• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

"More close remake" meaning including more explicitly remade scenes or plot points from DP, not meaning a 1:1 remake. Very obviously they knew this game would be largely set in the past before turning computers on to start modeling it.

Starting the game in an explicitly remade room from DP is something that would have been a really cool idea without BDSP, but then seems redundant with BDSP existing and coming out 2 months prior. And it is very obvious to me that work began on PLA way before work began on BDSP, meaning the scope of callbacks and throwbacks were likely far greater in PLA back when it was greenlit and work began, VS this final version of PLA.
It's not really redundant? Like... it's their room. Lucas/Dawn returned home at the end of their modern day journey and it's still their room. It's a sensible starting point and would have made perfect sense as a continuation from your journey in BDSP- protag returns home after becoming champion and then gets sucked into the past by the local god llama.

I imagine that there was either a time crunch and they dropped the cutscene, or they just decided that it was better to remove it so you could create your own narrative, considering how many times you get to decide whether your character has prior knowledge or doesn't know anything at all ever.

It's not really redundant? Like... it's their room. Lucas/Dawn returned home at the end of their modern day journey and it's still their room. It's a sensible starting point and would have made perfect sense as a continuation from your journey in BDSP- protag returns home after becoming champion and then gets sucked into the past by the local god llama.

I imagine that there was either a time crunch and they dropped the cutscene, or they just decided that it was better to remove it so you could create your own narrative, considering how many times you get to decide whether your character has prior knowledge or doesn't know anything at all ever.
Having the player character be in the XY player character shirt is a specific choice that distances the PLA character from being the DP player character (Lucas/Dawn), something that doesn’t match well with the idea of starting the game in the DP player’s room.

It’s a change that makes things less explicitly a DP remake or continuation, and all I’ve been trying to say here is that it’s likely a change made when the idea of the game was refined to be exactly that- less of a remake- with BDSP being released right around it. It’s well in the realm of possibility.

Last edited:
Having the player character be in the XY player character shirt is a specific choice that distances the PLA character from being the DP player character (Lucas/Dawn), something that doesn’t match well with the idea of starting the game in the DP player’s room.

It’s a change that makes things less explicitly a DP remake or continuation, and all I’ve been trying to say here is that it’s likely a change made when the idea of the game was refined to be exactly that- less of a remake- with BDSP being released right around it. It’s well in the realm of possibility so I don’t really get the rebuttals.
I think the forced hairstyles at the beginning are more significant than the shirts. The fact that they chose Kalos and Alola most likely has to do with France and Hawaii being Japan's two most popular overseas travel destinations.

Buuuut what I was getting at is that the room isn't likely a leftover from any alternative version of the game. If there was any development for a more remake-like Legends, there probably would have been more hidden content than just a room that more likely was just intended for a scrapped starting cutscene, especially given the sudden nature of the finalized start of the game just being in a glowing void.

I suppose it's also possibly notable that the reflection on the TV/window in that modern room seems to have the Galaxy HQ in it, so it had to have been created after that, not before.

Last edited:
Perhaps the main character was asleep when Arceus dragged him/her to its realm? It would explain why when we first see them, their eyes are closed before opening them like they are waking up.
That would be my guess. Going from sleep to waking up in a dark void would've been a convenient scene transition.

Sorta explains the bedroom, even if it's a bit of a hazy connection...
That would be my guess. Going from sleep to waking up in a dark void would've been a convenient scene transition.
It also explains their panicked reaction on seeing that they are in a dark void instead of their room.

I think the forced hairstyles at the beginning are more significant than the shirts. The fact that they chose Kalos and Alola most likely has to do with France and Hawaii being Japan's two most popular overseas travel destinations.
I started with a Galar shirt. Or what I think it's a Galar shirt (will take a pic once I finish some dungeons on Final Fantasy XIV).

EDIT: It's this one:

yuzu 929 _ Pokémon Legends_ Arceus (64-bit) _ 1.0.0 _ AMD 25_2_2022 19_56_13.png

Feel free to correct me about it.

Last edited:
The female shirt is the Luxury Holiday shirt from Galar...but a shorter sleave version. It even has the little brand tag on it.

loosetopluxuryholiday.jpg

So I don't think the shirts really matter. I mean they could have just traveled to Poké-Europe in the 3-5 year gap or had family bring them souvenirs from Galar/Kalos.

The female shirt is the Luxury Holiday shirt from Galar...but a shorter sleave version. It even has the little brand tag on it.

View attachment 156152

So I don't think the shirts really matter. I mean they could have just traveled to Poké-Europe in the 3-5 year gap or had family bring them souvenirs from Galar/Kalos.
Aha, glad someone was able to find that one. I foolishly looked everywhere but Galar. Should've known.

So does anyone really expect a new generation tomorrow, in addition to DLC to boot? I remember being in the minority who expected Generation VII in 2016 (lol, good times), but let's just say that there was a lot more talk about it come February... Now we don't even have fake leaks worth mentioning. Gee, maybe that's what happens after two core series releases in the past 3 months?

As for the DLC, I am not very optimistic about it, sadly. I expect the remaining Dexit Pokemon and more Noble battles. Proper evolutions if I'm lucky (the main game only had 3).

What I really want is for the "stadium" subdomain from last May to finally pan out.

I’m pretty sure the leftover modern room is just that- leftover, from when this game was likely a more close remake of DP before deciding to go more original with a retelling and leave the 1:1 remake concept to ILCA.

Because really, PLA ended up being a retelling of DP in the end. Plot points and characters (and time setting) were tweaked, but the main beats call back to DP too closely to call it anything else (story wise).
The room doesn't even look like the Twinleaf one, except for one diploma. Anyway, the story beats being similar doesn't make the PLA story a remake. The focus is on exploring a mostly empty world with very few NPCs and facilities, and assembling a Pokedex rather than completing it. Irida, Adaman and Kamado are like no Sinnoh characters (the latter merely looks like Rowan)., while Volo is an awkward combination of Cynthia, Cyrus and even Ghetsis. Arceus is its own character, but I can't say that I care for it.

To be honest, Sinnoh's lore is fairly limiting despite how grand it is made out to be. Of course there was going to be something about restarting the universe in a way that involves the two legendary trios, so the climax is unsurprisingly similar to Platinum's (except padded out and with no Distortion World). They still did a decent job with the aforementioned characters, but future Legends game should be more innovative.

Last edited:
So does anyone really expect a new generation tomorrow, in addition to DLC to boot? I remember being in the minority who expected Generation VII in 2016 (lol, good times), but let's just say that there was a lot more talk about it come February... Now we don't even have fake leaks worth mentioning. Gee, maybe that's what happens after two core series releases in the past 3 months?

As for the DLC, I am not very optimistic about it, sadly. I expect the remaining Dexit Pokemon and more Noble battles. Proper evolutions if I'm lucky (the main game only had 3).

What I really want is for the "stadium" subdomain from last May to finally pan out.

The room doesn't even look like the Twinleaf one, except for one diploma. Anyway, the story beats being similar doesn't make the PLA story a remake. The focus is on exploring a mostly empty world with very few NPCs and facilities, and assembling a Pokedex rather than completing it. Irida, Adaman and Kamado are like no Sinnoh characters (the latter merely looks like Rowan)., while Volo is an awkward combination of Cynthia, Cyrus and even Ghetsis. Arceus is its own character, but I can't say that I care for it.

To be honest, Sinnoh's lore is fairly limiting despite how grand it is made out to be. Of course there was going to be something about restarting the universe in a way that involves the two legendary trios, so the climax is unsurprisingly similar to Platinum's (except padded out and with no Distortion World). They still did a decent job with the aforementioned characters, but future Legends game should be more innovative.
I don't 100% expect a new gen this year in addition to the DLC but still feeling pretty 50/50 about it. The series just feels like it's getting ready to move on in so many aspects, and Legends, as good as it is for what it is, can't carry it out for two years. I doubt any coming DLC for it would be able to either.

As for the lack of leaks for any new gen, can't say it means much given the total lack of leaks for Legends before Khu decided to pipe up.

I do expect Legends DLC and a gen 9 announcement/tease, yeah. I'm not saying it's definitely happening, and I'm not saying more time in the oven wouldn't be appealing, but I think it's more likely to happen than not. The game's either coming in November or January, no way do they stretch it out to November 2023. Again, they might hold off on announcing it, but I find the idea that it's completely impossible that it's coming out this year pretty perplexing.

Besides, Khu said at the beginning of the year that this would be a big year for leaks, has indicated that this is the last year for gen 8 VGC, and keeps making curious observations about China and Pokemon. And it always struck me that TPCi seemed particularly proud of SuMo offering Chinese language options in the gen 7 announcement Direct-- obviously that's a big market for them. I'm 99% convinced that gen 9 is coming before the next VGC season and like 60% convinced it'll be a Chinese region.

Someone pointed out that only the Japanese Pokemon accounts have mentioned this Pokemon Presents. That's kinda concerning not gonna lie.
If I may ask, do you think people outside of Japan aren't going to have the Pokémon Presents on the same day? Sorry for asking the obvious, I just want to make sure

Someone pointed out that only the Japanese Pokemon accounts have mentioned this Pokemon Presents. That's kinda concerning not gonna lie.
Maybe the English social media managers think it'll be funny to go "SURPRISE! HAPPY POKÉMON DAY! BET YOU NEVER EXPECTED THIS, TRAINERS!" Even though we did...the Japanese accounts already told us.

What if it's a Japan-only Direct (lol)
I'd cry, then immediately start refreshing youtube or bulbapedia to find a fan translation
Maybe the English social media managers think it'll be funny to go "SURPRISE! HAPPY POKÉMON DAY! BET YOU NEVER EXPECTED THIS, TRAINERS!" Even though we did...the Japanese accounts already told us.
Maybe, I mean weirder things have been done. I hope that if they do try and surprise us, they make it'll make some sense why they hid it from us

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom