• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Conversational Japanese Thread・日本語会話スレ

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Hello! This is a place to chat with others (in Japanese)! Like the Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread, but in Japanese!
Forum rules apply of course, but please make sure to chat in Japanese! (If you'd like, I guess you could do English in inline spoiler tags, like this)
Any level of learners welcome!! (Mods, if you would rather not this thread exist, please tell me and I'll take care of it.)

じゃあ、自己紹介する!
タコヤキです!あたしは高校1年生です。3年前日本語を勉強し始めた。1年前あたしは本気で日本語を勉強すること始めた。
日本語にペラペラになりたい。日本で留学生になるつもりだ。よろしくね!

Mod Note (pokemoll, 06/03/2022)

I just wanted to clarify that this thread is intended for those who are actively interested in learning and practicing their Japanese. In order to help you practice your conversational skills, grammar structure, etc, it would be beneficial for posts here to make as limited use of Google Translate as possible.

Whilst it's fine to use the translator for widening your vocabulary or double-checking a message, messages which have been fully filtered through Google Translate are not appropriate for this thread. This is to help you improve your fluency and understanding of the language by actively thinking for yourself, and to ensure that actual conversations are taking place here.

Please note that it is more than fine to ask for help in this thread, and use of English in spoiler tags to do so is acceptable. We all have to start somewhere when learning a language - however, frequently relying on a translation service will hinder your progress in the long-run.

Last edited:
ここにポストしてくれてありがとう!
いいや、も一度読んだ、今分かる!また始まった?それはいいね!
はい、 私にまた日本語勉強をしますを嬉しいです。

日本語にポケモンゲームをしたことがある?僕はポケモンシールドをしてみた、でもすごい難しかったから辞めた。多分来年してみるかな
私はポケモンポケットモンスター ソードをしてみた。しかし、私はまだに遠くまでありません。
はい、難しかったあります。

No I was just confused with the use of まで after は. I personally would say something like 4月前までよく勉強しなかった。 (I didn't really study until 4 months ago) but I understood it OK once I read it again!
Ah, gotcha. I haven't had very many conversations in Japanese so I don't know what sentence structures will be confusing to others./ispoiler]

「ポケモンLEGENDS:アルセウス」をするつもりですか?
僕はゲームをダウンロードした、多分1、2時間にする。たのしみ〜
はい、私はゲームをつもりします。しかし、私はまっています。

「Wordle」は最近、ポピュラーなゲームですね!
僕は毎日する!今、日本語バージョンを見た!
難しいでも楽しい
あ、そうですか。私は「Wordle」英語をしません。しかし、たぶん「Wordle」日本語を試みます…

Huh, really? My particle understanding is pretty rudimentary, so I can't really see why not...

漢字はまだ始めたばかりなので、Google翻訳トークで失礼します。現在、日本語を独学で勉強しています。皆さんは今日何をされましたか?

I’m still just starting Kanji, so excuse my Google translate-talk. I am currently self-studying Japanese. What has everyone done today?

こんにちは、ギャラクティックVです 

私は芸術家と作家を目指すこと、漫画やアニメ大好きなのですよ。

アバターとシグネチャーは私自身の芸、全部オリジナルキャラって訳の。

へたクソな投稿なのでごめんなさい(笑)、なんと言っていいのか全然分かりません w

では、最後にアバターのおかしいなセリフで投稿を終了します (タコ様です、物語で日本の内閣総理大臣!)

タコ様「王級学園・・・?オメエ、あのクズクソエリートヤロー共に集まるクズエリート学園の生徒だな?」(首相さんらしいの言い方だと思いますかwww)

こんにちは、あたしはアルセウスがいないです。大学で日本学を勉強している。ポケモン大好き。一番好きなポケモンはナマズンだ。

ボーカロイドの音楽好きだ。巡音ルカ一番好きけど、鏡音レンとリンも好き。

ボーカロイドの音楽好きだ。巡音ルカ一番好きけど、鏡音レンとリンも好き。
巡音ルカは本当に良いボーカロイドです。ワールズエンドダンスホールを聴いたことがありますか?
Megurine Luka is a really good Vocaloid. Have you heard of World's End Dancehall? (please correct me!)

巡音ルカは本当に良いボーカロイドです。ワールズエンドダンスホールを聴いたことがありますか?
Megurine Luka is a really good Vocaloid. Have you heard of World's End Dancehall? (please correct me!)
うん、聴いた。でも、ルカの一番好きな歌じゃない。迷的サイバネティクスの方が好き。

In-Thread Clarification: Use of Google Translate
Hello all,

I just wanted to clarify that this thread is intended for those who are actively interested in learning and practicing their Japanese. In order to help you practice your conversational skills, grammar structure, etc, it would be beneficial for posts here to make as limited use of Google Translate as possible.

Whilst it's fine to use the translator for widening your vocabulary or double-checking a message, messages which have been fully filtered through Google Translate are not appropriate for this thread. This is to help you improve your fluency and understanding of the language by actively thinking for yourself, and to ensure that actual conversations are taking place here.

Please note that it is more than fine to ask for help in this thread, and use of English in spoiler tags to do so is acceptable. We all have to start somewhere when learning a language - however, frequently relying on a translation service will hinder your progress in the long-run.

I have also updated the OP to reflect these guidelines!

I hope that all makes sense. Thank you all.

Back
Top Bottom