• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IX Wishlist

I don't have a lot of wishes for the game except for one that will never happen: the return of the roller skates.
Without a circle pad, the only way they'd bring back skates is with a toggle, and at that point you may as well just use a bike.

Hope they incorporate the trick system into the new bike, though.

I don't have a lot of wishes for the game except for one that will never happen: the return of the roller skates.
Without a circle pad, the only way they'd bring back skates is with a toggle, and at that point you may as well just use a bike.

Maybe we can have skates instead of the bike?

I mean to be fair most people never used anything but the skates in gen 6 anyways. Might as well make it the only option, no walking, only skating.

If this were a typical Pokémon game, I would be heavily against more and larger dungeons. In all games except for PLA there was literally nothing to find off the beaten path except for a few throwaway items, making exploring them a slog. I dread having to go through Victory Road to get the League in any Region that has it. However, with PLA and (I'm assuming) SV largely doing rid of random Pokémon spawns, finding rare Pokémon through exploration would be really rewarding and I wanna see that happen.

Perhaps a strange one, but I would prefer if you couldn’t find the fully evolved form of every Pokémon in the wild. It makes me feel like there’s much less reason to train and evolve my own

One idea that would be very cool is to see wild pokemon interact and battle each other. The battles would play out like a regular turn based battle and you would be able to watch it and see all the attack animations. You could even interrupt it and have either both pokemon battle you or have one of the pokemon team up with you to take down the other pokemon. In addition, if a pokemon spots you and goes after you, another pokemon can notice that and initiate a battle to distract them. This would be especially useful if you're hurt and want to make your escape.

One idea that would be very cool is to see wild pokemon interact and battle each other. The battles would play out like a regular turn based battle and you would be able to watch it and see all the attack animations. You could even interrupt it and have either both pokemon battle you or have one of the pokemon team up with you to take down the other pokemon. In addition, if a pokemon spots you and goes after you, another pokemon can notice that and initiate a battle to distract them. This would be especially useful if you're hurt and want to make your escape.
Or you could swoop in and get an easy capture on the weakened victor.

I've loved the fact that each new generation adds a new Pikaclone, and I like that they've been adding new interesting types for the Pikaclones since gen 5. So assuming the pattern continues and we get a new Pikaclone, something I'd like to see are version exclusive Pikaclones. Yep, I'm still talking about version exclusives :LOL: I've actually wanted this since Sun and Moon because tbh, I'm surprised they've not done it yet. The closest we got to that was Plusle and Minun having different encounter rates in RS, but you could still get both in each game. I think it would be so cool to get a different Pikaclone in each game, especially if they got different secondary types.

And on that note can we please go back to Pikaclones being caught semi-early? They've been getting later and later which kinda annoys me as someone who always adds the Pikaclone to her team. I mean, c'mon can I just get them by the 3rd gym (assuming there are gyms) at least! Having to wait until the dang near end of SwSh to get Morpeko was very annoying (especially since Marnie had one earlier!).

Big wish: New Pokeballs! Every single gen I hope for the same thing. New types of Pokeballs. I miss how they used to add new Pokeballs in each new gen....before stopping at 5! And even in that case, the Dream Ball only exists in the Dream World. I am constantly hoping for new Pokeballs. There are so many concepts they haven't tried yet. We have the Dusk Ball, but no daytime equivalent. We have the Moon Ball, but nothing for Pokemon who evolve with other stones or items. We have the Net Ball, but no specific balls for any other types. I feel like the possibilities are endless. Now normally, I wouldn't have any high hopes, BUT considering Legends Arceus introduced a few new ball types, I'm hoping maybe we can see some other new ones in SV. I don't really see them bringing the LA new ones over unless overworld catching is back (and even then they may still leave them out). Still, 4 or 5 new ones would be great.

And back to the comment about moving things early, can we please get earlier spots to acquire all Pokeballs? Like a store where I can buy them all the second I can use a Pokeball? I don't like how we are always so limited to what we can use early on. Can we not just have a simple Pokeball store in the first town or city where we can buy any type of Pokeball? I hate having to wait until I reach a certain town or have a certain number of badges to use certain balls. I see no reason why can't we just use them all from the start? Maybeeeee, I could get holding back on Great and Ultra, but why can't I buy a Dusk Ball at the beginning of the game when early caves are pretty common?

We have the Moon Ball, but nothing for Pokemon who evolve with other stones or items.
I would much prefer a Pokeball with a higher catch rate on all stone Pokemon than more Pokeballs that are only effective for like 5 mons.
Edit: Just imagine a Dawn Ball, works on literally two Pokemon, one of which is rarely a wild catch.

And back to the comment about moving things early, can we please get earlier spots to acquire all Pokeballs? Like a store where I can buy them all the second I can use a Pokeball? I don't like how we are always so limited to what we can use early on. Can we not just have a simple Pokeball store in the first town or city where we can buy any type of Pokeball? I hate having to wait until I reach a certain town or have a certain number of badges to use certain balls. I see no reason why can't we just use them all from the start? Maybeeeee, I could get holding back on Great and Ultra, but why can't I buy a Dusk Ball at the beginning of the game when early caves are pretty common?
Balance reasons, Dusk balls are even stronger than Ultra Balls at night so it would make no sense to be able to buy a bunch of them before Ultra balls. Would make early game catches way too easy as long as you play at night.

We do also have the Dive Ball, to be fair.

But the Dive Ball is just for anything underwater, which isn't type specific, just location specific.

I would much prefer a Pokeball with a higher catch rate on all stone Pokemon than more Pokeballs that are only effective for like 5 mons.
Edit: Just imagine a Dawn Ball, works on literally two Pokemon, one of which is rarely a wild catch.

Balance reasons, Dusk balls are even stronger than Ultra Balls at night so it would make no sense to be able to buy a bunch of them before Ultra balls. Would make early game catches way too easy as long as you play at night.

I would prefer a "stone ball" or "evolution items" ball if anything. I personally feel the Moon Ball should have been the evolution stone ball or something since limiting it to just the moon stone seemed odd, espcially when very few Pokemon use it to evolve.

I personally don't have an issue with early game catches being easy. Heck, I would think making things easier earlier on would make sense. Personally, I don't think Great and Ultra balls should be held off until later either. Players can just choose not to buy them if they want a harder experience.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom