• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you could make a Pokemon from any animal, alive or extinct, what animal would you use?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
With Generation 9 arriving, it's time for the classic speculation and wish list making for the new Pokemon that'll arrive alongside it. So, just as the title implies, what kind of animals would you like to see used in Scarlet/Violet?

For me, I've got a few animals I'd love to see some Pokemon based on, particularly for some fossil Pokemon.

The dimetrodon, gorgonopsia, synapsid, and elginerpeton in particular would make for some fun Pokemon, beyond the potential fossils, I'd love to see a proper spider or tarantula in the Pokemon world; I adore the Spinarak and Joltik line, but neither of them nor their evolutions are real spiders. Something based on the goliath bird eater or peacock tarantula would make for great options, some more moths would always be welcomed. Especially one based on the likes of the rosy maple, luna, atlas, or the eyed hawkmoth would make for fun Pokemon.

We have yet to gain a sabertooth tiger or cheetah Pokemon (unless the new Grass starter evolves into one, that is). Those are some I would love to see. We still don't have a genuine dolphin Pokemon either (Lanturn takes some cues from dolphins but it's obviously an angler fish), which is very strange. We need our dolphin pronto. And how about a hammerhead shark? I know we have Sharpedo, but that's more of a generic shark (or it might be a great white shark, I haven't been on Sharpedo's page, or really any page on the wiki, in a while due to the annoying ads). But still, having a hammerhead shark would be a nice way to create more diversity the Water-dwelling Mon department, since we tend to get suck with mostly Magikarp, Goldeen, and Tentacool. And speaking of Water Mons, how about a nautilus? Could make for an interesting idea. Those are some ideas I'd like to see be used for new Mons.

We have yet to gain a sabertooth tiger or cheetah Pokemon (unless the new Grass starter evolves into one, that is). Those are some I would love to see. We still don't have a genuine dolphin Pokemon either (Lanturn takes some cues from dolphins but it's obviously an angler fish), which is very strange. We need our dolphin pronto. And how about a hammerhead shark? I know we have Sharpedo, but that's more of a generic shark (or it might be a great white shark, I haven't been on Sharpedo's page, or really any page on the wiki, in a while due to the annoying ads). But still, having a hammerhead shark would be a nice way to create more diversity the Water-dwelling Mon department, since we tend to get suck with mostly Magikarp, Goldeen, and Tentacool. And speaking of Water Mons, how about a nautilus? Could make for an interesting idea. Those are some ideas I'd like to see be used for new Mons.
Never really thought about the lack of a proper dolphin yet, which is weird since Hoenn and Alola would've been the perfect opportunities to introduce one, maybe we'll get something like that in S/V. I love Sharpedo, but a hammerhead would be pretty cool.

Until now, I hadn't realized how much I wanted a sabertooth tiger either, though I'd expect the new starter will probably end up going down a panther themed route, unless Game Freak decides they want an Incineroar 2.0 for giggles.

Seconding dolphin! I can't believe we don't have one and would love to see a classic bottlenose or maybe a pink river dolphin! Sabertooth has been my number two wish for the new grass starter (right under Iberian lynx, but it'd be cool if we got a mixture of both), but I hadn't considered other big cats like a cheetah or panther! It'd be neat to see something along those lines, or maybe one of the littler ones like an ocelot or clouded leopard.

Fossil wise, (dimetrodons are so cute!) it'd be really cool to get a spinosaurus, a parasaur, or some sort of mesonychid! That and my obligatory request for a megaloceros/irish elk. .. Please.

As for currently living animals, I really want a chamois or ibex, genet, and a bearded vulture. That empty water Pokemon space could be filled by manatees, marine igaunas, or puffins - I'd be especially excited to see what ideas they'd come up with for the manatee. I'm kind of bouncing around idea wise, but another one that'd be cute is a tree kangaroo!!

Also, I'm 100% on board with some more moths - luna especially.

I want a good falcon pokémon.
In Portugal they use falcons to prey on seagulls in landfills. Because seagulls throw the trash around. I would really love a steel/flying or an electric/flying falcon that would hunt a poison/flying version of wingull.
That is my wish haha

I really want a pokemon based off a porcupine with defined quills. I think it should be a rock, poison, ice, or fire type.

I really want a pokemon based off a porcupine with defined quills. I think it should be a rock, poison, ice, or fire type.
An Ice/Poison porcupine would actually be pretty fun. Give it icy quills that form when it's threatened, maybe with the added ability to inject venom.

I already mentioned this in the Scarlet/Violet forums, but I'd like to see a Marabou Stork pokemon. It would be a great candidate for the Poison/Flying type since they can be found in landfills. Not to mention that it would work well as a tall and creepy pokemon that would surprise anyone who doesn't know about it beforehand.

Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom