• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

what are somethings you don't like about pokemon legends arceus?

-I'm not too crazy about the new battle system when you can have your opponent attack 3 times in a row.
Yeah this is just ridiculous in my opinion. Towards the end of the main story, when you fight Beni? His Sneasler and Gardevoir managed to get three hits in each and KO my respective Pokémon that were out at the time; RIP naturally slower Pokémon in a speed based battle system I guess. And before someone says "Pokémon battles have always been about speed," speedy Pokémon were never able to act up to 3 times before you could move, with the further option of boosting their final move's power and accuracy for an extra power point.

Yeah this is just ridiculous in my opinion. Towards the end of the main story, when you fight Beni? His Sneasler and Gardevoir managed to get three hits in each and KO my respective Pokémon that were out at the time; RIP naturally slower Pokémon in a speed based battle system I guess. And before someone says "Pokémon battles have always been about speed," speedy Pokémon were never able to act up to 3 times before you could move, with the further option of boosting their final move's power and accuracy for an extra power point.
and not to mention that even if you do use agile style, there are times where it does nothing other then weaken your attack unless you use it on a move like quick attack or bullet punch (which i'm not exactly a fan of due to how weak those moves are and i especially don't like normal type moves like quick attack. i don't know why but normal types just feel so weak and not practically speical...at least for the most part). so i only really use agile style to prevent my pokemon from landing a finishing blow so i can capture the pokemon. and funny thing is, i find myself using strong style more than agile style in battles when i'm not capturing pokemon.

Yeah, the new battle system feels worse than the old one. I was a bit worried about what would happened with Speed when it was announced and it unfortunately came true.
It is harder to fully sweep since a Pokémon then in some earlier entries since coming in after a faint seems to get a big priority advantage, but the three attacks in row thing you sometimes see is a bit much.
I actually sort of like how some of the moves were changed in ways that makes mixed attackers more viable and making levels have a lower effect on the damage calculation is sort of interesting, though I'm not sure yet if I like it.

From a UI perspective I think the game really could use a minimap or at least a compass to make it easier to keep orientation without having to open the full map.

Finally, I find the action style bosses a bit dull.

Story-wise I think the game is a step up from Sw/Sh but has some of the same problems; certain characters actions don't have much impact because we don't just spend enough time with them.

I actually sort of like how some of the moves were changed in ways that makes mixed attackers more viable and making levels have a lower effect on the damage calculation is sort of interesting, though I'm not sure yet if I like it.
although in turn, they made some of the status moves pretty redundant. i don't see a reason why i want to use sword dance when i can use calm mind to boost both attack and defense stats in one go. yes those moves that boost both stats have less PP but those moves that only boost defense or attack are still redundant (except for maybe Shelter that the goomy evolution line can learn which makes it so attacks from pokemon miss sometimes). and i don't find myself often running out of PP either, especially when i have Leppa Berry which aren't hard to come by.

although in turn, they made some of the status moves pretty redundant. i don't see a reason why i want to use sword dance when i can use calm mind to boost both attack and defense stats in one go. yes those moves that boost both stats have less PP but those moves that only boost defense or attack are still redundant (except for maybe Shelter that the goomy evolution line can learn which makes it so attacks from pokemon miss sometimes). and i don't find myself often running out of PP either, especially when i have Leppa Berry which aren't hard to come by.
Yeah, I at least think Swords Dance and similar moves should raise stats two levels instead of one, but I'm not sure if stat raises/drops even have multiple levels anymore.

Yeah, I at least think Swords Dance and similar moves should raise stats two levels instead of one, but I'm not sure if stat raises/drops even have multiple levels anymore.
yeah and maybe then i see a reason to use the moves that only boost one type of status. and yes there is actually more then one level of boosts/debuffs.

Thankfully not much, but I’ll mention the graphics again. Really want them to take more time with it next time. I also don’t like the story, at least how it plays out near the climax. Things just happen out of nowhere.

A minor one is how each area is separated, like you gotta fast travel each time you leave jublife. Or how you can’t fast travel between areas directly. Last one is that pokemon don’t follow you, would’ve loved if the first one you sent could

IMO the disproportionate advantage of high Speed in this game rivals the dominance of the Special stat in Gen I, which I didn't even think was possible to recreate.

and not to mention that even if you do use agile style, there are times where it does nothing other then weaken your attack unless you use it on a move like quick attack or bullet punch (which i'm not exactly a fan of due to how weak those moves are and i especially don't like normal type moves like quick attack. i don't know why but normal types just feel so weak and not practically speical...at least for the most part). so i only really use agile style to prevent my pokemon from landing a finishing blow so i can capture the pokemon. and funny thing is, i find myself using strong style more than agile style in battles when i'm not capturing pokemon.

Yeah, this is exactly how I use them too. The whole point of Agile Style is to let you perform more attacks in exchange for less power, but far too often I find myself unable to actually get multiple attacks when using Agile Style, so it defeats the entire purpose. So yeah, like you, I only really use Agile Style to prevent KOing a Pokemon I'm trying to catch, or if it's a dex requirement.

Yeah, this is exactly how I use them too. The whole point of Agile Style is to let you perform more attacks in exchange for less power, but far too often I find myself unable to actually get multiple attacks when using Agile Style, so it defeats the entire purpose. So yeah, like you, I only really use Agile Style to prevent KOing a Pokemon I'm trying to catch, or if it's a dex requirement.
I'd say maybe 3 times out of 10 you get an extra move using Agile Style. Something like that.

I find it annoying that Pokemon spawning inside the Time-Space Distortions immediately notice you, giving you no time to sneak around for the best throwing angle. The only way is if you're hiding in the tall grass, but even then, some spots might not even have tall grass at all.

I find it annoying that Pokemon spawning inside the Time-Space Distortions immediately notice you, giving you no time to sneak around for the best throwing angle. The only way is if you're hiding in the tall grass, but even then, some spots might not even have tall grass at all.
and if you decide to battle them, you'll have to fight multiple of them at the same time while you can only have 1 pokemon out at once. and unlike the trainer battles where their extra pokemon are weaker, these ones are near equal level. so the game is pretty much asking you to be over leveled. and leveling up is also a pain late game since those EXP candies will barely even have an effect on the pokemon since the higher the level they are, the longer it takes for them to level up. i don't know why but leveling feels much slower in this game. and the rare candies are way too rare (no pun intended) and i only found like...2 or 3 in my entire playthrough and the exp candies are also rather uncommon, not to mention VERY expensive.

Last edited:
and if you decide to battle them, you'll have to fight multiple of them at the same time while you can only have 1 pokemon out at once.
If you lead them on a chase first you can usually manage to break them down into 1v1s.

If you lead them on a chase first you can usually manage to break them down into 1v1s.
true but its not exactly easy to do that since you got to loose them from their sights and only have one spot you and lure it away.

true but its not exactly easy to do that since you got to loose them from their sights and only have one spot you and lure it away.
Nah, usually one of them will just naturally take the lead and if you lead it far enough ahead you can just throw out a Pokemon.

I'd say maybe 3 times out of 10 you get an extra move using Agile Style. Something like that.

Considering that you're sacrificing some BP and 1 extra PP for it, 3/10 isn't frequent enough for it to be much use. The extra turn is the only real benefit over using a normal move, if you're not getting the extra turn there's usually no point in using Agile Style over a normal move.

Considering that you're sacrificing some BP and 1 extra PP for it, 3/10 isn't frequent enough for it to be much use. The extra turn is the only real benefit over using a normal move, if you're not getting the extra turn there's usually no point in using Agile Style over a normal move.
yeah exactly...which makes strong style more reliable then agile style. sure you may end up making the enemy go twice in one turn but the extra damage and accuracy sounds better then having a style that sometimes makes you go twice with weaker damage. unless again you use moves like bullet punch and quick attack but since they are already really weak moves, your making them even weaker. even though they tired making those moves more reliable but i honestly still think they aren't great in the mid game like with the case in past games, especially quick attack. i'am not a fan of quick attack or many of the normal moves since again, normal typing feels so weak. not only that but i'm pretty sure normal typing has no super effective advantage against any typing.

I actually feel like there aren't enough Pokémon in the wild. Some areas feel rather empty. There are some mountains or paths you can walk through without seeing any sign of a Pokémon and maybe it's just me but I think there should be more. Maybe it isn't even Pokémon they need to add, I think even some more scenic changes could be made to enhance the gameplay. Petals could flow through the air when it's windy, Pokémon could be found digging underground, fire type Pokémon could set the grass on fire, NPC's could be seen walking around the biomes along with merchants or trainers. Now that I think about it, I guess I want the game to be a little more like Breath of the Wild, which I don't think would be a bad thing. Anyways these were just some things I personally would like to see in the game for it to feel a little more interactive. Oh and I wish you could pet the Pokémon.

Noble battles. I don't hate them but it feels like they belong in a different game. Evading Pokemon's attacks in the overworld doesn't compare to the hundred attacks these things can throw at you, making the learning curve very steep if you don't play adventure games often, and the "bonus" you get after using a Pokemon can last mere seconds, making it pointless. And let's not talk about how sometimes just running is more effecting than using the evade action. If it weren't for the "Restart from previous point" mechanic it would have taken me hours to beat the final ones.

I don't like how thunderstorms happen way too often in the Coronet Highlands, it blocks any Space-Time Distortions from happening, thus making it so much harder to actually get some of the Pokemon that spawn exclusively in them, which are already hard to get specific ones to begin with.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom