• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think Goh's Grookey is the worst starter a main character has ever had in the anime?

Is Goh's Grookey the worst starter owned by a main character?

• Yes

Votes: 45 80.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters
I swear Grookey better not evolve in that episode. Grookey absolutely doesn't deserve it right now and Goh has done, like with all the other starters, very little to earn it. Knowing this mess of a series though they will give Grookey the most undeserving evolution in Pokemon anime history.

I swear Grookey better not evolve in that episode. Grookey absolutely doesn't deserve it right now and Goh has done, like with all the other starters, very little to earn it. Knowing this mess of a series though they will give Grookey the most undeserving evolution in Pokemon anime history.
It’s honestly brilliant how quickly they managed to outdo themselves for the same title after Drizzile > Inteleon.

It’s honestly brilliant how quickly they managed to outdo themselves for the same title after Drizzile > Inteleon.
Fandom: "Scorbunny's evolutions sucked and Sobble's were even worse!"
JN:
spongebobmeme.png

i dont remember ash being blamed for it. and besides, those pokemon weren't very in sink so thus it probably would of happened sooner or later anyways
Go literally said that Ash takes things too far when it came to the situation. And regardless of if it would have happened sooner or later doesn’t change the fact that it did happen because of Grookey messing around nor the fact that Go deflected the blame to someone else rather than owning up to it.

well team rockets always doing things like that i havent ever heard anyone complaining about them
Team Rocket are villains. Causing trouble for the protagonists is literally their point because they are the antagonists of the show. Grookey is not. We're supposed to be rooting for this monkey, but we have been given no reason to, as it's completely unsympathetic.

well team rockets always doing things like that i havent ever heard anyone complaining about them
I don't know what the TRio has to do with that gremlin being so unsympathetic.

I will dare to say that they, at least, got rid of that pest.

It is absolutely impossible to root for that monkey, nor find it either cute or likeable.

TR are Villains. They're SUPPOSED to do bad things and make you dislike them

Grookey is not a Villain
Well, the TRio can be sympathetic at times and there are people who love them.

That pest acts like a Little Devil and gets away with all the ruckus it causes.
Being a Karma Houdini, or to get others blamed for those misdeeds, is the worst thing about it.

Well, the TRio can be sympathetic at times and there are people who love them.

That pest acts like a Little Devil and gets away with all the ruckus it causes.
Being a Karma Houdini, or to get others blamed for those misdeeds, is the worst thing about it.
it dosent blame others for what it does. goh does that for him

it dosent blame others for what it does. goh does that for him
That doesn't make Grookey look better in fact that makes Goh look just as bad because instead of owning up to what Grookey does and teaching him that its wrong to do those things. He instead blames everyone else for any wrong doing his Grookey does.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom