited with the fifth, Sobble on the Ball, is that Sobble doesn't have a page on the wiki, so as a side note I think we should add one. Meanwhile, Art-team is only credited using vague terms like "File Collection Eevee Collection," which is supposed to say "Eevee Collection Collection File." I was wondering what was causing this difference so I did some digging. Here's what I found.

Unsurprisingly, the two artists are the same. The reason for this difference is that the name printed on the English and Japanese versions of cards is different. English is Art Team and Japanese is Art-team. For example, here's English Leafeon, Flareon, and Eevee versus Japanese Leafeon, Flareon, and Eevee. I would also like to point out this version of Pokémon Center, which was only released in Japanese and therefore only has an Art-team version.

So what do we do? I looked through some of the other artists and couldn't find any similar discrepancies between languages, nor could I find anything in a quick skim of the Manual of Style. Personally, I think we should use the English Art Team name, as this is an English-language wiki, and delete the Art-team version. We also need to update the card list for whichever version we choose. These are the cards I've found so far: the Futsal cards (Pikachu on the Ball; Eevee on the Ball; Grookey on the Ball; Scorbunny on the Ball; and Sobble on the Ball, which we have no page for, so I used an image I found), the Special Delivery cards (Pikachu, Charizard, and Bidoof), 8 cards reprinted for the Eevee Collection Collection File as part of the 2012 Pokémon Center Eevee Collection campaign (Leafeon, Flareon, Vaporeon, Glaceon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, and Eevee), and a Japanese only reprint of Pokémon Center (Base Set 85). I'd also like to point out that merchandise released for the campaign also used the art put on the cards.

I figured that a change like this shouldn't be made without discussion, so I thought I'd post this here to see what you all think. Hopefully we can figure this out and get it fixed quickly.

There is a contradiction regarding Sandshrew's game-exclusive availability. This is also true with Ekans.

As stated, in their respective pages, Sandshrew is only available in Shining Pearl and Ekans is only available in Brilliant Diamond, but in the actual Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl pages, they are swapped.

Sandshrew line.JPG

Ekans line.JPG

Contradictions.JPG

I was looking through the wiki and I realized we have pages for both The Pokémon Company Art-team and The Pokémon Company Art Team. Art Team is credited with the art for 7 cards, including 4 cards in the Pokémon Futsal Collection. The only reason it isn't credited with the fifth, Sobble on the Ball, is that Sobble doesn't have a page on the wiki, so as a side note I think we should add one. Meanwhile, Art-team is only credited using vague terms like "File Collection Eevee Collection," which is supposed to say "Eevee Collection Collection File." I was wondering what was causing this difference so I did some digging. Here's what I found.

Unsurprisingly, the two artists are the same. The reason for this difference is that the name printed on the English and Japanese versions of cards is different. English is Art Team and Japanese is Art-team. For example, here's English Leafeon, Flareon, and Eevee versus Japanese Leafeon, Flareon, and Eevee. I would also like to point out this version of Pokémon Center, which was only released in Japanese and therefore only has an Art-team version.

So what do we do? I looked through some of the other artists and couldn't find any similar discrepancies between languages, nor could I find anything in a quick skim of the Manual of Style. Personally, I think we should use the English Art Team name, as this is an English-language wiki, and delete the Art-team version. We also need to update the card list for whichever version we choose. These are the cards I've found so far: the Futsal cards (Pikachu on the Ball; Eevee on the Ball; Grookey on the Ball; Scorbunny on the Ball; and Sobble on the Ball, which we have no page for, so I used an image I found), the Special Delivery cards (Pikachu, Charizard, and Bidoof), 8 cards reprinted for the Eevee Collection Collection File as part of the 2012 Pokémon Center Eevee Collection campaign (Leafeon, Flareon, Vaporeon, Glaceon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, and Eevee), and a Japanese only reprint of Pokémon Center (Base Set 85). I'd also like to point out that merchandise released for the campaign also used the art put on the cards.

I figured that a change like this shouldn't be made without discussion, so I thought I'd post this here to see what you all think. Hopefully we can figure this out and get it fixed quickly.
I haven't gotten any responses to this, so I'll enact the changes myself as much as I can. I'm of course still open for feedback, so just say something if you have any advice/problems.

Edit: I've made the changes that I could. All that's really left is to delete The Pokémon Company Art-team and create Sobble on the Ball. I added the DiscussDelete template to Art-team, so I can't do anything more.

Last edited:
Iawn BulbaBoys™!
Since S&S's setting of Galar is based on the UK, it makes sense that the Pokémon added in S&S would be based on UK culture and history etc.
I realised that Wooloo sounds an awful lot like Woolos - the english name of Gwynllyw, the legendary Welsh King who founded the city of Newport, and father to Saint Cadoc the Wise. Given that Wooloo is also a sheep, an animal very strongly associated with Wales by other British peoples, I think it's possible Wooloo's name may be a reference to Woolos.

Since email verification is dead right now, could somebody please edit the Wooloo trivia section with the following?:

"As the setting of Pokémon Sword and Shield is based on the British Isles and sheep are most often associated with the Wales, a country in Great Britain, it could be that Wooloo's name is a reference to the legendary Welsh King Gwynllyw(Gwynllyw - Wikipedia), whose name in English is Woolos."

Thanks and diolch :)

Can we add this example to this page on Bulbapedia?
"Falinks is shown to be much smaller, at roughly 2'00 (0.6 m). This could be because the Pokédex measures the brass and troopers."

Back
Top Bottom