• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens I - VIII)

Hello! I have a question about the ability super luck. The bulbapedia article states that in sword and shield, a pokemon with the ability super luck increases the chances of finding a pokemon holding an item. I was hoping to find how much of a boost this was, especially since I wanted to compare it to a simular effect from pokemon with the ability compound eyes, but I haven't been able to find anywhere else that mentions that super luck has this effect. Is this field effect something that actually happens with super luck, and if so exactly how does it affect chances of held items?

Hello, i have always asked myself a question in pokemon and never really got the answer.

Is it possible to differentiate a pokémon obtained in a normal way, from a hacked pokémon?

I would find it super frustrating to have a legit shiny if you can't tell it from a hacked shiny..

Hello, i have always asked myself a question in pokemon and never really got the answer.

Is it possible to differentiate a pokémon obtained in a normal way, from a hacked pokémon?

I would find it super frustrating to have a legit shiny if you can't tell it from a hacked shiny..
Generally, there is no way to differentiate between hacked and non-hacked Pokémon 100% guaranteed. That being said, Pokémon with bizarre OTs like .yt, perfect IVs, competitive EVs, and/or competitive moves that are generally difficult to get on your Pokémon, and/or are in rare Pokéballs such as a Love Ball, are level 100, etc. are usually hacked. Basically, anything that looks to be too perfect or had a lot of time put into it is most likely hacked. If it looks like someone just caught the shiny off of Route 1, then there’s a greater chance that it’s not hacked.

An easier rule of thumb is that nearly all shiny Pokémon sent through Wonder Trade are hacked.

my pokemon sword catridge ( not digital version ) is euro region. now i want to purchase dlc pass from us eshop.. it works or not? or i only have to purchase at euro eshop. thanks

Now I wonder how you think I should find out which Pokémon you think is the strongest in competitive play, by base stats, by Smogon-based tier (such as OU and Uber) or by which criteria?

Alright, so a coupl'a weeks ago, i was just mindlessly walking around the caves on the isle of armor. I stumble upon thjis lady with the standard female miner model, nothing special, so i talk to her, maybe she'll give me an item or such.
Because of this i end up skipping what she has to say until I notice she's actually saying something important. i was staring off into space but I snapped back in and she was saying something like "So are you ready to play the game of your lifetime?" or sumn like that and I say no because I dunno what she said and I'm hoping I can just have the interaction again. And she says something like "oh well. Here's the Dynite ore i promised" and she gives me a dynite ore and disappears... what was THAT all about?

Sooo... hopefully this is the right place to ask this.

I heard Eevee's evolution methods have changed a bit, with like a leaf stone evolving it into Leafeon now. Do Umbreon and Espeon still evolve through friendship or is that changed too? I can't find any specific answers to those two.

Also, is the day/night cycle only in the Wild Area? That's the only place where it was night when I was playing at night.
Tes, Sylveon, Epseon, and umbreon still evolve by friendship.
The only reason that the wild area only should be affected by time of day is if the story is not done.

Any decent counters for Galarian Darmantian? Nearly got swept by someone running a speedy one with Icicle Crash and Earthquake. I don't think it was banded, which is the kicker.

If I have Shield, can I still make my Coalossal gigantamax if I use that soup from the expansion pass or is it "locked" to sword?
You can. The soup can be used on any Gigantamax-capable species except Melmetal. It doesn't matter if they're exclusive to the other version.

Generally, there is no way to differentiate between hacked and non-hacked Pokémon 100% guaranteed. That being said, Pokémon with bizarre OTs like .yt, perfect IVs, competitive EVs, and/or competitive moves that are generally difficult to get on your Pokémon, and/or are in rare Pokéballs such as a Love Ball, are level 100, etc. are usually hacked. Basically, anything that looks to be too perfect or had a lot of time put into it is most likely hacked. If it looks like someone just caught the shiny off of Route 1, then there’s a greater chance that it’s not hacked.

An easier rule of thumb is that nearly all shiny Pokémon sent through Wonder Trade are hacked.
I was going to say because according to the Official Play! Pokémon Rules & Resources Penalty Guidelines, they officially state from this link and I quote:

"The use of external devices, such as a mobile app, to modify or create items or Pokémon in a player’s Battle Team is expressly forbidden. Players found to have Pokémon or items that have been tampered with may receive a Disqualification, regardless of whether the Pokémon or items belong to that player or were traded for."

However when I asked Google about this I got this answer:

"It it legal, but not legit. Nevertheless, it isn't an issue to use it. There is no way to trace the bred children back to it, and they will be considered legitimate. I wouldn't really consider it cheating, as you are just getting pokemon you would have been able to get quicker than usual."

Since Pokémon bred from Hacked Pokémon like with a 6 31 IV Ditto that was modded by someone for example is considered legal by Google's definition does that mean that they're not allowed to be used in official VGC events since they're considered "Illegally Manipulated Pokémon?" Nintendo / Game Freak doesn't even crack down on Pokémon that are either modded or hacked through Pokémon Bank and Pokémon HOME so I was curious. Online Ranked Battles on Sword & Shield and Scarlet & Violet is probably the best way to tell If your Pokémon is hacked but it will cost you a permanent ban from Pokémon HOME as well as not being able to compete in Online Ranked Battles again.

Another way to tell If a Pokémon is hacked is by checking their memories. If they say, "[insert Pokémon name] seems to have a fond memory, but it doesn't seem to be able to remember the details..." then it's most likely hacked. Yet what I found really odd was If a Pokémon that's bred from a Hacked Pokémon like a 6 31 IV Ditto for example has been fully evolved and had all their EV's and IV's maxed out then their memories when checked later will negate the following quote, "[insert Pokémon name] seems to have a fond memory, but it doesn't seem to be able to remember the details..." So is the bred Pokémon considered hacked even though it has no memory of it's parents?

Turns out Verlisify on YouTube was right all along about Hacked Pokémon in regards to DittoGate. I wouldn't be surprised If most VGC players run Hacked Pokémon on their team and not even realize it thinking they're legitimate. Even though they may have been bred by a Ditto that was either hacked, coded, or modded into the game it's still considered cheating at least to Play! Pokémon and Pokémon Company International. Oddly enough I tested a bred Pokémon team for Online Ranked Battles that I had a suspicion of being hacked and I didn't receive any penalties for it at all so now I don't know what to believe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom