• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

Yeah, I'm kinda concerned its a Japan only thing and its not gonna be significant like DLC.
I hate to say you might be right on not getting anything significant. It's only a guess of mine though, it has only been a month since arceus came out. As for it "only being a Japan thing" I'm a bit skeptical. Pokémon is a worldwide franchise, surely the higher-ups know that giving stuff only to Japan for Pokémon day would make some of the fans upset. I have nothing else to back this up though, so you might be right.

I hate to say you might be right on not getting anything significant. It's only a guess of mine though, it has only been a month since arceus came out. As for it "only being a Japan thing" I'm a bit skeptical. Pokémon is a worldwide franchise, surely the higher-ups know that giving stuff only to Japan for Pokémon day would make some of the fans upset. I have nothing else to back this up though, so you might be right.
I don't expect Gen 9, as much as I wish for it just so Journeys can end, but I don't think its too soon to announce DLC for a game they released a month ago. The fact that no other Pokemon accounts have said anything though does concern me that its not really gonna be anything, rather merely being Japan-specific announcements.

Maybe, I mean weirder things have been done. I hope that if they do try and surprise us, they make it'll make some sense why they hid it from us
There's probably no other reason than to be cheeky.

I don't expect Gen 9, as much as I wish for it just so Journeys can end, but I don't think its too soon to announce DLC for a game they released a month ago. The fact that no other Pokemon accounts have said anything though does concern me that its not really gonna be anything, rather merely being Japan-specific announcements.
I feel like Journeys isn't going to end, new anime original characters yeah, but the format won't change. The days of going to the new region and new region only in anime is hopefully no more. I mean as in just to give the game side a break so they don't have to rush production on new gens and new Pokémon to keep the anime fresh.

Anyway, I really just think the other social media accounts are just trying to be secretive over the whole thing for some reason. I can't even think what Japanese only announcements would be other than like Pokémon Center news, Pokémon side at Nintendo World at Universal Studios, or Japan-only code distributions. All of which really don't need a separate presentation.

Folks, most Nintendo social media has been dark since Russia attacked. All the most recent tweets are from three days ago. The US Pokémon Twitter hasn’t posted the daily artwork since the Gen 4 one. They’re just worried about being deemed insensitive. We would’ve heard about the Presents if not for the attack.

They might just drop it tomorrow morning with no fanfare or they might release the info via tweets or a trailer or something in a week or two, but I don’t think any of this is indicative of the Presents not being relevant to us.

Folks, most Nintendo social media has been dark since Russia attacked. All the most recent tweets are from three days ago. The US Pokémon Twitter hasn’t posted the daily artwork since the Gen 4 one. They’re just worried about being deemed insensitive. We would’ve heard about the Presents if not for the attack.

They might just drop it tomorrow morning with no fanfare or they might release the info via tweets or a trailer or something in a week or two, but I don’t think any of this is indicative of the Presents not being relevant to us.
Ooh, yeah, good catch on that. The Pokemon twitter was very clearly starting to chug along with a daily countdown and keeping up with the daily announcements until that all started up.

Edit: Whoops, this was one of the last posts before the Nintendo account stopped posting. Yeah, I would probably want to go silent too.

Last edited:
Pfffth, here we go, a Gen 9 "leak"--

5l52ann5v5k81.png

I think most of us can agree that it's an obvious fake just based on the names but I guess at least someone is trying. XD
Positive and Negative are such lazy names.

Apparently Khu is saying DLC is no later than April 30th, BUT its literally just minor side quests and new species for outbreaks. No new areas, no new variants, nothing. He's still doing that come get your meal puppy shit so I hope its just him being petty towards Centro. I'm still so fed up with his puppy shit.

I hope Khu is just trolling because yeah, that would be a huge waste of time for them to just have a 14 minute presentation to say "Here's side quests and more outbreaks! Have a nice day!" That's something you'd normally see from a simple tweet. Something feels off.

Last edited:
[...]that would be a huge waste of time for them to just have a 14 minute presentation to say "Here's side quests and more outbreaks! Have a nice day!" That's something you'd normally see from a simple tweet. Something feels off.
It wouldn't be that bad if it was a free update. Especially considering there's been Animal Crossing Directs/announcements with much less in them.

The only problems will come if you have to pay for the extra side quests and Pokémon. But I don't think Nintendo is that petty.

It wouldn't be that bad if it was a free update. Especially considering there's been Animal Crossing Directs/announcements with much less in them.

The only problems will come if you have to pay for the extra side quests and Pokémon. But I don't think Nintendo is that petty.
When it comes to Animal Crossing, they didn't announce a major presentations for a few free new items and a holiday. It was just shadowdropped via a tweet. They've had minor updates in a Nintendo Direct, but that was a major Nintendo Direct. The only time they had a major presentation was for the massive 2.0 update.

This is an entire 14 minute presentation. Its not like them or even Nintendo to have a big presentation they're hyping up for it to be a very minor free DLC that amounts to minor side quests and outbreaks. They'd put out a tweet for that, just like they did for most Animal Crossing updates.

If its really what the DLC is, which I hope it isn't, there's gotta be more to the presentation, and I don't mean just Home functionality.

Last edited:
When it comes to Animal Crossing, they didn't announce a major presentations for a few free new items and a holiday. It was just shadowdropped via a tweet. They've had minor updates in a Nintendo Direct, but that was a major Nintendo Direct. The only time they had a major presentation was for the massive 2.0 update.

This is an entire 14 minute presentation. Its not like them or even Nintendo to have a big presentation they're hyping up for it to be a very minor free DLC that amounts to minor side quests and outbreaks. They'd put out a tweet for that, just like they did for most Animal Crossing updates.

If its really what the DLC is, which I hope it isn't, there's gotta be more to the presentation, and I don't mean just Home functionality.
There's still been seprate videos aside from the Nintendo Direct segments and Animal Crossing directs like this:

Not really something that needed a video even if it's only 2 minutes. They could have easily done what they do with Pocket Camp and have a big info graphic full of the Sanrio items and villagers with a tweet announcing it instead of going to all the houses.

You also have to remember we haven't heard anything from the Sleep or Detective Pikachu fronts forever, they're also probably going to cover those, the (hopefully free) DLC (if true), Home connectivity, have a 5 second teaser for Gen 9 (maybe), give more info on the free Pokemon Bank situation, and go over end of life events for SWSH. Even if like...the DLC isn't some grandiose Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra paid DLC for $30...there's still quite a few things to pad out thr 14 minutes.

Apparently Khu is saying DLC is no later than April 30th, BUT its literally just minor side quests and new species for outbreaks. No new areas, no new variants, nothing. He's still doing that come get your meal puppy shit so I hope its just him being petty towards Centro. I'm still so fed up with his puppy shit.

I hope Khu is just trolling because yeah, that would be a huge waste of time for them to just have a 14 minute presentation to say "Here's side quests and more outbreaks! Have a nice day!" That's something you'd normally see from a simple tweet. Something feels off.
He is most likely trolling Centro again.

There's still been seprate videos aside from the Nintendo Direct segments and Animal Crossing directs like this:

Not really something that needed a video even if it's only 2 minutes. They could have easily done what they do with Pocket Camp and have a big info graphic full of the Sanrio items and villagers with a tweet announcing it instead of going to all the houses.

You also have to remember we haven't heard anything from the Sleep or Detective Pikachu fronts forever, they're also probably going to cover those, the (hopefully free) DLC (if true), Home connectivity, have a 5 second teaser for Gen 9 (maybe), give more info on the free Pokemon Bank situation, and go over end of life events for SWSH. Even if like...the DLC isn't some grandiose Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra paid DLC for $30...there's still quite a few things to pad out thr 14 minutes.

The Sanrio thing still isn't a presentation though. They just shadowdropped that little update with no warning.

Also you're probably right that they could cover Detective Pikachu 2 and Pokémon Sleep. Though the thing is, didn't their initial tweet mention revealing something new? Those were revealed a long time ago. The supposed Legends Arceus DLC doesn't really fall in line with that. This sounds more like a minor free update.

Edit: It mentions in translation a special project to commerate Pokemon Day.

I'm tempted to not even bother waking up at 9 though now because its really sounding like this will be one of the most disappointing Pokemon Presents ever if there's really nothing significant revealed.

Last edited:

Khu mentioned the free DLC, which he was trolling in his previous posts. It's extremely likely Khu was trolling the leaks sites.

He's been saying that as a habit now, not even trolling Centro. I don't think he even has to try to trip Centro up at this point, Centro screws up paraphrasing his words anyway.

If the DLC really is that small, my guess is maybe Gen 9 really is being announced, the anime, VGC, and TCG seem to be in line with the final year of a Gen anyway.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom